Gender question

EbonHawkCz

Hi everyone

Iam thinking about playing SW as a female twilek but iam concerned about it

I tried a male SW and the voice acting is briliant and he fitts into the role of a SW perfectly

So i ask you if a female SW is good as a male one :)

Play both and they both are good pending what you like. The female comes across as a stern, slightly militant (but not as gruff as the BH) commander style voice. the male comes across (IMO...some may differ) as a dry but controlling dictator. Polite but with underlying manipulative (dare I say) sociopath undertones (depends on which options you choose). I tend to get a greater depth of interest out of some of the male replies, but the female replies are good as well.

If you were going ONLY for Voice as a determining choice, I'd say male by a slight margin. But there's a ton of differences in story and visual perspecitves (in battle and conversations) that make the female option just as enjoyable. I espcially enjoy the twist the Female skin gets in some situations...like a tense scowl with a feminine twist instead of the full teeth bared scowl kinda thing.

Or you can do what I did :) and level both!

I think either would really work. I think they key with your choice of "personalities" is better played out in the quest cut scene choices, not the sex of the toon.

I suggest create one of each, pick a body style/combo you like, and level both to 5 or so. you'll get a feel for the voices by then.

Thanks everyone

I dont want to play sociopathic,sadistic,brutal sith i would rather be the sensible sith on his path to redemption, so which gender is more fitted for this style ? :confused:

I'm playing my male SW as practical and lightside, and find the voice is excellent for this, too. I haven't played the female SW, though I have heard her voice quite a few times. Compared to most other female PC voices, she sounds more mature to me and tends to sound sort of calculating and like someone you really don't want to mess with.

Either could probably work, but IMHO the male voice is a bit better suited if you want to play it "nice".

if you played Dragon age 2 legacy. The female SW is acted by the same person that does Janika, the crazy screwed up warden.

she starts talking around 40 seconds in.

I play female agent (the voice of Hawke in this clip) and I adore her.

As for which to choose, hard to say. I didn't choose my SW solely on the voice actor, unlike my agent. imo. they are both very good. If I were you, I'd just play both, 1 dark and 1 light (male dark and female light, for best results in the romance department).

Kinda off subject but I guess I have to try making a male toon one of these days.. My female SW is level 32 dark 4 and with the rebreather on and the cape I got on TAT I am one tuff looking and sounding Purebred, and I got Quinn eating out of my hands lol