After Crisis of Umbara...?

BellumEstBellum

Indeed. I guess her VA is cheap to retain.

Also, remember that a lot of VA's have entered "Death Limbo" on a lot of the characters they voice. Their voice output goes way down (to new environmental lines) after their character dies. So since Lana hasn't hit that point yet, she's going to get more voice work.

As cheap as this crew is, Theron is probably going to enter death limbo soon.

Also, remember that a lot of VA's have entered "Death Limbo" on a lot of the characters they voice. Their voice output goes way down (to new environmental lines) after their character dies. So since Lana hasn't hit that point yet, she's going to get more voice work.

As cheap as this crew is, Theron is probably going to enter death limbo soon.

This exactly. It happened with Vette, Torian, Jorgan, Kaliyo, and Koth. I feel like they're bringing companions back just to get people to shut up about it and then give one by one a kill choice so they can write them out of the story aside from combat barks. :/

After going through Iokath and Umbara again...I actually feel more hopeful about this. Yes, he could be headed for the kill/save limbo, but IMHO they are really investing so much time in this that it's going to end up turning out differently. Of course I don't want either him or Lana in kill/save limbo, so there's wishful thinking there, but I do think that this might end up being different.

I'm still of the *hopeful* opinion that Theron's character is just too big and his voice actor is just to large to turn him into a paperweight. We'll never know until we get more info on where they're going with this.

Remember that Mr. Baker voices multiple characters. If they turn Theron into a paperweight, they still have the rebel.

Remember that Mr. Baker voices multiple characters. If they turn Theron into a paperweight, they still have the rebel.

That doesn't really mean much. Andronikos' voice actor voices TONS of characters, and we know he's likely going to be a paperweight when he comes back, just like the other romances (except for Torian and Vette, but they're paperweights now too).

I just think Theron is different. He's always been a huge character, bigger than any other NPC because of his backstory media. I always had the suspicion that he had a bigger part to play. I don't know if they'll get around it by not offering a "kill" option or what, but I just don't see him being relegated to paperweight status unless they plan to do it to Lana too. It's always been "Lana and Theron" as alternates if you didn't have other companions to fill the holes (like if you kill Arcann and Senya). It can't just be the Lana show from here on out.

I just think Theron is different. He's always been a huge character, bigger than any other NPC because of his backstory media. I always had the suspicion that he had a bigger part to play. I don't know if they'll get around it by not offering a "kill" option or what, but I just don't see him being relegated to paperweight status unless they plan to do it to Lana too. It's always been "Lana and Theron" as alternates if you didn't have other companions to fill the holes (like if you kill Arcann and Senya). It can't just be the Lana show from here on out.

Maybe we'll end up in a situation at the end of this "The Order" stuff where we have to chose between saving Lana or Theron? Then people who dislike Theron and those who dislike Lana are both happy and we're not just left with the Lana or Theron show because they can both be "killed off." Gosh that sounds depressing, hope nothing like this actually happens.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Maybe we'll end up in a situation at the end of this "The Order" stuff where we have to chose between saving Lana or Theron? Then people who dislike Theron and those who dislike Lana are both happy and we're not just left with the Lana or Theron show because they can both be "killed off." Gosh that sounds depressing, hope nothing like this actually happens.

I wouldn't put that past the writers, in all honesty. Lana's shown she will sacrifice herself for the Commander, and I could easily see them scripting a situation where you have to choose between saving her or Theron.

I hope that never happens, though. Much in the same way I hope there's always at least an option to have them continue as vital parts of the story, if you choose it. In the end of KOTET your choices dictated who ran that content with you and played a major role in the story - neither set of characters was cast aside. I hope we'll see that continue.

Lana is the least Sithy Sith I've ever seen. Even when she loses her temper she doesn't get violent, or even really mad.

I don't like her much. Seems kind of flat and emotionless, the exact opposite of what I'd see a Sith as.

Vette is bubbly and fun. I have a really hard time seeing her with s DS SW, but shes great with a LS SW.

Lana is the least Sithy Sith I've ever seen. Even when she loses her temper she doesn't get violent, or even really mad.

I don't like her much. Seems kind of flat and emotionless, the exact opposite of what I'd see a Sith as.

Vette is bubbly and fun. I have a really hard time seeing her with s DS SW, but shes great with a LS SW.

Interestingly enough, now that she is "customizable" in regard to her apparel - if you <as an Imperial player> put sithy type clothes (the drops that used to be around) they don't stay sithy. They look jedi-ish. (which is a complaint that rep players that wanted to dress up Scourge like an authentic Sith complained about as well, its from the "old style" pre cartel market type drops that used to conform to the players alignment instead of how you wanted it to - EXCEPT its reverse for her.

I just want her to look like a Sith, dang it!

