Best leveling spec?

Stevenhb

Hello there,

So I started shortly after launch and got up to like 27 or so but then I quit... I am coming back and was just curious with all the changes what is the best spec to go with for leveling? Thanks for the advice :)

the anni - skill tree (Juyo Form) has a lot of DOT's attacks, so with Quinn at your side, you can destroy your opponents and quinn will try to keep you alive.

I'm using that form now, altough a use the Shii-Cho form to lvl from 1 to 50. which is not bad either only on tough elite it can be a problem.

I tell this to every person I come across who asks that same question(and it's asked way too many times): The best spec for leveling, PvE, PvP, raiding, wiping your backside or whatever, is the one that's most comfortable for you. Each one has its own playstyle, and what may be the best for someone else, might not be the best for you. Comfortable playstyle and fun are what matter, along with a desire to learn and test things out, because you can't improve unless you try things out for yourself.

I hate to sound negative, but I think I'm about to. While you might tell everyone that, it doesn't actually HELP anyone or add anything to the discourse. Its like if you're trying to give advice on how to talk to women, and you offer up "just be yourself." Of the three choices, one must be more suited for solo leveling.

Hello there,

So I started shortly after launch and got up to like 27 or so but then I quit... I am coming back and was just curious with all the changes what is the best spec to go with for leveling? Thanks for the advice :)

It would help if you said what AC you were, as then those who have more xp with that AC can give you some tips.

Are you Juggernaut or Marauder?

Best leveling spec (in my opinion) for Marauder is Annihilation.... keep yourself geared in STR and Power gear, and Quinn in any gear that is an upgrade to Cunning (quest reward gear will suffice for him).

I don't have enough experience in playing a Juggernaut to say which is best for that class.

As far as easiest (I'm not sure about best) I'd say are Annihilation and Immortal. Immortal because, well, you're a tank. You can take a lot dmg and your HP doesn't drop too much (or too fast). Great for soloing Heroics and Elites/Champions. Rotating CD's helps reduce dmg greatly as well. Annihilation just has awesome self-healing that really synergize well with Quinn when attempting to take on Elites/Champions as well. It just adds more of a cushion for you to get the job done. Add to that 6 second interrupt and pointblank 12 second Charge, and you can lockdown casters better than any other spec in the game (Force Choke, Intimidating Roar, Force Camoflauge for offensive casts, Obfuscate for Snipers/Ravage, etc.). Edited by Eyesmindassassin

from the Jugg perspective,

Immortal - Tanking spec. works best with DPS companion (though if you use healing companion, you will be able to solo group stuff, fun challenge). DPS is low, but high mitigation. You depend on your companion allot for the extra DPS. A bit slower then the other two, but more flexible for making errors.

Vengeance - DPS build. focuses on more single target damage and DoT's. relatively high mitigation's for a DPS class. Probably the most common leveling spec (Immortal being second). At higher levels deals a ton of damage. most effective with a healing companion (though DPS companions can provide a fun challenge, and tank companions are a mix). Much higher DPS then Immortal, but squishier, more reliant on stuns and healing (via medpack or companion).

Rage - DPS spec. focuses around building a series of attacks into a large burst damage finisher. Damage is much burstier, focuses on AoE damage more then Vengeance. Not as common as Vengeance, but still definitely playable as a leveling spec. Same limitations as Vengeance.

Overall, my preferred leveling spec is Vengeance, but there's many others who like rage and Immortal. but if you were to pick most common for leveling, I'd say in order is Vengeance - Immortal - Rage. both Vengeance and Immortal are really close, though come patch 1.3 this gap may widen (immortal is losing close to 20% of their already low damage).

• 2 weeks later...
from the Jugg perspective,

Immortal - Tanking spec. works best with DPS companion (though if you use healing companion, you will be able to solo group stuff, fun challenge). DPS is low, but high mitigation. You depend on your companion allot for the extra DPS. A bit slower then the other two, but more flexible for making errors.

Vengeance - DPS build. focuses on more single target damage and DoT's. relatively high mitigation's for a DPS class. Probably the most common leveling spec (Immortal being second). At higher levels deals a ton of damage. most effective with a healing companion (though DPS companions can provide a fun challenge, and tank companions are a mix). Much higher DPS then Immortal, but squishier, more reliant on stuns and healing (via medpack or companion).

Rage - DPS spec. focuses around building a series of attacks into a large burst damage finisher. Damage is much burstier, focuses on AoE damage more then Vengeance. Not as common as Vengeance, but still definitely playable as a leveling spec. Same limitations as Vengeance.

Overall, my preferred leveling spec is Vengeance, but there's many others who like rage and Immortal. but if you were to pick most common for leveling, I'd say in order is Vengeance - Immortal - Rage. both Vengeance and Immortal are really close, though come patch 1.3 this gap may widen (immortal is losing close to 20% of their already low damage).

Thank you for this response

I had a similar experience as the OP. I played my Sith Juggernaut to 36 the first month and the did not hit 37 until 4 months later.

Immortal with all of it's boosts to various panic buttons and with Quinn healing made made PvE levelling fairly easy. Unfortunately, as others have mentioned our DPS has taken a huge hit with 1.3. Multi-aggro is useless when dealing with bosses solo. Also not good if you want to PvP. And low DPS means serious problems whe trying to beat rage timers on raids/world bosses.

You will have to "overlevel" content or work in a group/duo more often now for PvE.

On the other hand Vengeance is still very viable when it comes to both PvE and PvP. Your squishiness is made up through very high damage output. You may have some issues with solo PvE content and will have to be a bit more careful when using your stuns and interrupts.

Edited by Rerednaw