Since sorcs are asking for cover on PTS forum

biowareftw

Thanks for making my point. The dps rotation is simpler then other classes (cept commando/pt which are close). In pvp everyone has CC/def cooldowns/roots/kites.

You are basically agreeing with me...yet somehow, someway you have the idea that a sorc is a hard class to play. Despite using less buttons, with a simpler dps rotation.

Good argument. Thanks for playing sir.

if you are still talking aboot PVE Then yes I agree. But In PVP Sage is way harder to play well then Slinger. But why you are talking aboot PVE on the PVP server beats the H3ll out of me.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another person who can't read. Never, ever said that sorcs were OP. I said that sorcs have always been either A) head and shoulders above other healers, or B) just as viable (both op/scoundrel are just as viable atm).

That isn't changing in 2.0. Do you know how long it takes to gun down a well guarded healer? Add immunity that can be used during stuns or the force push away from the healers tank (to break guard) and coordinated burst?

Sorcs are not going to be hurting in 2.0. Not at all. DPS sorcs? Still going to be better then scoundrel/op/merc/commando dps specs. Those are the other healer hybrids in the game. If you are better then them? You have nothing to complain about.

Lol, have you played a sorc? Squishy as hell.

What's that? They can heal for 2.3k instantly? I can't hear you over your 6k lol-smash/railgun. Other than that, almost everything can be interrupted.

What's that a bubble? AND a stun? Sorry, can't do anything while being focused by others.

Hm? I'm sprinting? Sorry, no armour or any other feasable defense.

What? I can pull allies? QQ more about your leap to allies and enemies.

Seriously, sorcs are just different from the rest, they are hardly better, let alone OP. Utility, yeah, some. Ranged stun? Goes the same distance as BH shock dart.

DPS sorc? Only viable when no one touches them, they are more like paper cannons when touched. "Cannon" is also used loosely as they can't crit beyond 3k, at least the other classes can 1. Disengage if losing 2. Have armour to survive longer, despite your "gimped" healing.

If serious poster, you are sorely mistaken, if trolling, well done.

Lol, have you played a sorc? Squishy as hell.

What's that? They can heal for 2.3k instantly? I can't hear you over your 6k lol-smash/railgun. Other than that, almost everything can be interrupted.

What's that a bubble? AND a stun? Sorry, can't do anything while being focused by others.

Hm? I'm sprinting? Sorry, no armour or any other feasable defense.

What? I can pull allies? QQ more about your leap to allies and enemies.

Seriously, sorcs are just different from the rest, they are hardly better, let alone OP. Utility, yeah, some. Ranged stun? Goes the same distance as BH shock dart.

DPS sorc? Only viable when no one touches them, they are more like paper cannons when touched. "Cannon" is also used loosely as they can't crit beyond 3k, at least the other classes can 1. Disengage if losing 2. Have armour to survive longer, despite your "gimped" healing.

If serious poster, you are sorely mistaken, if trolling, well done.

5 percent lower armor then medium, makes you get hit 10 times harder then everyone else. Where have I heard this before...

Yes I played a sorc. Only char that was easier to lead dmg in pugs with was a pyro pt. Guess what...they ain't OP either, and railshot pretty much ignores armor, so armor means jack.

At this point I wish they would just give sorc's medium armor. Why? Cus then they would cry about not having heavy armor. It would be SOOOOOOO entertaining.

5 percent lower armor then medium, makes you get hit 10 times harder then everyone else. Where have I heard this before...

Yes I played a sorc. Only char that was easier to lead dmg in pugs with was a pyro pt. Guess what...they ain't OP either, and railshot pretty much ignores armor, so armor means jack.

At this point I wish they would just give sorc's medium armor. Why? Cus then they would cry about not having heavy armor. It would be SOOOOOOO entertaining.

Still can't tell if trolling or serious, but i live to entertain.

Yes the end of game damage scores look pretty and so does healing; but if you actually look at the fights (which i will give you the benefit of the doubt you do) you are kiting and MUST remain mobile to survive. Throwing DOT's and running away is viable, but you will never aid your team significantly. If a sorc sees a node that has one defender, there is hardly a chance in hell they could kill them before help arrives to bat them down (assuming the sorc actually survives long enough to kill the other player). I'm sure you will also note, that you are shut down easily. It is only ideal to be in large team engagements if the enemy largely ignores you and focuses on the objectives. Thats where sorcs get their pretty DPS patterns.

