Grey Side Alignment

LordFell

I don't think I'm entirely alone in feeling that forcing us to pick a side in the DvL scale doesn't really work.

If Roleplay is, actually, a thing (and you better believe it's still a thing) the idea that ALL of us are either Paragons of Virtue, or Infernals of Damnation is ridiculous... and of course, regardless of how committed your character is to one side or the other... because Missions and Quests now give alignment, by the time your characters are 70th, odds are they're also going to be glowing the Light of the Force or shimmering with Darkness regardless of your characters personal choices and commitment.

Now... if I'm not mistaken, when Light Side is Victorious, Light Side characters gain a 100% CXP bonus, and Light Side tokens whenever they gain a Command Rank. Naturally, Dark Side characters gain the same when Dark Reigns.

When a character commits to neither (is Grey) the would instead have a base 30% CXP bonus, and never earn Tokens (unless, maybe, they join an Ops to drop DvL Bosses, and those Bosses drop tokens, they can earn those).

Right now... if you want to "opt out" you need to constantly swap your alignment back and forth, which is an honestly unnecessary aggravation.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think I'm entirely alone in feeling that forcing us to pick a side in the DvL scale doesn't really work.

If Roleplay is, actually, a thing (and you better believe it's still a thing) the idea that ALL of us are either Paragons of Virtue, or Infernals of Damnation is ridiculous... and of course, regardless of how committed your character is to one side or the other... because Missions and Quests now give alignment, by the time your characters are 70th, odds are they're also going to be glowing the Light of the Force or shimmering with Darkness regardless of your characters personal choices and commitment.

Now... if I'm not mistaken, when Light Side is Victorious, Light Side characters gain a 100% CXP bonus, and Light Side tokens whenever they gain a Command Rank. Naturally, Dark Side characters gain the same when Dark Reigns.

When a character commits to neither (is Grey) the would instead have a base 30% CXP bonus, and never earn Tokens (unless, maybe, they join an Ops to drop DvL Bosses, and those Bosses drop tokens, they can earn those).

Right now... if you want to "opt out" you need to constantly swap your alignment back and forth, which is an honestly unnecessary aggravation.

Agreed man, there should be an unaligned option in that little "side-selection" box of the UI, as well as in the selection screen when a WZ pops, etc.. "Grey" characters could get bonuses from when the Force is in Balance. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to bump this...

Just feels ridiculous to me that my head-canon Grey Jedi is currently aligned to The Dark Side because I let her Light Side get too high. I don't want to be forced to gain alignment... I want my choices to dictate where my alignment hovers. I mean... with some characters at least. Some of my characters Embrace the Dark or the Light.

Yeah, I agree with this. I ignored the switch when it came out (it helped that my interface somehow already placed it behind my radar). I also thought it wasn't set until you actually clicked a side. Sadly it seems I was mistaken.

And while yeah from an RP/headcanon/whatever perspective I still ignore it, it does bug me a little that my agent is now Light 3. I play her pragmatic and Empire oriented as opposed to Sith oriented. In what way does that mean she's a goody two shoes now?

I'd be down for a gray alignment. Now some might argue that's "just not Star Wars", but hey, neither is the nuance of the agent. At best I'd want an "unspecified", or not set state where you just opt out of the alignment. That works a little better actually, as outside of Force-users, light and dark should be almost irrelevant.