Brutalizer and Bolster

Icykill_

I have noticed that if you have full Brutalizer gear you keep your full expertise... This is great... But say you have all PVE gear and 1 piece of Brutalizer... ie a belt... You lose expertise...

I've been playing around with bolster at the terminal to see what is working amd what isn't...

I swapped my Brutalizer belt out for a 156 PVE one and gained expertise and main stats... That's bad

I have also noticed if you equipe a 162 purple barrel from one of the "new" drops and put into your weapons... You lose expertise and main stats...

You can swap some green 162 armor with no loss of expertise... But at some point you reach a critical point and adding more reduces expertise... I am still trying to work out exactly what that point is

If you swap any 156 enhancements for 162 purples you lose expertise... Same with "some" mods... Depends on that critical point again

Augments over 172 start to also affect expertise in some cases... Once again that critical point when bolster decides that you can't have more stats without losing expertise

Lastly my old 162 PVE setup on one of my Sorcs has better over all stats and 1932 expertise vs my fully Brutalizer Sorc on 2018... I know expertise is finally working as a proper stat in pvp... But the difference between the 2 still favours my PVE geared one when I'm in combat

Funny thing is if I use the 162 gear acquired after the expansion I lose expertise...

So, bolster seems to be complete mess...

I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can nail down what works and what doesn't

I have noticed that if you have full Brutalizer gear you keep your full expertise... This is great... But say you have all PVE gear and 1 piece of Brutalizer... ie a belt... You lose expertise...

I've been playing around with bolster at the terminal to see what is working amd what isn't...

I swapped my Brutalizer belt out for a 156 PVE one and gained expertise and main stats... That's bad

Yikes. I wonder if an exhumed or dark reaver belt would result in a loss of expertise vs the PVE belt or if it just Brutalizer and perhaps Obroan (or even Conq). That would be a particular injustice...get better PVP gear and you get...worse PVP stats...:confused:

Yikes. I wonder if an exhumed or dark reaver belt would result in a loss of expertise vs the PVE belt or if it just Brutalizer and perhaps Obroan (or even Conq). That would be a particular injustice...get better PVP gear and you get...worse PVP stats...:confused:

Only way to know is to test it at the bolster terminal... Just remember don't go over 156-162

Impossible to lose expertise, since the pvp pieces have inherent expertise stats. Only thing you could do is swap out mods etc, but only idiots have ever done pve/pvp mixing.