Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

Varicite
03.14.2012 , 11:43 PM | #881
Quote: Originally Posted by JackMinn View Post
Well I guess what people want is a reward that indicates to the opponent that you earned something. The stat people seek is simply to emphasize that they are better players by allowing them to kill the opponent faster. I genuinely think its not that these people need a clutch to compete... why would they, they had to work to reach that gear if it was a grind, so clearly if they got there they did something. Its hardly reasonable to consider someone playing 1000 warzones to get an advantage to then what.... win more warzones? for what?

People posting and telling others who want more gear that they "NEED" this advantage are just saying so to comfort themselves.

The demand for gear is to put yourself above your opponent because you did more than them. And in all honesty a mount isnt going to cut it, cause I cant ride mounts in the warzone can I?

The only thing there is, is different colored armor, but I mean it just isnt so interesting because the games graphics arent super appealing. I mean if they gave me a cool looking armor set fine, but a simple color change feels so half assed its sad. Ladder ranking will work fine in the end, but that requires cross server queing to bring in more competition. Untill then I dont think a rating 144 set of gear you need to work towards will break the game, nor do I think people who strive for it are "baddies" who cant play without the gear. Cause they clearly play the game to get that gear initially.
If you won 1000 warzones, you obviously don't need the gear to win more warzones. Why not ask for a different looking set of gear to distinguish yourself? Why does it have to be something that makes you hit harder, or take less damage?

I completely understand the desire to show off one's accomplishments in a "real" way, but like I said, I simply do not agree that having a very real advantage over your opponents promotes the spirit of competition that PvP tries to foster.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

Dego_Locc
03.14.2012 , 11:47 PM | #882
Well I guess what people want is a reward that indicates to the opponent that you earned something. The stat people seek is simply to emphasize that they are better players by allowing them to kill the opponent faster. I genuinely think its not that these people need a clutch to compete... why would they, they had to work to reach that gear if it was a grind, so clearly if they got there they did something. Its hardly reasonable to consider someone playing 1000 warzones to get an advantage to then what.... win more warzones? for what?

People posting and telling others who want more gear that they "NEED" this advantage are just saying so to comfort themselves.

The demand for gear is to put yourself above your opponent because you did more than them. And in all honesty a mount isnt going to cut it, cause I cant ride mounts in the warzone can I?

The only thing there is, is different colored armor, but I mean it just isnt so interesting because the games graphics arent super appealing. I mean if they gave me a cool looking armor set fine, but a simple color change feels so half assed its sad. Ladder ranking will work fine in the end, but that requires cross server queing to bring in more competition. Untill then I dont think a rating 144 set of gear you need to work towards will break the game, nor do I think people who strive for it are "baddies" who cant play without the gear. Cause they clearly play the game to get that gear initially.
I agree with most of this, however I DO think it will be the straw that broke the camels back for half the pvp community that hasn't left yet, i think they will leave a month after 1.2.
CareBearStare>SWTOR
1.2 makes valor rank worthless pretty much. The new War Hero gear is better than BM, and can be worn by fresh 50's

ShadowOfVey
03.14.2012 , 11:47 PM | #883
I don't want crappy reskinned armor and mounts for winning in pvp, I want a big fish.

I want to wield a fish in my weapon slot that I can put mods in. A big glowing fish. I mean really big too, like 4x the size of character models.

Then people would be forced to bask in my glory.

Have it require a really high ranked wz rating. "OH **** IT'S THE FISH GUY"

Ziljin
03.14.2012 , 11:52 PM | #884
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowOfVey View Post
I don't want crappy reskinned armor and mounts for winning in pvp, I want a big fish.

I want to wield a fish in my weapon slot that I can put mods in. A big glowing fish. I mean really big too, like 4x the size of character models.

Then people would be forced to bask in my glory.

Have it require a really high ranked wz rating. "OH **** IT'S THE FISH GUY"
I shall wield my fluffy white rabbit and it will shame your fish back to the watery depths it came from!

Crazylor
03.14.2012 , 11:59 PM | #885

I'd like a banner, like a samurai warrior or something... Either that or Auras, if people really want to show off. Cus if you're so goood at pvp none of that stuff should be detrimental to you, because you probably get focused enough anyway. (like me)
Darth Sion Hord | Korinthos Hord
The Shadowlands

RockysRevenge
03.15.2012 , 12:34 AM | #886
Quote: Originally Posted by SneakyErvin View Post
IMO we should all get a PvP set when we hit 50. The best set possible. Then from WZs we should earn titles, mounts, differently colored crystals, armors and weapons with different models, same stats but other models/colors.

That would keep me playing even if I dont see a shiny stat increase. Heck, I'd pvp just for the sake of pvp. I used to play alot of games online that were only about pvp, only reward was to win over the opponent. Be it a fantasy game, ww2 game or a sci-fi game, 3D shooter, rts or rpg, only reason to pvp is to win and kill the opponent and have a fun time doing it.
This ^^^^^^^^^
The BALBOA legacy!
The Illuminate/ The Enclave/ 528th gaming community

http://www.528thfleet.com/

Sylriana
03.15.2012 , 01:17 AM | #887
Best solution is to add high tier valor/rated WZ ranking vanity pets.

No gear imbalances, and everyone knows your WZ team is 2200 because you have a baby nerf following you around.

Everyone wins.

Xzenthal
03.15.2012 , 01:33 AM | #888
As others have said that if they can't stand battlegrounds to be equal and fair then by all means they can leave for all I care. There will prob be added soemthign extra later for the top teams but hopefully estetics or a speeder aso.

qqsix
03.15.2012 , 01:35 AM | #889
tldr 51 pages... just a reply to the first post.. lol

When you play chess... what is your reward?
I thought the idea of pvp was just about competing against someone? You are here to play the game, and in ranked, your reward is knowing you are the best team or "ranked team"... be happy

If your skill is so great, why should "gear" matter to you, you will get exclusive colours still i think no>?

Celebrus
03.15.2012 , 07:32 AM | #890
I know we all like to think that the game is dying because of the reason that we personally dislike the game, but I'm sorry, it isn't dying because of how PvP gear will be handled in 1.2

People were quitting before the 1.2 changes were announced, they continue to quit after, that tells me they are quitting because of HOW THE GAME IS RIGHT NOW, not because the OP has his panties in a bunch over how rated gear will be obtained IN A MONTH.

The game has more problems at this very moment than how rated gear will be handled *then*, unfortunately for BW they are incapable of making real fixes in their game, so they continue to break as many or more things with each patch as they fix.