70 kill score for 12v12 TDM?

NeverEvar

I mostly do not think so?

A game that goes to something like 50/48 is usually pretty close to the buzzer. It's probably close to the dev goal for the longer end of a GSF game as well. A game that goes like 50/10 is often a shorter one, and making a less balanced game take longer isn't really a great goal.

In the really good recent Bad Feelings Podcast, they go over a goal to shrink the average warzone length to better meet player expectations. GSF didn't get brought up on that topic, but it seems to me like GSF lengths are usually about correct, assuming they same the same goals as warzones.

I feel like all the modes are well balanced so far as time is involved. Going to 70 would just lead to a higher gank count for those matches that get out of hand. I have had matches where I had to suicide to refill my missiles, that we won 50-11 or something, having it go to 70 wouldn't have helped anybody.

I have had matches where I had to suicide to refill my missiles, that we won 50-11 or something, having it go to 70 wouldn't have helped anybody.

I recommend you seek powerups instead of suicide.

1)- If you suicide, you give the enemy a point, at no cost to them.

2)- If you go looking for a yellow and get ganked, an enemy had to come find you and that is a cost to the enemy team. This is your worst case scenario, and it is better than getting ganked.

3)- If you go looking for a yellow and find a purple, you are in much better shape.

4)- If you go looking for a yellow and find a red, you probably don't need missiles for a little bit anyway.

5)- If you go looking for a yellow and find a yellow, you'll be back in the game with minimum loss of time, and you didn't give the enemy score.

• 2 weeks later...
70 kills hmm that would be interesting, maybe experiment on certain maps before implementing it. I think it might be a bit too high for the iokath map as TDMs seem to take longer on that map in my experience. If TDM were changed to 70 maybe implement a skunk rule, where when the kill margin gets to 35 kill difference the match is done. That would address those lopsided matches others have mentioned.

I just don't see the point.

It's rare to see a game where both teams have scores that are racing up. Normally that happens when there are food ships on both sides who simply will not stay back and finish the match with 0-3-12 and sub 10k damage. I don't think it's worth making more games go to time just for creating a slightly more compelling experience for the pilots in that match, at the expense of the foodships.

• 2 weeks later...
I recommend you seek powerups instead of suicide.

It is MUCH more beneficial to suicide. While a Strike Fighter without missiles'n torps are still over-powered, one that is fully loaded is even more of a wrecking ball that can very much single-handedly carry the game for their team. Demolish the enemy with all your missiles, suicide, respawn, and hence almost immediately go back to demolishing the enemy. Even a Strike Fighter without missiles would give the enemy leeway. You don't want that. Best to just keep yourself fully stocked. Not that is it necessary if the match is purely one-sided, but just saying. Missiles > more valuable than anything else in a match. Don't underestimate the idiotic buff to missiles last patch.

It is MUCH more beneficial to suicide. While a Strike Fighter without missiles'n torps are still over-powered, one that is fully loaded is even more of a wrecking ball that can very much single-handedly carry the game for their team. Demolish the enemy with all your missiles, suicide, respawn, and hence almost immediately go back to demolishing the enemy. Even a Strike Fighter without missiles would give the enemy leeway. You don't want that. Best to just keep yourself fully stocked. Not that is it necessary if the match is purely one-sided, but just saying. Missiles > more valuable than anything else in a match. Don't underestimate the idiotic buff to missiles last patch.

What he meant be his comment about it's much better to look for Powerup's, is the Yellow powerup fully restocks your ammo. He's saying it's much better to go get a yellow powerup, then suicide for more missiles. So when your getting low on missiles, start looking for a yellow as your killing to restock ammo.