I'm done.

Knifetwister

I'm not going to continue subjecting myself to the misery that is BG pug PvP.

Grim Determination has completely ruined 50 warzones for those of us who prefer to stay away from unrated PvP. I can't go into a game without running into one of their premades. I have tried playing at 9am. I have tried playing at midnight, 3am, noon, etc. Every time of day, there is a GD premade going on at some point, and my win/loss ratio is around 1/16. Since all I do is PvP, this means that I log on to get my *** handed to me over and over again by the same players all day long. Being a sage seer against GDs smash-monkey-stacking premades means my lifespan is mere seconds.

I have given it a solid 2 weeks of heavy PvP since hitting 50, ranking up to about 58 in that time. Gearing up in this environment has been the worst experience of the last 15 years of my gaming life. I'm slightly bummed about leaving the BG community as a whole because I've met some great and helpful people here, but PvP is my preferred game, and I cannot continue getting bullied by Grim Determination in pug warzones any longer. So it's time to switch servers.

Grim, I don't personally know any of you, and I'm sure some of you are actually decent people irl. But the abuse that you dump on pug PvPers only fills me with disgust and disdain for everyone under the GD tag. Please know that there are people whom you are driving away from PvP, the server and maybe even the game due to your 'griefing' of pug wzs.

It's taken every ounce of self control to not make an imp toon and start cursing out every member of the guild. That's how frustrated I am. So I'm bowing out. To my fellow solo puggers, I wish you luck and hope you have a greater tolerance for sustained abuse than I do. :(

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just depends what time you que. You can't blame an entire guild for wanting to PvP with each other. Join a Heavy populated pub guild and que with them. I'm an imp and I think 90% of pub population are really cool people. Also if you are having particular problems with rage players learn to counter them.

1.) stun after force choke ends

2.) use slows

3.) cleanse force crush

4.) don't stand in clusters

As a seer sage you shouldn't have a problem with them. You can cleanse their shock wave builder and you can force speed away when they go to smash

I'm not in Grim but I am friends with everyone in there and know there good guys

Edited by Riggz

If this was only a problem with certain classes, I wouldn't have posted anything. I spent the entirety of both the leveling and gearing processes fighting off the bazillions of smash monkeys in wzs. I can fend off one, maybe two geared warrior types long enough to escape or get help. I can handle class imbalances, such is part of PvP in just about every game one can play.

The problem is queuing for random warzones over and over, and getting put up against the same class-stacking premade teams over and over. I don't know if there's just not enough imps queuing up to allow for some other makeups to happen, or what. But it's gotten to the point where I just go in expecting to lose, and that's never an attitude I've had in any game I've played. As long as there's been a chance to win, on a reasonably balanced playing field, I'm happy. Such is not the case here.

And I prefer to play solo. The people I played with at launch have since left for other games, and I now simply enjoy not being in a guild. I certainly don't want to feel obligated to join a guild or dedicated premade just to have a half-chance at not losing quite as hard as normal.

*edit* I certainly don't want to start arguments or anything like that, so that's the last I'll say on the subject. I simply felt it necessary to throw this out there, since it seems like most of us solo puggers don't bother to speak up against things like this. If they aren't aware of the way they are viewed by some of us, they should be, because they have a huge impact on BG 50 PvP.

Edited by Knifetwister

Just out of curiosity what is the name of your Toon?

Also IMO it's going to be the same on any server you go to unless you get into a good guild. There will always be a few great PvP guilds that queues together and kills pug groups. So I think you would be better off finding a good guild and then queuing with them. =]

you know TBH lately its been bad lately on the pub side... but two weeks ago .. .it was all PUB all the time wins before 1.6 dropped... so I mean giving it two weeks is kinda meh...it always flip flops on whos kicking butt in pvp

I like to solo que as well... but I have learned that MMO's sometimes that is just not an option if your are looking to farm wins...if you want go just to enjoy yourself and winning is part of that equation you need to change you inner dialog because this is an MMO..

Win together, Lose alone

Edited by hulcalan

When it comes down to PVP, there are bad days where you get rolled every match and there's good days where you can't seem to lose. Even though I'm in a PVP guild, most of the time I solo que and my win/loss ratio is about even.

