Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

Tic-'s Avatar


Tic-
03.11.2012 , 08:00 AM | #381
Quote: Originally Posted by deltaminus View Post
I like PvP becasue I want fat shiny loot.

Just look at any professional sport, they hand out trophies and rings to the winners. They don't just give them a pat on the back and say "good job".

Maybe you should go tell Kobe he's soft for wanting to win all those trophies and hardware. Maybe Kobe's soft because he wants the ADVANTAGE of having team mates that are BETTER then the ones on the opposing team.

Isn't it funny, how in pro sports every team does everything they can to get an advantage over their opponents. They try to have the best gear and the best players.
Yea, from now on, they should give the NBA champ the first pick in the draft, because they earned it by beating everyone else!

derp.

TehHoneyBadger's Avatar


TehHoneyBadger
03.11.2012 , 08:01 AM | #382
Quote: Originally Posted by Tic- View Post
You get to climb the rank ladder and boast to the high heavens all over these boards, how skilled you are for your efforts. You get unique gear looks, and titles for your efforts.
exactly! +1!!!!!!!! This is what real PvP is about earning your ranks! which I have been trying to get across. yet somehow people still don't understand.

deltaminus's Avatar


deltaminus
03.11.2012 , 08:02 AM | #383
Quote: Originally Posted by Tic- View Post
Yea, from now on, they should give the NBA champ the first pick in the draft, because they earned it by beating everyone else!

derp.
Because the first draft pick wins you a Championship. So how many Championships did Lebron win in Cleveland again?

On the other hand, winning a Championship does indeed bring your team marquee talent, that's often willing to take a pay cut, because the players want to win. Look at how stacked Miami is, again, pay cuts because they want to win.

Or look at the Yankees and Boston. They have some of the HIGHEST payrolls in Baseball. How is this fair? It's not, because competitive games are NEVER fair.

TehHoneyBadger's Avatar


TehHoneyBadger
03.11.2012 , 08:03 AM | #384
Quote: Originally Posted by Gruntcruncher View Post
*** has communism got to do with bioware or pvp.

Are you realy as mentaly deficient as you apear?
well your for making everybody equal in pvp..... so your for communism, or even like the idea behind it?

Tic-'s Avatar


Tic-
03.11.2012 , 08:05 AM | #385
Quote: Originally Posted by deltaminus View Post
Because the first draft pick wins you a Championship. So how many Championships did Lebron win in Cleveland again?
None, but imagine if he was drafted by the NBA Champ Spurs that year....

Which was my point

stevaras's Avatar


stevaras
03.11.2012 , 08:06 AM | #386
Quote: Originally Posted by TehHoneyBadger View Post
Gear should be properly earnt, not spoon fed to some retarrrded scrub with absolute no skill on how to play against somebody other than the computer.

How people can't understand this issue is absurd? Ok so you PVE? good for you? but that doesn't mean I roll one dungeon, and get the item I want does it? no I have to do it again and again and again? earn it right? please your arguements are flawed you PVE scrubs. We want to earn our gear just like the PVE raiders do, in a proper manner. Unless of course, Gharj drops everyone the item they want first time round?

I hope you freaking understand me, if you can't see the problem, your the problem for not addressing this issue.

Let me break it down for you PVE trolls who dont care for real PvP,

You play hard, learn hard, use your skill, and earn your gear. Person with the better gear, well yes he earnt it because hes better than you. this is not a communist game were everybodies equal, I want competition. not some spoon fed baby with UBER GEAR let me play somebody that has earnt his place.
NO but if more people gets PVE gear easy,less wipes and less frustration we will have in order to finish a HM or NM OP's enough said.
if you need a unique look and better renown,get out of your home and buy yourself a new suit from ZARA...
I ordered at December and i am proud of it!!

Gruntcruncher's Avatar


Gruntcruncher
03.11.2012 , 08:07 AM | #387
Oh yeah, as for the cry babies about gear. How exactly are people getting spponfed it in PvP now, remind me i can't seem to see the sign or dev post saying "free gear here".


Who the F**k is Kobe? Does he get payed to play whatever it is he does? If so then yeah, probably does want the best team to support him. Does wearing nike shorts rather than addidas ones make him a better player? Or is it the skill he and his team have that affects his results?

Hmm I wonder.

kheide's Avatar


kheide
03.11.2012 , 08:07 AM | #388
Lets not forget that the people who complain and wants pvp to be equal are the ones who would never achieve high ratings (and still play 24/7). My guess is that these people are afraid there will be some level of gear not available to them and it makes them sad. Also they use this as a counterargument to why they don't succeed. Because some people have better gear.....

Lets put it like this. If you're in a job and you and your collegue is paid the same amount of money, and you're working hard and he's just lying on the floor drooling in his own vomit. Is that fair? Does it make you want to work hard? No, and thats how PvP in swtor is.

We don't complain because we work hard and get nothing special for it. We complain because all the **** players get the same as we do and they do absolutely nothing for it. It wasn't always like this, but then **** players became the majority and the companies had to cater for them, thus... here we are. Money talks !

deltaminus's Avatar


deltaminus
03.11.2012 , 08:07 AM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by Tic- View Post
None, but imagine if he was drafted by the NBA Champ Spurs that year....

Which was my point
Your point is you have no idea what you're talking about?

pogmahone's Avatar


pogmahone
03.11.2012 , 08:10 AM | #390
I remember reading this awhile back http://torwars.com/2011/04/18/pvp-in...gather-so-far/

Quote:
They have also indicated that the gear rewards from PvP will show that your character participates in PvP and has earned said gear by slaying thousands of innocent Padawans. At the same time, there hasnít been any indication that PvP gear will be providing massive amounts of differing bonuses or stat modifications than standard PvE gear.
I made the quote that I am talking about in bold.