Good guilds still accused of hacks

Spliffy-TreesOG

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be Ops chat, not general bud. Also those are the same 8 people that are in the process of being rolled with you. Still also want to point out that you have the option of downloading a free version of fraps and recording this for the world to see. And after all, according to all the accusers, hacking is so wide spread it should only take a few games to get your video evidence.

It was in general chat and it was in PvP...

It was in general chat and it was in PvP...

"according to all the accusers, hacking is so wide spread"

just telling you one experience in PvP...hacking does exist and it does exist on Harbinger. BW would not have put up that big announcement if there wasn't hacking...

I am not a great PvPer by any means...I do it enough to understand when someone is playing better than the game mechanics allow. In the PvP I was in a scoundrel was moving very fast...faster than talents/ game mecahnics would allow. I mentioned in chat that he was moving fast....multiple people already knew his name and guild and were not surprised. take that for what you will.

just telling you one experience in PvP...hacking does exist and it does exist on Harbinger. BW would not have put up that big announcement if there wasn't hacking...

I am not a great PvPer by any means...I do it enough to understand when someone is playing better than the game mechanics allow. In the PvP I was in a scoundrel was moving very fast...faster than talents/ game mecahnics would allow. I mentioned in chat that he was moving fast....multiple people already knew his name and guild and were not surprised. take that for what you will.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/7wNhD7I/dirty-escape

Jus sayin...

No one is disputing the fact that some people hack.

What they are saying is that to go around calling this person or that person a hacker, or even worse, to accuse an entire GUILD of hacking without any proof is just plain stupid.

Maybe that'll clear it up for ya...reading comprehension and all of that. :)

Futhermore, if you ran across someone who was so egregiously hacking that "everyone" knew about it, and you were so offended by that "hacker's" actions, I would think you'd take steps to prove your case instead of spouting off a bunch of heresay.

I personally wouldn't put much stock in something "everybody" claims is true. Most people are dumb. True story.

I thought I would step in here for a moment and clarify a few things. I'm Vox_mortis over at DH, and obviously there's been a very strong reaction to the comments made in the most recent PvP column; specifically, saying that I'm accusing certain players or guilds of hacking without adequate proof. First, let me quote myself from the comments section:

"I've experienced issues with some of the same groups that you're reporting, so don't worry, you're not alone."

In general, this comment was meant to say that I've encountered groups of hackers while PvP'ing, back when the game first came out, all the way up to the big server merges. This comment wasn't specifically leveled at any person or guild, but more in a general sense of "Yes, there are hackers, I've encountered them myself, so don't worry." Now, moving on from that, I did not call out any specific guild. Period. I did not name Covenant, or Cookies, or Goof Troop for that matter. Do I have opinions on the matter? Yes; but I didn't use that post or the comments section in any specific way to put those guilds out there like that. My comment was vague, and intentionally so. So for any of those guild members that felt slighted by my attempts to respond in kind to a reader, you have my apologies.

So, in closing, I would like to solidify the point that while I believe there are hackers in the game, I do not have any specific proof aside from the collective experience of several players besides myself. The comment that one person made about asking in general and receiving responses of "Oh yeah, they hack" isn't entirely invalid, nor is it proof. Players that lack the ability to perform in PvP often cannot comprehend how someone else was able to best them, and perhaps because of pride they will quickly accuse the other player of hacking. This happens in any online game, from CoD to WoW, and isn't anything new. Having said that, my apologies again to any specifically offended party.

"I've experienced issues with some of the same groups that you're reporting, so don't worry, you're not alone."

You responded to a post that specifically called those guilds out and said you had issues with the same groups. Honestly, what does that mean? Reading comprehension tells me that you claim to have experienced one or more of these groups hacking as well, as groups is being used as a synonym for guilds here and issues is only likely to refer to hacking, given the context. There is no other way to take it that doesn't make a giant assumption about what you mean by groups and issues.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

A player on hostile takeover thought infiltrate was a hack when 3 powetechs came out of stealth and pwned him

First of all let me apologize to you for someone in the guild calling you a hacker. I dont condone members of the guild throwing out hackusation because it is one of the lowest things you could call a PvPer and is down right insulting. Again I apologize because I know the trouble that it can cause, especially as of late as of late, and rest assure there will be NO more ignorant hackusations from this guild.

