Just did False Emperor for the first time

Must say, bravo BioWare :p I can assume that final boss and his mechanics had sooo many people raging in beta and probably still, but I found it highly amusing and a nice "easter egg" / Tribute to you-know-what.

:D

Ace flashpoint, will run again.

I just got kicked off the platform at 10%, knocked down and auto-kicked out of the flashpoint. Then i can't enter the flashpoint again for unknown reasons (the group killed the boss 2sec after i died). I missed the bounty hunter chest that dropped, and i was the only BH in the group.

This Malgus boss is the most stupid boss I've ever done in my gaming career, push mechanics feel clunky, and you can get kicked out of the flashpoint with no chance for loot or reentry. Fail!

I just got kicked off the platform at 10%, knocked down and auto-kicked out of the flashpoint. Then i can't enter the flashpoint again for unknown reasons (the group killed the boss 2sec after i died). I missed the bounty hunter chest that dropped, and i was the only BH in the group.

This Malgus boss is the most stupid boss I've ever done in my gaming career, push mechanics feel clunky, and you can get kicked out of the flashpoint with no chance for loot or reentry. Fail!

You were standing in the wrong position, then. It is an intended mechanic and very simple to avoid. Do not get knocked off. BioWare has stated that if you are knocked off and your group kills the boss, it is intentional that you are not able to loot. Your group should have wiped. Next time, put your back to a wall or position yourself correctly so that you are not knocked off. It really is very easy. The push mechanics are also not clunky at all. I knock him off solo every time I run the instance.

You were standing in the wrong position, then. It is an intended mechanic and very simple to avoid. Do not get knocked off. BioWare has stated that if you are knocked off and your group kills the boss, it is intentional that you are not able to loot. Your group should have wiped. Next time, put your back to a wall or position yourself correctly so that you are not knocked off. It really is very easy. The push mechanics are also not clunky at all. I knock him off solo every time I run the instance.

OFC it's easy if you do it right. The fact that you get kicked out of the flashpoint for getting knocked down on the other hand is just plain stupid, that cannot be denied.

OFC it's easy if you do it right. The fact that you get kicked out of the flashpoint for getting knocked down on the other hand is just plain stupid, that cannot be denied.

It can.

The only way you can get knocked off is if you:

A. are terrible

B. knowingly put yourself in the position to be knocked off. (see A)

I was knocked off while kiting him to place once, learned from it and was never knocked off again.

Bad play can fly for any of the first hard modes but by the time you get to FE you should have some knowledge of positioning. If there's a bottomless pit its just smart not to stand between it and anything in case of knockback. I applaud bioware for punishing sloppy play even if it means I may get careless in the future and miss out on a drop.

4 out of 5 times this stupid fight gets bugged out. He will keep casting his lightning with no way to interrupt and wipe the group. Happened 3 times in a row to us last night before we knocked him down on attempt 4.

This isn't because we've never run FE before. We run FE nightly. Sometimes we 1-shot him, and sometimes he wipes us 3-4 times before he stops bugging out.

Stupid fight.

What bugs me about the fight is that it's a super-easy, borderline boring encounter, yet you still wipe because of some stupid mechanic or erratic boss-movement.

Darth Malgus does negligible damage. Almost the entire fight is nothing but tank and spank with the Boss dealing pitiful damage.

The encounter is a total snooze-fest.

But then Bioware comes a long and gives him a single ability that can wipe the group if not interrupted within 2 seconds. This ability may, or may not occur and is otherwise pretty random as well.

And then we get to the push part, which would be fine and all with the grenades, if the Boss would actually move in a semi-predictable manner instead of just spaming his Lightning attack and occasionally chasing after someone before changing his mind and going back to spaming.

Imo it's a poorly designed encounter because you're fighting the stupid boss mechanics more than the actual boss himself.

Edited by Dee-Jay

Had to knock him off twice to finish this bugged FP. I force pushed him off the ledge. So, he starts casting lightning from the bottom of the.... whatever is down there. Next thing I know, he appears BACK UP TOP. So, we have to knock him off AGAIN with two grenades.

This was after wiping to him for an hour due to him not moving or not being able to be knocked back.

Fix this POS flashpoint.

It can.

The only way you can get knocked off is if you:

A. are terrible

B. knowingly put yourself in the position to be knocked off. (see A)

I was knocked off while kiting him to place once, learned from it and was never knocked off again.

Bad play can fly for any of the first hard modes but by the time you get to FE you should have some knowledge of positioning. If there's a bottomless pit its just smart not to stand between it and anything in case of knockback. I applaud bioware for punishing sloppy play even if it means I may get careless in the future and miss out on a drop.

So with your logic, players who are terrible and die during an ops fight shouldnt get a shot at the loot even if the rest of the group kills him? Come on, you logic is failing, or you failed to see mine.

So with your logic, players who are terrible and die during an ops fight shouldnt get a shot at the loot even if the rest of the group kills him? Come on, you logic is failing, or you failed to see mine.

Your logic is flawed. An ops fight is entirely different than a 4 man flashpoint.

People will die in ops, that much is certain. There is some give and take but if too many people die, or they die too often then the fight ends in a wipe. Losing a chance at loot in a 4 man flashpoint is a teaching tool to force people to know how to position themselves for other encounters.

Your logic is flawed. An ops fight is entirely different than a 4 man flashpoint.

People will die in ops, that much is certain. There is some give and take but if too many people die, or they die too often then the fight ends in a wipe. Losing a chance at loot in a 4 man flashpoint is a teaching tool to force people to know how to position themselves for other encounters.

What are you serious? People wont die in ops if done right, just as people wont die in a fp if done right. The only difference between flashpoints and ops are the number of people in the group, with possibly an extra mechanic to be mindful of in an ops.

Why would people learn not to die from being denied loot because of a mistake in a flashpoint? It would simply make people try to get loot in another, more forgiving way such as ops, pvp or just fps that don't punish you for mistakes in that way.

You could also argue that since ops should be more challenging, the penalty for death should be higer, so if anything in this game should deny you loot, (which I don't think anyhting should do if the group as a whole manages to beat the encounter) it would be operations.

Please drop that "Harcore players needs challage, noobs gotta learn" attitude. I'm not syaing the game should be nerfed at all, I'm just saying that a mechanic that denies one group meber loot for a mistake is wrong if the group as a whole beats the encounter.

The mistake there is that if someone gets knocked off then the group should just wipe. It's not difficult to not get knocked off, getting knocked off is akin to forcing your group to wipe in an op.

Sorry to say but, noobs gotta learn.

Actually, on my fourth or fifth kill, while standing in the same place I always stand, he charged me, knocked me through the floor onto a white plane in the middle of nowhere, where I floated for about 20 seconds before dying and being unable to release. Fun times. Edited by PanzerKing