Please Increase Stronghold Cap or Remove it Altogether

Sorrai

I wanted to appeal to our Stronghold Decorator Community, especially those whose strongholds were consolidated from the server merge and who exceeded the current stronghold limit of 10.

Many of us who love to decorate strongholds desire more than just one copy of each. Some of us were fortunate enough to take advantage of the server merge and end up with multiple copies which we've since used to decorate to our heart's content but with the release of the new Rishi stronghold it is now impossible for anyone with more than 10 active strongholds to purchase without deactivating whatever amount is necessary to go back under the limit cap. That means all that time and energy and all those resources spent into decorating will have to get deleted if you want to purchase the new Rishi stronghold and any other stronghold they may release in the future.

There is a thread in General discussion that is getting some traction on this issue and I encourage all of you to voice your opinions there as well as start your own discussion threads about raising the current stronghold cap. The more exposure this issue gets the better our chances it will be addressed by the dev team.

Edited by Sorrai

Not to be rude, but I don't understand why anyone would WANT to decorate the same stronghold multiple times. Getting enough decorations do decorate them _once_ is hard enough as is, and multiple copies of the same stronghold would be in the same location so, aside from designing the same place at different points in time, don't you guys find that the similarities would be a little bit... on the nose? I guess my perspective on Strongholds might not be for everyone though since I consider strongholds to be properties of my characters in-universe and design them as such, and it would be weird for my characters to own two different skyrise apartments in the same location with the same view but with different furniture arrangements.

I dunno, I suppose a Stronghold cap increase won't hurt anyone, but I gotta say that if THAT'S your problem with decorating then you must be very frickin' wealthy.

...I'm allowed to say "frickin'" on these forums, right? I mean, it's not really a curse word any more than some words used by the characters in-game, so it's probably fine.

I kind of can see why; Light Side, Dark Side, Republic, Empire, Alliance, etc. Someone might like, say, the Yavin 4 Temple enough to do it as a Light Side Republic stronghold (ala Luke's Jedi Academy from the old EU books) for one copy and another copy as an Alliance outpost with Dark Side leanings for a different character. Not my own cup of tea, but I grasp the reasoning.

A lot of us have been decorating strongholds and collecting decos for years now. I have several copies of the same strongholds thanks to the server merge and, yes, I decorate them. If you're asking why people would want multiple copies of the same stronghold then let me give you an example:

Think about all the decorations that currently exist. If you need help just open up your decorations menu and scroll through all of the decos. There are literally *hundreds* now and more keep coming out. I not only love to decorate but I also love to RP. Strongholds provides a custom environment where players can create a variety of SCENES and these scenes can be fun just for the sake of a hobby and it can also be used for stuff like RP or guild events or anything else you can think of. Is it that hard to get that people would like to have multiple variations of the same stronghold? Yes, I want a cool military base on Dromund Kaas but I also want to make a cantina there as well. While I'm at it I'd also like to have a trophy-themed SH so I can display all my achievement trophies, Ranked PVP trophy decos and trophy artwork from PVP matches. I'd love all of this to be on DK because I happen to like that environment the best and because that world works best for all the ideas I have in mind. Can you understand now? Is it that difficult to get why a lot of us want multiple copies of strongholds?

Another example is I have all these heavy industrial decos, big machinery, etc. I'd like to make a factory somewhere and the strongholds available are pretty limited, so where would make a good place for a factory? Tatooine? Sure, that would be a good choice because it's big and is one of the only strongholds that actually would be suitable for making a big industrial factory. Well, what if I already made my Tatooine stronghold into a resort place with pretty trees and fountains and fancy furniture? Sure would be NICE if I didn't have to destroy hours or even days worth of meticulous design work just to make room for a factory, right?!

Do you get it now?

• 3 weeks later...