As far as armor, hell yes i would take anything better than rags. Considering I can move out of the LOS of BH and other ranged players, i cannot move out of the mele players range as easily. Since they do not always ignore armor (they can significantly reduce it) it could possibly mean 3 more seconds of survival.

What most sorcs qq about is the fact that abilities are immobile and require time, it also requires movement to survive. Limited burst ability despite standing there channeling for 3 seconds. Considering smash and other abilities, we are next to nothing on the table.

Again, end of game scores look pretty, but that doesn't accurately paint the picture. No player fears a sorc on the field, healers are primaries to most players looking for a kill to take an enemy off the battlefield and easily burned down.

That is why we have utilities, it's so we can stay mobile. I'm sure you know what happens when you stand still.

Still can't tell if trolling or serious, but i live to entertain.

Yes the end of game damage scores look pretty and so does healing; but if you actually look at the fights (which i will give you the benefit of the doubt you do) you are kiting and MUST remain mobile to survive. Throwing DOT's and running away is viable, but you will never aid your team significantly. If a sorc sees a node that has one defender, there is hardly a chance in hell they could kill them before help arrives to bat them down (assuming the sorc actually survives long enough to kill the other player). I'm sure you will also note, that you are shut down easily. It is only ideal to be in large team engagements if the enemy largely ignores you and focuses on the objectives. Thats where sorcs get their pretty DPS patterns.

As far as armor, hell yes i would take anything better than rags. Considering I can move out of the LOS of BH and other ranged players, i cannot move out of the mele players range as easily. Since they do not always ignore armor (they can significantly reduce it) it could possibly mean 3 more seconds of survival.

What most sorcs qq about is the fact that abilities are immobile and require time, it also requires movement to survive. Limited burst ability despite standing there channeling for 3 seconds. Considering smash and other abilities, we are next to nothing on the table.

Again, end of game scores look pretty, but that doesn't accurately paint the picture. No player fears a sorc on the field, healers are primaries to most players looking for a kill to take an enemy off the battlefield and easily burned down.

That is why we have utilities, it's so we can stay mobile. I'm sure you know what happens when you stand still.

And the point is?

1. You can easily top dmg meters in pugs as dps (you just said as much).

2. Other sorcs have admitted in this thread that the class is so good and easy at pve dps that "if you fail on one you should quit".

3. You are one of the REQUIRED heal classes in ranked. The other being OP/scoundrel

4. You are getting burst with lightning in 2.0 (yes I know this won't be your best spec in ranked, but it should be great for pug stomping).

Can any other healer/hybrid say the same thing? Scoundrel? Merc? Scoundrel isn't viable as pve dps, and they have burst, but overall dmg in a WZ is a joke. Merc isn't viable as ranked dps OR heals.

Add to this? A op/merc can't offheal at all in a WZ or they screw themselves over. The merc will lose LOS of his kill target. The op will self kite himself from the target, AND keep him/her self from restealthing.

So what is it that you want? Do you want to be better then a lethality sniper as dot spec? Fine. Lose all utility and make a shadow form. While in shadow form you can't heal or bubble anyone else. Since this class is just a carbon copy of a WoW shadow priest, you might as well add that caveat. I would say add offensive dispels on the bubbles (give them to offensive mercs so they have something they can do lol), but I know that would just cause the forums to explode from QQ.

This is what you people fail to undestand. If you want to play a burst mage? Play a MM sniper. If you want to play a burstier dot spec, play a lethality sniper. THAT is the mage class in this game. The sorc/sage is a priest class. It has the BEST dps spec for pugs of the healer hybrids.

You have nothing to complain about. If you want a "mage". Roll one. Double weekend xp rocks. I leveled my shadow in just BG's and he is like 40 with like 1500 ranked coms now. At 50 he will have a 5 pc legacy set from gree dailies that is already min maxed just from doing pvp dailes on other chars.

