Scoundrel/IA Nerf - The reasons Bad players are Bad

WDampier

Why nerf a class that is supposed to be able to kill you if he gets the drop on you.

3 things.

1. Why are you standing still in pvp. You have the ability to bring stealth classes out of stealth (negating their initial burst dps) as long as you find them before they find you.

2. Learn to play your class. If you don't understand how to use your class well enough to defend against specific attacks/classes, get out of the warzone and back to the pve world and learn how to play. Then come back. we'll welcome the added challenge.

3. Put your man pants on and take the death. Come back and get revenge on the battlefield, get off the forums because real players don't want to watch your virtual tantrum.

for added bonus. gear up before you complain. if you get splatted by a burst class, chances are you have crap for gear and were up against a champion -> battle master geared veteran. - hitting 50 and strolling into a WZ expecting to be the next Casanova of Killers just isn't going to happen. You're going to get ***** with the wrong end of the pleasure stick.

If you don't agree with me, you are probably the people that are referenced above and should proceed to post a reply flaming me, thus proving my points.

Edited by WDampier

So your argument is that if you're any good you'll see the invisible player coming? I haven't played tOR all that long but I'm pretty sure this argument would never fly with rogues and hunter flares.

My class sure can't unstealth people, not unless it's catching them with an AoE right after whatever this game's version of vanish is, I imagine.

I'm also seeing a distinct lack of nerfs to the other stealth class, including similar stealth or position dependant moves.

Maybe you're the one that needs to learn to play here huh? Sometimes classes get nerfed because they're too powerful.

Ah, it's good to see that every MMO's forums turn into the WoW forums.

When a class or spec is genuinely broken everyone in the world can see it except the people who play the class, who come out in droves telling people to learn how to play, or to go get gear, or something else before they complain

The most hilarious thing is that because these people clearly never learned how to play nor did they have to actually get gear. Why? Because they are playing a broken class/spec. Who needs to learn a class or get gear when they can bang their head on their keyboard and get kills without taking one point of damage?

If you actually knew how to play your class you would see how broken SC/OP is and this thread would not even exist.

As a note, you inspired me to go watch World of Roguecraft again. So I have to give you kudos for that, but then you just look all the more foolish.

Edit: Back to Street Fighter!

Edited by ThePromise

Why nerf a class that is supposed to be able to kill you if he gets the drop on you.

Wrong assumption. That's what YOU wish the class to be.

3 things.

1. Why are you standing still in pvp. You have the ability to bring stealth classes out of stealth (negating their initial burst dps) as long as you find them before they find you.

The short range stealth detection while moving makes it even easier to run straight into OP's blades. And thanks to lag they can nab me when I still see them 4-5m away.

2. Learn to play your class. If you don't understand how to use your class well enough to defend against specific attacks/classes, get out of the warzone and back to the pve world and learn how to play. Then come back. we'll welcome the added challenge.

Operatives are not the only threat in the game, and I can't keep my CC reserved for them. If I don't CC their opener, I am left with so little HP that my death is guaranteed, even if I get away immediately and kite them. Either by them (dots + weak range attacks) or by any one nearby who will follow the smell of blood and go for an easy target with low health.

I am Vanguard with 18k hp and almost 400 expertise (it could be better, but it's not a completely newbie gear).

3. Put your man pants on and take the death. Come back and get revenge on the battlefield, get off the forums because real players don't want to watch your virtual tantrum.

Take it like a man and come back to get killed again, is what you wanted to say, right?

for added bonus. gear up before you complain. if you get splatted by a burst class, chances are you have crap for gear and were up against a champion -> battle master geared veteran. - hitting 50 and strolling into a WZ expecting to be the next Casanova of Killers just isn't going to happen. You're going to get ***** with the wrong end of the pleasure stick.

If you don't agree with me, you are probably the people that are referenced above and should proceed to post a reply flaming me, thus proving my points.

Patch notes tomorrow. ;)

Ah, it's good to see that every MMO's forums turn into the WoW forums.

When a class or spec is genuinely broken everyone in the world can see it except the people who play the class, who come out in droves telling people to learn how to play, or to go get gear, or something else before they complain

The most hilarious thing is that because these people clearly never learned how to play nor did they have to actually get gear. Why? Because they are playing a broken class/spec. Who needs to learn a class or get gear when they can bang their head on their keyboard and get kills without taking one point of damage?

If you actually knew how to play your class you would see how broken SC/OP is and this thread would not even exist.

As a note, you inspired me to go watch World of Roguecraft again. So I have to give you kudos for that, but then you just look all the more foolish.

Edit: Back to Street Fighter!

No offense, but you have no idea what you are talking about. There is no "learning to play your class." This isn't arena. It's controlled bgs. OPs are stealthers who should kill you quick if they get the drop on you. That's how the concealment tree is designed.

Look, I am sure OPs will figure this out. They will create some hybrid heals/lethality spec that gives more survivability and more sustained dps out of stealth. That, however, does not change the fact that concealment is entirely broken as a spec with this nerf.

It is utterly useless.

By the way, I don't play OP very much. I have one, but I play Sorc, which is at least as "OP" as op was pre-nerf. Concealment OPs are free kills right now and there isn't anything they can do. They just can't put out enough damage to stop me from kiting them to death.

I got 1 question for the flamers.

Did you ever see a assassin (the equevalent of the ia op here), sneak up to a target, and then spend 3/4 minutes or more trying to whack hes ***?

Seriously.... What te freak is wrong with you people...

Its like taking away a canon from a tank and replace it with an ak-74...

An assassin is simply meant to have this kind of burst dmg. Afterwards you shouldnt have much trouble killing him off ofc. Otherwise it wouldnt be fair.

This game is 1 of the best skillwise balanced games i have ever seen.

DONT NERF ANY CLASS PLEASE!

For those crying, go learn how to play. Or it will just be embarrasing when i meet you on the fields.

For your information, I'm a Scoundrel Healer in mostly Champ gear. NOT a scrapper.

Yes i've spec'd scrapper and it is very fun.

Yes ive gotten raged on by IA's. Yes I've also been able to stand there and laugh as a IA tries to burst me down as i out heal his attempts while my team mates mangle the IA into small bits.

Yes i learned how to play.

Yes i learned how to slap stick dmg a stealther out of camo.

Yes i also pay for a faster internet connection because i like to game and i dont mind paying to have a faster connection.

No its not how I wish the class was meant to be played - Saw bones -> healer. Scrapper -> BURST dmg killer. Dirty Fighting -> sustained DoT dps

Come on now. the game hasnt even been out long enough for nerfs. they need to fix PvE boss drops and mechanic bugs.. not class mechanics that work just fine.

if you dont like being stun locked, reserve your get out of jail free card for IA/SC attacks only. thats why its there. play with friends who watch your back. both IA and DC have VERY distinct looks. watch for them.

this isnt afternoon special with mr rogers.. its PVP. you get killed.. a lot.

This is the worst post I've seen, I sometimes stand still for a cast as I can't move while doing it which was when an operative would come and kill me in 3seconds.

You're honestly saying we're bad because we don't see someone who is invisible. You're the bad player because you're crying about how you now have to use skill to actually get a kill instead of killing me by the time I can actually stand back up to even attempt to do anything.

You got nerfed deal with it.

No more of this BS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1KEdL5Fz0U&feature=youtu.be