If you think your first 2 weeks of PVP are an example of how it will always be, you're mistaken. You say you don't want to augment, but the gear grind is something everybody had to do (including those premades that are beating on you... don't think they started out in full min/maxed BiS augmented gear), and it's significantly easier than it was before with the removal of battlemaster. But gear isn't the only difference you're noticing. The difficulty from lowbie to 50 is a huge step up, and even though you may have been dominating in lowbie you'll find you still have a ton to learn. I'm at valor 85 and I'm still learning.

Hey, what is the name of your character?

Regarding the GD premades I notice it too, and I frown upon it a lot. I'm really good friends with a large amount of GD, and on occasion against my better will I go over and complain to some of the people I'm closest with in that guild. I haven't been PvPing much lately, as I'm alting a lot at this time, I PvP a lot. 2 Conqs, a war hero, and 2 battlemasters. (My guardian is really close to warlord) So I know what the grind was like. 4/5 of my 50's were Grinding the gear from full recruit, 2 of them from old centurion gear. ;) All I'm saying, is 2 weeks is no way to judge your experience. Join up with a PvP guild, groups are the best solution to these premades GD runs. I'll set one up, or join another and I won't lose anymore. Getting noticed is something big on this server, but when you do It's quite nice because you're grouped a lot. I'm a hypocrite by saying that, because I really don't like premades, but I do it all the time. So yeah, to sum it all up just Keep on truckin'. PvP is very shifty, do what you can to go with the flow.

Contrary to the popular believe, Grim isn't plotting and scheming to get double premades every warzone. We just have a semi-large guild, and just so happens we're very pvp oriented. People are running queues all hours of the day and night generally. There is no reason for GD people to queue alone when we have people to queue with. You wouldn't queue alone if you had a guild that PVPed with you either. Stop bashing people for nonsensical reasons.

Grim gets tired of being face rolled by ASB in ranked. As they say, hurting people hurt people. :p But I've never had an issue with their premades in the pres so speak for yourself. We've even beaten their 6-8 mans with pugs before. Just the other day we forced their little premade to give up and camp a node, when there was still time to turn around the match. You must be getting grouped with the wrong people is all I can say. I usually solo queue as well.

They usually roll smashbombers and healers in their premades. (Their maras don't usually do well in the other specs) We in turn go smash Bomber to fight fire with fire. They don't do so well. :p With decent pugs it is pretty easy to beat their little premades. With the terrible pugs in leveling greens that have been showing up lately, they probably won't even beat an imp pug let alone a premade. ;)

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Sorry to see you go. The way matchmaking goes, it usually puts PUGs against PUGs and premades against premades. I can see a few reasons why this may have happened:

1) There were not enough people on, so it put a full pug against a GD premade.

2) It matched you (solo) plus a republic premade against a GD premade and 4 pugs, and the pub Premade didn't do so well.

3) Grim had people solo queue, and it put them in the same warzone.

A lot of people never think about number 3. It happens to me a lot, putting me in a group of guildies when I'm solo queueing, and I can imagine it happens ten times as much with Grim, since they are much bigger than my guild. A lot of people think it's malicious, but it's just a guild tag, and often times they aren't even on a voice chat, just trying to have fun the same as anyone else.

I think your best bet is finding some good friends to group up with, or playing other characters. PvP on Begeren Colony is nicer than other places, I've heard.

I have noticed that GD has been in more and more warzones statistically. But it's not really their fault. They are a pretty big guild in Imperial side Begeren Colony, so of course they will que up together. I mean, wouldn't you if you had a guild to PVP with? You may not like the guild-to-premade aspect, but the game is a lot better, especially in warzones, with a group of people you know and trust with the assistance of voice communication.

EDIT: I do know how ya feel. I sometimes solo que as well hoping to get into a good team myself. Lady luck doesn't seem to like us sometimes. I still think you should give it more than 2 weeks. Like previously stated, it's not always going to be against premades, and you may even learn techniques to defend yourself. Maybe duel a Rage/Focus spec player to help you?