The sorc is a HEALER hybrid. Say it over and over again to yourself until you understand. It will always be balanced around ranked as a HEALER first. Viable as pug dps? That is just a bonus. You have it the best of the healer hybrids in pvp, and the best of all classes as far as raiding and pvp (with maybe the exception of jug tank/vengeance). Is it silly and unfair that jug's are the best pvp tank to guard healers, AND have a great pvp spec (a smash jug is very ranked viable, a smash marauder is not). Sure. I am not going to lose sleep over it though. It is one class in the game. I also know that MMO's need tanks and you have to keep pve players happy as well.

Calm down. Roll another class to 50 that you perceive is overpowered (never been a better time). See how it is. If you come back to the sorc/sage class? Come back to the forums and say you were wrong.

Edited by biowareftw

Poor sorcerers. I don't know how you have coped this last year. You guys should write a book on hardships. You could name it "Pity Party: The Sorcerer's Burden".

Other books could include, "How to wear a skirt like a man", and "Rolling Cloth Classes in MMO's, how to have a built in excuse for when you fail," and "Squishy, because 5 percent is a big freakin deal".

I lol'ed :D

I would like to ask for the following things for other classes.

Everyone should get a ranged stun.

Everyone should get a friendly pull.

Everyone needs sprint. It isn't fair that a sorc can run back to a node/door after a death faster then other players.

Classes without a knockback? Get one.

Ranged interrupt on melee classes? Yes please.

Ranged slow on all melee classes. Yup I need this as well.

Instant cast 2-3 k heal that can't be dispelled (bubble). Yup. Definitely going to need that.

Lower all dps rotations to that of a madness sorc/hybrid so we can all play our classes on our X box controllers, while eating nachos.

All classes should be able to heal themselves when LOS'ing behind a pillar. I feel my Pyro PT needs this since sorc's have it. Wouldn't be OP at all. Also my carnage marauder would like it also. Root, los, heal self would be totally balanced.

Since all classes except jug are pigeonholed into one spec for ranked, but only sorcs feel the need to complain about it 24/7? We want other viable specs as well. We are going to throw a tantrum and DEMAND a developer talk to us until then as well. Getting our inner sorc on.

Also I would like a healing/tank spec for my marauder and sniper, so that at anytime I can respec for free and carry bad players in pugs. Topping dps just isn't enough sometimes.

Until 2.0? Everyone needs bubblestun baseline. Think about it sorcs! Less time spamming bubble. More time bunny hopping!

Instant aoe mes. Needs to be on all classes.

Melee attacks need a 30 meter range.

Cleanse. Hells yeah!

/signed all other classes who don't get any developer attention due to forums being dominated by crying sorcs. who yell at other sorcs, who say they are fine.

You sir are my hero

I would like to ask for the following things for other classes.

Everyone should get a ranged stun.

Everyone should get a friendly pull.

Everyone needs sprint. It isn't fair that a sorc can run back to a node/door after a death faster then other players.

Stopped reading after this since snipers and operatives got a roll they didn't need.

Edited by JP_Legatus

I lol'ed :D

I know right but I thought "How to wear a skirt like a man" was already required reading for Scotts? I know my father gave me a copy with my first kilt.

To the OP about people of other classes asking for things (title, aromor, skills) other classes have. Sorry been going on in this game since beta. It's why Warriors can have the Lord title or was it Darth was so long ago but the QQ was big about it. Sorry just seems the way the Dev are going, if you cry hard enough and with enough people they will give it to you. Stun bubble, Merc's nerfed into the ground, everyone can dress like any AC as long as you spend real world cash, DR on crit changing. Malak and Revan running around with snipler rifles and blasters.

If sorcs get cover, then every class should get cover, and after that you can pretty much say the sniper and smuggler are useless. When one could jump to sniper or smuggler it was not too simple to kill one, now you cant, it gives them an edge. Most importantly it makes the sniper useful in a warzone. Especially if they pick a good spot, where the fighting is.

If every class got cover then you would have to do something for the sniper and smuggler to give them that edge again.

As far as tears go, the only ones crying here, are the sorcs. They want to go back to the way it was at launch, never being able to be killed, healing off each other to the point that no dps could kill them. Being massively op. They never cease to amaze me. I think the main problem is sorcs do good in the low level wzs, when they hit the 50, all of a sudden then can be killed. This is probably where the I want cover idea came from.

