Back from long break, looking for class guidance for which to ready 1st for end game

Marauder

Hi,

I am in the processs of getting back up to speed and was looking for some advice on the current state of the game as to where I should invest my effort 1st. I am a PvE player only and am looking at the end game content for level 70. FP, Ops, etc

I have all the classes but it would be a force user class for sure. How would you rank the Juggernaut, Assassin, Sorcerer and marauder for that? I am sure I will eventually get them all up from 65 to 70 but it seems there is a lot to do now at 70 from the command stuff, alliance stuff, iokath, FP, ops etc etc so I would appreciate kind of where these classes are these days as far as the dps role and effectiveness.

Thank you very much

Edited by Marauder

1.Juggernaut DPS - Too squishy at the moment,viable if you play it correctly,focused 1st in arenas. Not bad DPS

2.Marauder - One of the top classes at the moment. If played correctly can be a real destroyer.

3.Sorcerers - Not viable for pvp,except regs. Weak defences,it gets melted down 1vs1 from every class,except it's own xD. DPS is somewhere in the middle,can't agree it's super fine,it's 50/50.

4.Assassins - performing well,the best tank at the moment. DPS Deception and Hatred are doing well. Can't say it's the strongest class,but it's very usefull.

This is a short overview of the classes.

If you want detailed I can give you for Juggernauts since it's my main.

Vengeance as a dot spec is for me the best spec of a Jugg.Allthough its a squishy spec,you have some defences and heals which can make you last longer. You can't win 1vs1 against all classes,but if played correctly you can be a real challenge.

Rage - seeming most people say it's better than Vengeance,but I have my doubts.

Immortal - Tank discipline is worth it if you make it a hybrid with DPS Gear - Skank Tank and go in and last longer while doing more DPS thank with Tank Gear.

[...] I am a PvE player only and am looking at the end game content for level 70. FP, Ops, etc [...]

of course the first reply focuses entirely on PvP :D

Keeping in mind that all classes/disciplines are perfectly fine for all content at least up to HM Ops , Marauder is the best ops dps of the lot you mention with 2 disciplines (Carnage and Annihilation) at the top, the usual outstanding raid buffs (bloothirst and predation) and very good defenses (also Fury isn't bad, it's just the other 2 are better).

Deception Assassins are also in a very good spot and can withstand a truck hurl at them. Sorcs and Juggs have been better but they can still shine in good hands.

of course the first reply focuses entirely on PvP :D

Keeping in mind that all classes/disciplines are perfectly fine for all content at least up to HM Ops , Marauder is the best ops dps of the lot you mention with 2 disciplines (Carnage and Annihilation) at the top, the usual outstanding raid buffs (bloothirst and predation) and very good defenses (also Fury isn't bad, it's just the other 2 are better).

Deception Assassins are also in a very good spot and can withstand a truck hurl at them. Sorcs and Juggs have been better but they can still shine in good hands.

Seemingly you are right mate,I focused on PVP cuz that's all I do :D

On PVE grounds I am not that strong,but I pass all content with each class,except HM OPS, It's challenging a bit for a SORC but with a good team you can do everything :)

For PVE choose which class suits you the best,the poster above explained well that each class can shine in good hands,so learn your class which you enjoy the most and rock on :)