T7 Companion Quest Disappeared!

Ashraman

After completing Act I, I received my first quests from Kira and T7 that actually required that I go somewhere and do something rather than just talk to them. I cannot remember the name of the quest from T7 that disappeared, but it had something to do with traveling somewhere to investigate explosions of vessels causing deaths including that of a former master of T7 who had been a slaver. Anyway, the quest is no longer available from T7. I suspect the problem may have been having active quests from both Kira and t7 resulting in T7's quest disappearing.

Is this a known issue, and is there a fix for it? I have submitted a ticket and hope my quest series can be reset, but in the meantime, is there any workaround for this? Thanks in advance.

I think that was just a conversation with T7. I don't remember him actually sending me on a quest at that point.

If it is just the conversation, the name of it was "Slaver's Redemption" and you should have received XP and affection following the conversation.

Hi Onyx,

Thanks for your reply but the quest did indeed disappear without being completed by me. It required traveling to Alderaan if I remember correctly to investigate a suspicious explosion and death there T7 suspected was related to the death of his former master. I have a feeling you may be experiencing the same issue without realizing it. After doing some more research, I found that others have reported this issue. See the second post in the thread linked below:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1224270

My CS ticket has now been open for over 5 days, although it was apparently reviewed about 12 hours after I submitted it.

I've not had a conversation with T7 about Alderaan so perhaps I just haven't been given that quest yet. There are a couple areas on that planet that are level 40+.

I did do the "Slaver's Redemption" one though, and that conversation happened following Chapter 1. The slaver was not T7's master, he was converted to "good" by T7s former master and became an informant for the Jedi. The slaver went into hiding following the death of the master.

I'm currently level 38, into chapter 3, and married to Doc lol. I've done some looking around and don't find any record of a quest like you mention:(

Onyx,

Did you look at the post by another player I linked above?

Yea, I did before I posted.

They basically said the same thing--but no additional data on it:(

I will work on increasing affection with T7--that could be the limiting factor here for me. I see several more conversations with him that could lead into a quest, although their time-frame should put them as happening well into chapter 2 (basing that solely on the Doc conversations that they fall in line with).

I'll post if/when I find anything but here's the names of the quests I am seeing:

Slaver's Redemption (I've completed)

Shafu's Report (I think I have completed)

The Confession

The Assassination

Eckhorn's List

Terrin Sandafar

The Traitor

I stopped looking at that point.

I've not read any details on those, merely looked up the names. The only companion I've completed all quests with at this point is Doc, though I've done at least two conversations with all of them.

After completing Act I, I received my first quests from Kira and T7 that actually required that I go somewhere and do something rather than just talk to them. I cannot remember the name of the quest from T7 that disappeared, but it had something to do with traveling somewhere to investigate explosions of vessels causing deaths including that of a former master of T7 who had been a slaver. Anyway, the quest is no longer available from T7. I suspect the problem may have been having active quests from both Kira and t7 resulting in T7's quest disappearing.

Is this a known issue, and is there a fix for it? I have submitted a ticket and hope my quest series can be reset, but in the meantime, is there any workaround for this? Thanks in advance.

So far the only companion that I have actually gone somewhere with for a companion quest was Kira. T7 talked about the list, but it wasnt a travel mission, just conversation. I'm level 48, currently at 10000/10000 affection for T7, and I've finished the

mission where you go and try and capture the emperor and all that, and next planet/stop will be belsavis

and as far as I know there is no off-ship companion mission for T7 (our conversations on the ship seemed to have reached their conclusion, had a very nice talk about what the future holds.

Dear Dispatched,

Thanks for confirming. So that's three of us who have confirmed this problem. Frankly I suspect many others have had this happen as well but did not pay close attention to the conversation in question and the fact the quest disappeared without actually being completed.

I had the conversation about the former master converting the slaver but never got a quest out of it at all. Thought it was fairly strange, since his affection is pretty high and I'm way deep into Kira's storyline despite picking her up several levels after him... Edited by Quething

For those who have seen the quest and had it disappear, what level are you and what part of the story progression are you at? Also, male or female characters (yes, that matters lol, the companion conversation/quest paths are somewhat different).

The two of us who didn't think we'd missed anything are both into Chapter 3. I'm more than half-way through Belsavis--sounds like I'm slightly ahead of the other player on the class quest although they are several character levels above me.

I have far more affection with Kira than T7, have some affection with the final two companions and am maxed out with Doc.

CONFIRMED: The T7 Quest Line is Bugged

After receiving a canned response following an 8 day wait to my first ticket regarding T7's vanishing Alderaan quest (as discussed in my OP and throughout the thread) , I was able to speak in-game (amazing, huh?) to a customer service rep, Protocol Droid W6-c7, aka Cathryn.

Cathryn confirmed that this T7 quest is bugged and that the developers are working on a fix. However, it may take some time and there is estimated no time frame for the fix to be implemented.

Edited by Ashraman

Dear Onyx,

No, Cathryn of Bioware did not. I didn't ask her.

FYI per your request, my affection with T7 is currently maxed at 10,000. It was above 4k when I finished Act 1 and received quests simultaneously from both T7 and Kira.

I'm one of those people who love SWTOR most for its focus on storytelling. So this for me is a very important issue, although I'm sure that for those whose only concern is min/maxing their "toon", it is not.

Edited by Ashraman

Do we have confirmation of what causes this to bug? Does taking the Kira quest boot T7's? (Another reason to keep her doing nothing but running Treasure hunting mission for me in her dancers outfit)

More seriously once the Kira bug was revealed they were all over telling us how it would bug so it could be avoided any news on this?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...