:mad:

I'm still impatiently waiting breathless excitement to see the next part of the story. I am not upset about the current story arc at all, I just dread the ending if it's handled poorly but it is possible we are a good full RL year away from seeing the end. Unless they rush the arc obviously, like they have with everything else...

Interestingly enough, now that she is "customizable" in regard to her apparel - if you <as an Imperial player> put sithy type clothes (the drops that used to be around) they don't stay sithy. They look jedi-ish. (which is a complaint that rep players that wanted to dress up Scourge like an authentic Sith complained about as well, its from the "old style" pre cartel market type drops that used to conform to the players alignment instead of how you wanted it to - EXCEPT its reverse for her.

I just want her to look like a Sith, dang it!

:mad:

And Theron wears the Imperial versions of said outfits. Unlike some, I don't think they "messed up the code" I think it was intentional since it affects both, so sadly to get her sithy you need to use outfits that don't change their style/side-dependant. I'm okay with doing this, but some of the old stuff looks awesome too.

I agree with your opinion of Lana. As for Vette, I think they wanted to create that feeling of Malgus and Elena(?) Daru. They even look similar.:)

That doesn't really mean much. Andronikos' voice actor voices TONS of characters, and we know he's likely going to be a paperweight when he comes back, just like the other romances (except for Torian and Vette, but they're paperweights now too).

I mean, isn't it also possible that we might get a replacement. I have only done the FP once, so I don't know whether it is a "set" traitor, but who knows, we might actually meet someone new?

But I have to hand it to Bioware, I totally didn't see it coming, and they have thrown my lil' teenage scrapper into a black hole she won't be able to climb out of. She won't ever be able to trust anyone again, save for her OC wookie companion.

For headcanon-wise (her story) she's really hurting.

I mean, isn't it also possible that we might get a replacement. I have only done the FP once, so I don't know whether it is a "set" traitor, but who knows, we might actually meet someone new?

But I have to hand it to Bioware, I totally didn't see it coming, and they have thrown my lil' teenage scrapper into a black hole she won't be able to climb out of. She won't ever be able to trust anyone again, save for her OC wookie companion.

For headcanon-wise (her story) she's really hurting.

Have you read 'Annihilation' and 'The Lost Suns?' If not, I highly recommend doing so, because it will give you loads more insight into Theron's character, probably more than anything you'll see in-game.

If you're having doubts about his character coming back, think about one key mechanic - romance options and choice. Many players, including the obscenely high number of female Sith Warriors, have already had to choose him over their past romances, and in the case of the Sith Warrior, that choice just happened. I can't see BioWare forcing those choices and then taking away the romance and laughing in our faces like, "Ha, you stoops, you should have never picked him! We were going to take him away from you all along!" *mustache twirl*

Yeah, players could have lost Koth or Dorne, but those losses come about from choices made in-game. With Theron, we have no choice...it happens no matter what we do. That's what makes me pretty confident that he's coming back.

He's their poster-boy, for sure. I was browsing the Cartel market last night and had to chuckle at the example images used for the name-change tokens. Take a look, lol.

Edited by Dracofish

Have you read 'Annihilation' and 'The Lost Suns?' If not, I highly recommend doing so, because it will give you loads more insight into Theron's character, probably more than anything you'll see in-game.

If you're having doubts about his character coming back, think about one key mechanic - romance options and choice. Many players, including the obscenely high number of female Sith Warriors, have already had to choose him over their past romances, and in the case of the Sith Warrior, that choice just happened. I can't see BioWare forcing those choices and then taking away the romance and laughing in our faces like, "Ha, you stoops, you should have never picked him! We were going to take him away from you all along!" *mustache twirl*

Yeah, players could have lost Koth or Dorne, but those losses come about from choices made in-game. With Theron, we have no choice...it happens no matter what we do. That's what makes me pretty confident that he's coming back.

He's their poster-boy, for sure. I was browsing the Cartel market last night and had to chuckle at the example images used for the name-change tokens. Take a look, lol.

Oh, awesome, I'l definitely check out those books!

I guess I'm different then, because I too romanced Theron. I at least hope we have the option to kill him. If it builds her character development (if only in my headcanon) then I don't care what Bio do, they could do the most dastardly thing ahah. But after his betrayal it kinda broke her, and now she's in such a deep black hole that she can't climb out. She officially isn't going to be trusting anyone ever again. Well except for maybe Kitaddik, (Bowdaar that I renamed for useage in-game rp lol) She would probably shoot Theron just because she's hurting too much, and not exactly know what she had done. :p

Oh, awesome, I'l definitely check out those books!