You responded to a post that specifically called those guilds out and said you had issues with the same groups. Honestly, what does that mean? Reading comprehension tells me that you claim to have experienced one or more of these groups hacking as well, as groups is being used as a synonym for guilds here and issues is only likely to refer to hacking, given the context. There is no other way to take it that doesn't make a giant assumption about what you mean by groups and issues.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Bingo.

Anyone who speaks English would think that you were accusing at lost some of the 4 guilds mentioned

After he named Army of Mon, Cov, Goof, and Haz Cookies

Your explanation is confusing and not very convincing, I assume you play on the Harbringer? What the hell kind of hacks are you seeing in our PVP in 50s?

As I'd said in my previous post, my intent was not to call out any specific guild, which I did not. The post that I replied to did, indeed, call those guilds out, but my comment was simply meant to imply that I had experienced something similar; whether or not any of the named guilds were involved was intentionally left blank, because I cannot provide specific proof on any of the instances that I've personally found suspicious.

Having said that, my opinion on the matter remains unchanged. I've done my best to apologize for ruffling feathers, but it is the opinion of many others that these things do occur. I stand by the fact that I've seen strange things myself, and while I don't have specific evidence of the hacking, that doesn't mean that it isn't happening.

I'm sorry that my explanation doesn't sit well with some of you, but that's the truth of it.; take from it what you will. Finally, let me say that in the future steps will be taken to censor such comments and discussion from ever appearing below an article in this fashion. Whether or not the accusations are true is a matter worthy of debate, but it doesn't belong in the comments section of an article.

You are a mod for darth hater and represent our game to all the interwebz. It would be nice if you wouldn't as a mod of that site spill out ********. This game has plenty of flaws but rampant hacking is not one of them

Irrelevant if you are accusing a specific group of people or the SWTOR population in general

Again I don't know if you play on the Harbringer. But if you do you should know there is basically no hacking going on our server in 50s. And I don't *********** appreciate mods from Darth Hater of all places bad mouthing our game so people don't want to even try our game or even just raiders being discouraged.

Just because the idiots at bioware decided to go and make a little notification on the launcher doesn't make it a good idea. The idea that you are getting smoked in 50's because of "hax" that "ruin your experience" is a joke.

This is a F2P game and I'm sure people are running around with lowbies speed hacking their asses off. But that's not what you implied with "The same kind of groups"* Edited it for u.

For the record I am not affiliated in any way with the aforementioned guilds besides pvping on the same server

Edited by Mookind

As I'd said in my previous post, my intent was not to call out any specific guild...Having said that, my opinion on the matter remains unchanged....I stand by the fact that I've seen strange things myself, and while I don't have specific evidence of the hacking, that doesn't mean that it isn't happening....take from it what you will. Finally, let me say that in the future steps will be taken to censor such comments and discussion from ever appearing below an article in this fashion.

So let me get this straight, you, a moderator of a swtor forum, believe that the guilds good enough to succeed in rated pvp in this game must all be hackers?

And seriously censoring me and Ajhure for defending our guilds from the trash like you going around slandering us on a public forum? Of course we are going to dispute that ****.

Edited by wqopreuiyt

So let me get this straight, you, a moderator of a swtor forum, believe that the guilds good enough to succeed in rated pvp in this game must all be hackers?

And seriously censoring me and Ajhure from defending our guilds from the trash like you going around slandering us on a public forum? Of course we are going to dispute that ****.

Not once did I say that "the guilds good enough to succeed in rated pvp in this game must all be hackers". I merely said that some instances of hacking are likely to have happened. Also, I haven't censored anyone on the subject yet. I merely said that in future articles, such discussions will not be allowed to take place in the comments section of an article.

To clarify, I intend to stop such accusations from being made in the comments section of articles in the future. I don't intend to censor any comments that have been made at present.

Edited by MokaSith

I thought I would step in here for a moment and clarify a few things. I'm Vox_mortis over at DH, and obviously there's been a very strong reaction to the comments made in the most recent PvP column; specifically, saying that I'm accusing certain players or guilds of hacking without adequate proof. First, let me quote myself from the comments section:

In general, this comment was meant to say that I've encountered groups of hackers while PvP'ing, back when the game first came out, all the way up to the big server merges. This comment wasn't specifically leveled at any person or guild, but more in a general sense of "Yes, there are hackers, I've encountered them myself, so don't worry." Now, moving on from that, I did not call out any specific guild. Period. I did not name Covenant, or Cookies, or Goof Troop for that matter. Do I have opinions on the matter? Yes; but I didn't use that post or the comments section in any specific way to put those guilds out there like that. My comment was vague, and intentionally so. So for any of those guild members that felt slighted by my attempts to respond in kind to a reader, you have my apologies.