If sorcs get cover, then every class should get cover, and after that you can pretty much say the sniper and smuggler are useless. When one could jump to sniper or smuggler it was not too simple to kill one, now you cant, it gives them an edge. Most importantly it makes the sniper useful in a warzone. Especially if they pick a good spot, where the fighting is.

If every class got cover then you would have to do something for the sniper and smuggler to give them that edge again.

As far as tears go, the only ones crying here, are the sorcs. They want to go back to the way it was at launch, never being able to be killed, healing off each other to the point that no dps could kill them. Being massively op. They never cease to amaze me. I think the main problem is sorcs do good in the low level wzs, when they hit the 50, all of a sudden then can be killed. This is probably where the I want cover idea came from.

Agreed. Madness gets way too good way too early compared to other specs. People get used to stupidly strong bubbles (especially when they twink), and also get used to facetanking melee as a ranged class (a big no no). They have no idea how to kite, or even play a ranged class by the time they hit 50.

I think that is why they struggle so much when they hit 50 and cry up a storm. They literally have no idea how to play their class. They think that dotting a target, standing in one place and occasionally hitting a proc, while spamming one button will get it done endgame. Other classes don't get tools to counter their stuff until later.

I think making lightning a good pug dps spec was a good move by Bioware. The tree shines at later levels, like a carnage/rage marauder/MMsniper/concealment op (cept at low levels when twinked, snipe is OP as hell).

Another fix might be to move spammable lightning a tier up. Now for those that think this would make leveling hard, lightning is stupidly easy to level with. I mean hell, compared to say a dps scoundrel at low levels, it is fantastic.

As a Sorc I never want cover, giving us more surviability is the wrong direction. We are not a tank and therefore do not stand in front of a jugg or PT trying to take them out. As much as I would like to return to pre1.2 when we were glass cannons those days are gone. We have never been unkillable I have played my sorc since the start. I could always be killed but pre1.2 people ran from me or tried to get me off guard to burst me down before I did it to them. After 1.2 all sorcs became free kills or forced to a hybrid spec. As for crying, sorcs are not the only ones, I have read many QQ's from every class (Merc, sorcs, pre1.2) Mara, juggs QQ bubble stun after 1.3 or 4. I have to say the only two classes I have not see a lot of crying from is PT's and Snipers (unless I missed the posts).

So lets be fair are sorcs the glass cannon people think they should be (not even close) even if they are full DPS spec and equiped out and permitted to stand and cast they do not put up good numbers. We are taken in huttball for our pull, we are taken in to ranked for our bubble stun (before 2.0 drops at least). In Lightning we have the best force regeneration but never need it as we have to keep moveing and all of our attacks have cast times or channel. In madness we can put out numbers but are always out of force. Why people have been running a hybrid build.

As far as tears go, the only ones crying here, are the sorcs. They want to go back to the way it was at launch, never being able to be killed, healing off each other to the point that no dps could kill them.

This is the myth that people like to perpetuate as fact. Sorcs were NEVER OP, people didn't know about things like interrupt, so it seems as if they were OP.

But maybe you forgot the Merc heatseakers being OP, or scrappers and conceal ops, lolshotting you?

Whatever dude, thanks to the ignorance and unfounded QQ sorcs have been nerfed hard for no good reason, and the real OP classes, like warriors and knights, vanguards/powertechs which have been on top for months on end now, get away without a nerf but they have to whinge a little about bubble stun and hey what a suprise it gets a nerf, but smash doesn't.

Don't try and call foul here, coz the only foul committed has been AGAINST sorcs.

Edited by Chemic_al

I'm convinced sorcs won't be satisfied until they can pull these shenanigans in this game as well.

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=167991

You've probably never played a Sorc then. I love my Sorc and I'll continue to play it through thick and thin, but yes they are in much need of a buff. I really don't get how so many people can be blind to how terrible this class really is. Sure it can pull great DPS numbers and good heals, but both of which only come from being left alone, in which any class can do that. Sorcerers have light armour (yes, the lowest) and only 2 defensive ability which blocks a mere 2-3k damage and a lame self heal which both are close to useless (not to mention bubble is halved in 2.0), alongside this, they have like the lowest burst of any class. People throw around the term 'glass-cannon' way too often, because right now we are just glass.

