One simple question..

Jepplen

That depends on how high your Willpower is. Because of Will of the Jedi, the more Willpower you have, the more each point of further Willpower added will benefit you. As far as I know Willpower is adding 1.4 and Power is adding 1.7 to your healing. So point for point, Power seems more useful, but because of Will of the Jedi, each Willpower point you add, will result in the addition of more than one Willpower point, slowly but steadily giving you more healing than Power.

Right now, on my Sorc I have 2456 Willpower but switching all Willpower augments out for Power would only increase healing by 0.5 point in total. For 14 augments, I'd rather keep the extra crit chance.

The armory on askmrrobot.com allows you to experiment with various mods for the optimal setup.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Thanks for the replies all, some more useful than others ;)

Actually my force crit is 26.5% fully buffed, i still have to augment 5 pieces so i guess i'll be looking at the resolve augment for that, that should give me an additional 90 willpower which should raise the buffed crit to about 28% if i'm lucky.

2500 Willpower?! Is that even possible in pvp??

I have 1800 right now and have min/maxed most of them for the WH (except the augs).

Ok i'm not using a rich man's mods and armorings ;) But they are definitely decent enough.

I have kept my Expertise fairly high though, it's at 1208, am i making a mistake by keeping it there?

Thanks for the replies all, some more useful than others ;)

Actually my force crit is 26.5% fully buffed, i still have to augment 5 pieces so i guess i'll be looking at the resolve augment for that, that should give me an additional 90 willpower which should raise the buffed crit to about 28% if i'm lucky.

2500 Willpower?! Is that even possible in pvp??

I have 1800 right now and have min/maxed most of them for the WH (except the augs).

Ok i'm not using a rich man's mods and armorings ;) But they are definitely decent enough.

I have kept my Expertise fairly high though, it's at 1208, am i making a mistake by keeping it there?

Fully buffed, with resolve stim in mostly 63 PVE gear I'm close to 2400 WP, but that wouldn't be ideal in PVP. I'd say cap out a little over 1200 expertise, put in power crystals in main and off hands, and resolve 27 armorings with PVP mods in a custom belt and bracer. But try out some different builds and see what you like.

Fully buffed, with resolve stim in mostly 63 PVE gear I'm close to 2400 WP, but that wouldn't be ideal in PVP. I'd say cap out a little over 1200 expertise, put in power crystals in main and off hands, and resolve 27 armorings with PVP mods in a custom belt and bracer. But try out some different builds and see what you like.

The crystals are already in :) 27 armorings looks nice though!

As it stands, maybe i'm better off adding 2x Crit augments and then go for power as my crit is really low and to raise crit anywhere else would still replace willpower so i might as well do it in the Augs right away.

Sage Healer

My crit is at 30%

My surge is at 75%

Should i go for Willpower or Power in my augments?

now were talking .01+ differences at time but

Willpower for healers

Power for DPS

is how buddy of mine whose into the uber min max thing figured it out

Keep in mind to that Willpower will up your natural crit rate so you may be able to drop some crit scores for power boosts if you stack enough will power

For my Sage healer

with buffs (all 4 class buffs and a Exotech willpower stim) my Willpower is 2011 (or there about, 2000 was my target goal)

the rest I put into power after making sure my force crit (crit + willpower+ buffs/passive ability) is 35% and my force crit multiplier (surge) is 75%

So recap

Willpower - 2000+

Crit chance - 35%

Crit Multiplyer - 75%

power - the rest

As for PVP, what I was told is get 1100-1200 expertise and then stack power via non PVP (no expertise) mods/enhancements/armor

Edited by Kalfear

now were talking .01+ differences at time but

Willpower for healers

Power for DPS

is how buddy of mine whose into the uber min max thing figured it out

Keep in mind to that Willpower will up your natural crit rate so you may be able to drop some crit scores for power boosts if you stack enough will power

For my Sage healer

with buffs (all 4 class buffs and a Exotech willpower stim) my Willpower is 2011 (or there about, 2000 was my target goal)

the rest I put into power after making sure my force crit (crit + willpower+ buffs/passive ability) is 35% and my force crit multiplier (surge) is 75%

So recap

Willpower - 2000+

Crit chance - 35%

Crit Multiplyer - 75%

power - the rest

As for PVP, what I was told is get 1100-1200 expertise and then stack power via non PVP (no expertise) mods/enhancements/armor

Thanks! There are some really helpful things in there :)

With my ingame economy i think i'll end up with

1875-1900 will power

Crit 30-33%

Crit multi 75%

Doing dailys atm to scrap up some credits :)

Ok i've looked at the actual numbers..

Recap..

I have 5 pieces left to Augment and what i already have are:

4x Power

5x Willpower

So i can now choose my last augments... here are the numbers:

(Augments have +18 in main stat so 5 x 18 = 90)

Buffed:

WIllpower = 1798

Power = 946

Force Power 1205

Crit chance = 26,5 %

+90 Willpower = 83,8 heal points plus an additional 0,576 % Crit chance.

+90 Power = 85,6 heal points.

+90 Crit rating = 3,924 % Crit chance.

So i'm thinking if i should boost my healing with such small amount or go for the almost 4 % Crit boost so i'll land around 30,5 % Crit.

Until i can get my hands on some more expensive mods and armorings i think crit will be my better choice at this time.

The numbers are based on the Character screen under "Force".

I hope the heal point numbers are wrong, because they look quite small.