Community Event Pre-registration is now live!

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to tell you about our new Cantina pre-registration page! You can find the page and some more details on it here. However, let me give you the TLDR on the perks of pre-registering for our Cantinas:

• If you pre-register and attend the Cantina, you are eligible for a pre-registrant exclusive swag drawing!
  • If you pre-register and then redeem that Cantina exclusive pack code, you will receive an additional in-game reward.
  • Pre-registrants will get priority access to the Cantina (you get in first!)
  • Note: RSVPing on Facebook does not count as pre-registering, you must do it through this new page.

You can also see all of our currently planned Cantinas for the year listed there as well. We will update those with the specifics of each event as we have it! Thanks everyone, see you at the Cantina.

-eric

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great feature, I pre-registered immediately of course. :)

Pre-registrants will get priority access to the Cantina (you get in first!)

But what about our friends who have no SWTOR account or forgot to pre-register? Will they still be able to get priority access and enter with me or do they have to stay outside until regular access?

Also, I believe there is one design flaw:

Additionally, anyone who pre-registers for a Cantina and redeems that Cantina’s exclusive mount reward will earn an additional reward!

Anyone can get the mount from a friend without having to attend the cantina, so players will just pre-register for all the cantina tours this year, which makes the whole pre-registration kind of pointless. :confused:

Edited by Jerba

How about throwing a bone to the player base that is not able to attend such events like EU players, as well? We can't get rewards cause we don't have the assets to travel thousands of miles.

Isn't there one in Germany?

I went to the first in Seattle and i showed up almost two hours early,glad i did since by the time they started letting people in the line was three blocks long,missed the second one due to vacation hey i gotta fish : ) i pre signed for the PAX Seattle one i am very sure i will be able to attend.

• Dev Post
Great feature, I pre-registered immediately of course. :)

But what about our friends who have no SWTOR account or forgot to pre-register? Will they still be able to get priority access and enter with me or do they have to wait until regular access?

At least for now we are going to require that anyone who comes through the pre-registration line did in fact pre-register.

Also, I believe there is one design flaw:

Anyone can get the mount from a friend without having to attend the cantina, so players will just pre-register for all the cantina tours this year, which makes the whole pre-registration kind of pointless. :confused:

On our side of things the code you redeem if you attend, vs the the link you share afterwards are two different things. Meaning pre-registering and redeeming the code from attending is the only thing that will count for the extra reward!

-eric

On the page:

" let us know which Cantina’s you will be attending "

I would hope that the person's responsible for communication's would know by now that apostrophe's are never used to pluralize word's... you know, to appear professional and thing's. Just a tip from one of your customer's.

EDIT: It was fixed. Thank you. Please also fix all the other language mistakes in the game, some of which have been in since launch, and about many of which I have filed bug reports :)

Edited by dlakur

Hey folks,

I wanted to tell you about our new Cantina pre-registration page! You can find the page and some more details on it here. However, let me give you the TLDR on the perks of pre-registering for our Cantinas:

• If you pre-register and attend the Cantina, you are eligible for a pre-registrant exclusive swag drawing!
  • If you pre-register and then redeem that Cantina exclusive pack code, you will receive an additional in-game reward.
  • Pre-registrants will get priority access to the Cantina (you get in first!)
  • Note: RSVPing on Facebook does not count as pre-registering, you must do it through this new page.

You can also see all of our currently planned Cantinas for the year listed there as well. We will update those with the specifics of each event as we have it! Thanks everyone, see you at the Cantina.

-eric

How does the pre-register line work? How will you know who pre-registered? Will you ask for usernames?

• Dev Post
How does the pre-register line work? How will you know who pre-registered? Will you ask for usernames?

We will be checking usernames and email addresses at the event!

-eric

How about just streaming the entire thing online and do away with this "pre-order" garbage so that EVERYONE can just enjoy it in person or online without some "I am special" reward nonsense.

We are actually streaming our Cantina event from SW Celebration, so you can tune in! Nothing wrong with a little extra for those who attend though :)

-eric

• Dev Post
Will pre-registering be capped based on venue capacity (i.e., does successful pre-registering guarantee entry)?

It is very rare that we hit venue capacity as we try to leave a lot of buffer. However, if for some reason we have a ton of pre-registrations and they are more numerous than our capacity, we could turn people away. It does not guarantee entry. I will reiterate though, we have never had this happen. Celebration could certainly though, our room is huge but so is our attendance!

-eric

-eric

We are actually streaming our Cantina event from SW Celebration, so you can tune in! Nothing wrong with a little extra for those who attend though :)

-eric

No there is something wrong with it. Its complete garbage Eric that people that actually attend it get more cause they are able to while players, EU players for example which are just as important as US players (which in my opinion BW keeps forgetting from time to time). I want the same chance on those rewards as physical people that come. That would be FAIR, what you do, is NOT FAIR.

-eric

-eric

Sounds cool, what is the recommend time to get there as I know these events can get filled up quite quickly.

If you don't change this, you are handling this the same way as the Slot Machines (right when is that gonna be fixed?) or the Comms massacre (thank god that is changed in 3.2)

Huh,it's a community event what you want them to travel the whole globe? you go primarily to meet up with guildys,players from the server you play on,see other players and many dress up in Star Wars get ups what not and then meet some of the team,that's all it is really.

I met up pre funk with five people at the bar,then i met about ten other people from my server,one couple drove down from Canada and spent three days in Seattle and attended.

Edited by Sathid

How about throwing a bone to the player base that is not able to attend such events like EU players, as well? We can't get rewards cause we don't have the assets to travel thousands of miles.

The mount gives the person 5 codes for others. Then those 5 individuals get 5 more codes and so on. It will get to everyone eventually.

really REALLY wish you all had planned this better and not conflicted with any panels. i know thats probably been hard to do with reedpop sucking balls at their scheduling of events and yours was picked long long ago anyway. but seriously. shift this an hour and do 8-11 :D i dont want to miss this event, but really wanna see JAT/Hamill Edited by baldylox