I guess I'm different then, because I too romanced Theron. I at least hope we have the option to kill him. If it builds her character development (if only in my headcanon) then I don't care what Bio do, they could do the most dastardly thing ahah. But after his betrayal it kinda broke her, and now she's in such a deep black hole that she can't climb out. She officially isn't going to be trusting anyone ever again. Well except for maybe Kitaddik, (Bowdaar that I renamed for useage in-game rp lol) She would probably shoot Theron just because she's hurting too much, and not exactly know what she had done. :p

My main character is a very pragmatic Darth Nox. She's definitely Sith, and she sits around Dark 1 - 2, but for the most part Theron has always approved of her actions. She didn't want the throne because she believes in a ruling Council, and has seen that time and again, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I haven't gone through the flashpoint with her yet because I want to see where the arc takes us before making any decisions with her, but based on what I've seen on my two test characters (a Republic-aligned Peacekeeper Knight and an Empire-aligned Empress Warrior), I envision my Nox being hit in the gut...at first. But, I think after the dust settles and she's had a day or so to dwell on it, the wheels in her head are going to start turning, and she's going to realize that things aren't adding up.

The Inquisitor is an amazingly interesting character to play against Theron. She's a member of the Dark Council. Theron is an operative who is directly responsible for the deaths of two members of that same Dark Council (read the book/comics!). He's always hated the Empire, and has seen the worst it has to offer. Then he meets a certain Dark Lord and his world is turned upside down because she's nothing like what he expected. How could a slave overcome so much adversity to become a leader of the very people who kept her chained? A people that she refuses to turn her back on despite everything she went through? Suddenly, he's questioning everything he's believed in. Is the Republic all that much different? Any better? Would he fight for his people just as fiercely if he had been born in a different part of the galaxy? He falls. Hard.

Then there's the mental stuff. Theron has abandonment issues, and I'd venture to say, codependent tendencies. He's been thrown away time and time again and once he meets that one person, he's so afraid of losing her that he'd be willing to do anything, even if its to his own peril. Again, read the book/comics! The Inquisitor was a slave, likely subjected to the worst things you could possibly think one person is capable of inflicting upon another. Then she goes from slavery and gets thrown into a pit of vipers in a "kill or be killed" situation. She's forced to become Sith or die. For almost her entire life, she'd only served as a tool to be wielded by others. Even as a member of the Dark Council, she still serves. And perhaps through all of it, she has her own unhealthy set of trust issues, that it might be hard for her to accept that she deserves to love and be loved in return. There are a lot of deep-seeded issues these two have to work through together.

The point I'm trying to make here through my rambling is that my Nox knows his past. She knows that his hands are as dirty as hers, and his kill count could very well be higher. She knows that he often makes decisions with his heart rather than his head, and she knows that his method of operation has always been to do things on his own. And with his skill set, he is capable of going deep undercover to get the job done. She's going to hear the "I'd do ANYTHING to keep you safe" in her head and start to wonder if he was trying to tell her something. She'd replay through the train ride from hell and notice that everything he said made no sense, and that the look in his eyes was saying something completely different. Then she'd remember that the shot he made was a stun round and that he very obviously provided her with a means of escape. Why, unless he was most definitely trying to NOT kill her? Lastly, the crystals. He said he had been there to steal them, but he left them behind...just enough to ensure that the Alliance would have the resources to secure Iokath. Again, why?

Sadly, until we get more information, we can't know for sure where BioWare is going with this. But I hope that puts into perspective where my character's head is up to that point.

And again, sorry for my rambling. I love my Nox and I went a little overboard on her backstory, which turned into a fanfic, lol.

Edited by Dracofish

• 2 weeks later...

I have to wonder why I don't see anyone asking about when the next story update is? So I'm asking. I'm sure I won't get an answer, but this is really beginning to annoy me. I don't need a date cast in stone, as I am sure that is not possible right now. But I really would like to know at the very least just what time frame you are shooting for? If we are looking at next year, yes I'll be upset, but at least I can stop feeling disappointed every day when there is still no news at all.

I know you are focusing more now on other things besides story, but from my perspective it almost feels like story has been shoved under the rug, to be given a lower priority over everything else. Equal footing would be nice. But all I see from the devs are posts about class changes, etc. Is that really all you can talk about at one time?:confused:

I have to wonder why I don't see anyone asking about when the next story update is? So I'm asking. I'm sure I won't get an answer, but this is really beginning to annoy me. I don't need a date cast in stone, as I am sure that is not possible right now. But I really would like to know at the very least just what time frame you are shooting for? If we are looking at next year, yes I'll be upset, but at least I can stop feeling disappointed every day when there is still no news at all.

I know you are focusing more now on other things besides story, but from my perspective it almost feels like story has been shoved under the rug, to be given a lower priority over everything else. Equal footing would be nice. But all I see from the devs are posts about class changes, etc. Is that really all you can talk about at one time?:confused:

My thoughts exactly. I pop into the forum at least once a day just looking for an update on when we can expect the road map. Getting annoyed....

My thoughts exactly. I pop into the forum at least once a day just looking for an update on when we can expect the road map. Getting annoyed....

Good news! Keith himself dropped by to update us about the update earlier. 6th October before the servers go offline for another 12 hours on the 10th.