Edited by Graciel

Well, joining a guild isn't really a good idea right now anyways, I'm taking a leave of absence for military stuffs mid January, and will be gone for several months. So this solo player will stay a solo player.

The thought of leveling yet another toon (my seer is #4, but my only actively played) is not a pleasant one at this point. My only other real option is to stop healing and go back to dps in hopes that I won't get focused so badly. I started healing at 50 when my gear was crap because I couldn't even make a dent in anyones health pool. I still have the WH earpiece and 1 implant to go, then need to farm up the creds to augment everything, but the gear discrepancy isn't the big issue at this point.

Respectfully, I will keep the name of my char to myself for now, so as to avoid further targeting. I know some of you will offer helpful advice, which I would welcome, but there are always people who like to target and bully. I'd like to avoid that until I can take a punch or two. Conversely, I do not want sympathy play either, like people avoiding me in wzs, things like that.

But I appreciate the positive posts, the big thing that kept me here was community and how it stands out from those in other games in the feedback>trolling, so thank you for that.

Edited by Knifetwister

I have noticed that GD has been in more and more warzones statistically. But it's not really their fault. They are a pretty big guild in Imperial side Begeren Colony, so of course they will que up together. I mean, wouldn't you if you had a guild to PVP with? You may not like the guild-to-premade aspect, but the game is a lot better, especially in warzones, with a group of people you know and trust with the assistance of voice communication.

EDIT: I do know how ya feel. I sometimes solo que as well hoping to get into a good team myself. Lady luck doesn't seem to like us sometimes. I still think you should give it more than 2 weeks. Like previously stated, it's not always going to be against premades, and you may even learn techniques to defend yourself. Maybe duel a Rage/Focus spec player to help you?

Lol it's not one rage spec that's the issue. Alone they're easy. As Cons always points out in his streams, they travel in groups of rage maras/juggs with pocket healers. Good luck with that. :p

The best PvP'ers are pub side... Lol

No kidding. He must not be playing the same begeren colony we are. :p

Edited by PoliteAssasin

YOURE A HEALER! ... dude when my guardian gets to 50 me and you should pvp together :D

hulc's gaurd = never die :D

*grabs*

You

are

MINE!

:)

To the OP:

I wish I could offer you advice. I know the particular group you are speaking of and honestly when I solo que I don't last very long either and I'm fully geared out. Look, If you are a healer and you are a sage, this server has been well trained to not leave those alone. And they have had a lot of practice on how to shut us down. :) I was just crying in pvp ops chat earlier on a fellow sage healer. It hurts but keep fighting the good fight... it's that or go smug heals. *comfort hugs*

P.S. I don't think you are going to find it much different on other servers. They all have smash bombers/premade groups... and since everyone thinks sages are the squishiest and flash big dps crit numbers when hit, they tend to get targeted first... sad but true.

First of all, sorry to hear this. Judging by the forums(not just from this server,) there seems to be quite a lot of frustration between players that commonly play in groups and those that don't. Solo players disliking the dominance of groups, and groups feeling the need to always group to avoid the unreliable solo players. If more of the stronger imperial pvpers were split into smaller guilds, I think we'd be having close to the same problem. The guild tags would have more variety, but the problem would still persist as long as players had fun teaming up.

Players that reach out to other players and are decent, can make friends and find groups. A guild isn't a requirement to find other players for those who don't want to join one. I highly encourage everyone to do that, not because I am forcing my own thoughts on anyone, but it can really make a difference in your own enjoyment. Sometimes I queue up solo, and all is well. Other times I queue solo and before the next match I will scramble to bring some other players with me so I don't get stomped, it just is the nature of the beast right now, and friends in warzones make a big difference.

Everyone looks for something to blame. I sometimes resent the amount of it laid on Grim, but then again, that is also the beast's nature.

The best PvP'ers are pub side... Lol

Doesn't matter when you have a small pool of talent drowning in bads.

I don't pvp on my 50 tank so i don't know how that bracket is yet, but my shadow I am working on has to compensate for players 20-30 levels above my level 15 becuase they suck harder then a hoover.

If it's different in the 50 bracket that is good to hear, the pre-50 bracket is pretty bad with a few exceptions.

Edited by Larce_Apollo