So, in closing, I would like to solidify the point that while I believe there are hackers in the game, I do not have any specific proof aside from the collective experience of several players besides myself. The comment that one person made about asking in general and receiving responses of "Oh yeah, they hack" isn't entirely invalid, nor is it proof. Players that lack the ability to perform in PvP often cannot comprehend how someone else was able to best them, and perhaps because of pride they will quickly accuse the other player of hacking. This happens in any online game, from CoD to WoW, and isn't anything new. Having said that, my apologies again to any specifically offended party.

That just reinforces the reasoning why we got more people putting reports for people for hacking. The problem is that being vague justifies what people being doing about calling so called people hacks and reporting them.

Now your saying you dont have proof. Well thats just great, let's just put more conjecture on the BBQ and while your add it add some theorycraft as a side dish and just yell HACKITY HACK HACK.

Hey I know that all of the Republic are hackers because they have some way to find me wherever I am on the map. Cause I love putting random stuff up right?

I got to valor rank 100 back in April. I stopped doing ranked pvp (more like took a small break from the game) at 2500 rating. I have around 2,000 warzone wins on my main (Rokuthy). I probably have another 2,000 games played across various alts. So all in all I've probably been in 4500ish warzone matches from start to finish since the game was released (could even be more).

In all of that time, I've seen - two - instances of hacking ever. Two. And both of those instances were in the 1-49 bracket with no name characters.

On the flip side of that, I've been accused of hacking countless times. I've been reported (supposedly) countless times. I've been "caught on fraps" hacking countless times. So I must be a hacker. Every single time I've seen someone claim hacking is when they're getting completely dominated - be it killed repeatedly, or their team is just getting absolutely crushed in a wz. They have next to no knowledge of game mechanics, especially of classes other than their own.

To say hacking is rampant in this game is blatantly false. I can point you to many other games if you want to see rampant hacking.

While I hate to see a bunch of our good guilds on our server get bashed due to the new 50's with no experience i had heard rumors of goof troop (on their old server) hacking (though i have no proof and wasn't on their old server either.) but other than that i really haven't heard of any besides this...

Needless to say, if i see a premade of COV/Goof troop, i tend to chalk it up as a loss and just try to get as much healing as i can while being beaten to a pulp :-/

While I hate to see a bunch of our good guilds on our server get bashed due to the new 50's with no experience i had heard rumors of goof troop (on their old server) hacking (though i have no proof and wasn't on their old server either.) but other than that i really haven't heard of any besides this...

Needless to say, if i see a premade of COV/Goof troop, i tend to chalk it up as a loss and just try to get as much healing as i can while being beaten to a pulp :-/

So you play with the guys every day, you have never seen them hack. But because some derps that got stomped on their old server are still complaining about how bad they are it gives the obvious lies credence?

Seriously?

Edited by Mookind

So you play with the guys every day, you have never seen them hack. But because some derps that got stomped on their old server are still complaining about how bad they are it gives the obvious lies credence?

Seriously?[/quote/]

I guess me bringing it up could be considered being a credence, but i haven't witnessed any from them, so no i wouldn't say they hack. Me bringing it up is just saying that's the only time I've heard of one of them being accused of hacking, and even at that, that was a few months ago that i had heard that. Also the last time i had heard it.

I know of no one in Covenant who hacks. I have never seen any of us, or anyone in any of the "good" PvP guilds hack.

This game is a technical mess. So, if newer (or older) players cannot understand how players can apparently do funny looking things simply because the game is basically a piece of junk (from a technical standpoint), then they need help.

Just the other day we were playing a huttball where a player was apparently teleporting all over the place while laying down. We chalked it up to SWTOR being SWTOR because for a portion of the match he moved correctly. This is possibly what happened to Sorey. There is so much lag that anytime you are trying to pull, push, force speed, etc., you basically have to pray to the BW gods that you actually get where it says you are going on your screen.

It is truly remarkable where players will end up if they are trying to leap, get pulled, get pulled again. They can end up somewhere completely different than you expected them to.

The guy at DH needs to be removed as a mod for that kind of comment without ANY proof. And trying to skirt it now is a joke. Get over yourself. You are apparently no different than the fresh 50s who have no idea how the game works.

I have never seen instances of the "good" guilds hacking.

Edited by AltruisticRage