Guild ship login issues

JonDePlume

When I try to login into a character that is currently logged out on the Imperial guild ship the character will not load and eventually times out saying the server is down for maintenance. I have tried several characters that are logged out in various places, all of which work fine. I spoke with another player and when he tried to load the guild ship through his stronghold menu it also froze his world (he could move, all other players frozen) and eventually timed out with the same message. The Republic guild ship loads properly. This is happening at 4:26 Pacific Time.

Yeah same for me. So i logged in just fine to fleet, but my client froze when I went to my guildship. Looks like my other characters that aren't on the guildship are just fine. Maybe something with the maintenance this morning?

Ours got towed away for being double parked.

On a more serious note, it has something to do with instancing. If there were people on board the ship who logged out and then the ship's instance went away, that's problematic. It happened to our guild where the guild ship was simply not accessible until the next server restart. The following Tuesday server bounce fixed it so we went about 4 days with no ship.

I am experiencing some weird guild issues - I wonder if they might be related? For example, a guildless character on Satele Shan logged in to see the welcome message of one of my guilds on Darth Malgus. And another guildless character logged in to "12 online" in their "guild," which on hitting G just shows a F2P guild with no details but max bonuses.

:confused:

This isn't the guild ship going missing problem (which still exists). This happened tonight to our 2nd guild and a couple of weeks ago as well. The symptoms of this latest guild stronghold issue are:

• People with characters on the guild ship when they logged out can no longer log in, they just get a very long loading screen which eventually drops them back on the server select screen with a popup about server maintenance making their characters unavailable
  • People in-game and not on the guild ship are fine, until they decide to travel to the ship and then they get the same loading screen issue as above
  • The guild ship is still visible on the Stronghold panel
  • It affects everybody in the guild
  • The same temp fix for popping vanishing guild ships back does not help
  • You don't have to wait for a server reset as the issue usually resolves itself within an hour

It's frustrating as there is no indication of a problem until it happens and then there is nothing you can do about it. Characters are just totally locked out of usage. Once it happens to guild member's characters it reduces their trust in using the guild ship and stronghold in case this happens again.

Hopefully Bioware will fix this new bug and the original guild ship/stronghold going vanishing problem before they release the new Rishi PvP stronghold :rolleyes:

I reported a similar issue with Yavin 4.

I logged out of Yavin 4 and now I can no longer log in with that character.

I filed a bug report and opened a ticket, nothing. No reply from devs.

Edited by joxer

This isn't the guild ship going missing problem (which still exists). This happened tonight to our 2nd guild and a couple of weeks ago as well. The symptoms of this latest guild stronghold issue are:

• People with characters on the guild ship when they logged out can no longer log in, they just get a very long loading screen which eventually drops them back on the server select screen with a popup about server maintenance making their characters unavailable
  • People in-game and not on the guild ship are fine, until they decide to travel to the ship and then they get the same loading screen issue as above
  • The guild ship is still visible on the Stronghold panel
  • It affects everybody in the guild
  • The same temp fix for popping vanishing guild ships back does not help
  • You don't have to wait for a server reset as the issue usually resolves itself within an hour

It's frustrating as there is no indication of a problem until it happens and then there is nothing you can do about it. Characters are just totally locked out of usage. Once it happens to guild member's characters it reduces their trust in using the guild ship and stronghold in case this happens again.

Hopefully Bioware will fix this new bug and the original guild ship/stronghold going vanishing problem before they release the new Rishi PvP stronghold :rolleyes:

This is a bit unsettling. If I understand what your saying is right and this issue has been going on for a couple weeks now then I have to ask why hasn’t it been addressed as an issue yet?

The same issues are being reported on the test server, so what ever is going on doesn't seem to have a fix in the works at all.

This doesn’t look good. I’m really starting to fear that this game has become a money grab and the end is closer then I thought, laugh all you want but when devs ignore issues such as this then it’s doing nothing to reassure me otherwise.

Edited by joxer

This is a bit unsettling. If I understand what your saying is right and this issue has been going on for a couple weeks now then I have to ask why hasn’t it been addressed as an issue yet?

The same issues are being reported on the test server, so what ever is going on doesn't seem to have a fix in the works at all.

This doesn’t look good. I’m really starting to fear that this game has become a money grab and the end is closer then I thought, laugh all you want but when devs ignore issues such as this then it’s doing nothing to reassure me otherwise.

No one is laughing. But you are overreacting. There are bugs in this game that have been here for nearly 7 years without being fixed. It has never been a sign of the end of the game, even though people like you have been predicting the end since day 2 of this game. You don't do yourself or any of the others who are overly nervous people around here (folks call them Chicken Little... "the sky is falling!") when everything that happens in the game means the end.

Is it a good thing that it's happening and not being fixed? Of course not. But it does not mean the end is closer than it would be otherwise. It just means that it hasn't been fixed. There are bugs that weren't being fixed when the game was 2 months old and had a larger development team than it has had in the rest of the game's history. It just means something is broken. That's all. Don't make it into something it's not. Report bugs so that they can potentially be fixed, and for your own sanity (and others) don't use them as some sort of barometer of the game's health. They have never been that.

I don't say this to try to be rude, mind you. But seriously to point out that predicting doom based on bugs has yet to be correct and just makes you and everyone else who is ready to see doom everywhere unnecessarily worried.

When you worry like that, you're wasting your emotional energy and you've either suffered twice (when you worried and the bad thing came to pass anyway - because worrying won't solve it), or you've worried for nothing because whatever you were worried about never came to pass at all.