Defensive abilities; (excluding talents)

Sniper = 5 + Medium armour

Marauder = 4 + Medium armour

Juggernaut = 4 + Heavy armour

Assassin = 3 + Light armour

Operative = 3 + Medium armour

Powertech = 2 + Heavy armour

Mercenary = 2 + Heavy armour

Sorcerer = 2 + Light armour

Each of the 3 healing specs in this game are intended to be outweighed by melee to stop people being invincible.

Lightning tree can be easily shut down by interupts and keeps Sorc rooted to one spot.

Madness tree can also easily be shut down as the whole build revolves around Force Lightning.

Oh, and I have every one of those at level 50 except Merc, so the above is in no way bias.

See what I'm getting at?

Edited by WaldoA

"This is the myth that people like to perpetuate as fact. Sorcs were NEVER OP, people didn't know about things like interrupt, so it seems as if they were OP.

But maybe you forgot the Merc heatseakers being OP, or scrappers and conceal ops, lolshotting you?

Whatever dude, thanks to the ignorance and unfounded QQ sorcs have been nerfed hard for no good reason, and the real OP classes, like warriors and knights, vanguards/powertechs which have been on top for months on end now, get away without a nerf but they have to whinge a little about bubble stun and hey what a suprise it gets a nerf, but smash doesn't.

Don't try and call foul here, coz the only foul committed has been AGAINST sorcs."

Its no myth bud, let me tell you a story of fact. When I hit the 50 bracket on my commando, before commandos got waves of nerfs, me and four other dps were attacking one sorc. We could not kill the sorc no matter what we did. Why? He was healing himself while being healed by another sorc. The two of them sat at mid of civil war doing this the entire warzone. After that bioware nerfed them, so dont give me this bull that it was a myth lol. Also dont try to say it was just sorcs, sorcs got hit at the same time the sage did.

Now I am sure some troll will come along and give a whole list of interrupts blah blah blah of things we could have done. Insinuating that we did not know what we were doing. Well I hate to burst everyone's bubble but we were playing our class right. I was hardly the only dps that ran into that same problem with sorcs at the time.

I dont mind changes to a sorc that are needed, but giving them things like cover, or trying to boost them up like the way they were so they can sit at mid in civil war and heal each other the entire time is a bad idea.

"This is the myth that people like to perpetuate as fact. Sorcs were NEVER OP, people didn't know about things like interrupt, so it seems as if they were OP.

Don't try and call foul here, coz the only foul committed has been AGAINST sorcs."

Its no myth bud, let me tell you a story of fact. When I hit the 50 bracket on my commando, before commandos got waves of nerfs, me and four other dps were attacking one sorc. We could not kill the sorc no matter what we did. Why? He was healing himself while being healed by another sorc. The two of them sat at mid of civil war doing this the entire warzone. After that bioware nerfed them, so dont give me this bull that it was a myth lol. Also dont try to say it was just sorcs, sorcs got hit at the same time the sage did.

Now I am sure some troll will come along and give a whole list of interrupts blah blah blah of things we could have done. Insinuating that we did not know what we were doing. Well I hate to burst everyone's bubble but we were playing our class right. I was hardly the only dps that ran into that same problem with sorcs at the time.

I dont mind changes to a sorc that are needed, but giving them things like cover, or trying to boost them up like the way they were so they can sit at mid in civil war and heal each other the entire time is a bad idea.

4 dps Vs to healing sorcs before 1.2 and you could not stun or interupt the ehaling and burst them down? There has to be more to it. Others comeing by interupting but they were never that OP. The only time I recal the DPS tree being OP was in closed beta and they buffed surge or crit chance and reset the servers I was a killing machine but was quickly patched and taken away. As a DPS sorc in the lightning try I would not ask for more def like cover makes no since (but this is the forums when do they ever make any except the CS threads). Output could use a push if they are intended to be a glass cannon.

You've probably never played a Sorc then. I love my Sorc and I'll continue to play it through thick and thin, but yes they are in much need of a buff. I really don't get how so many people can be blind to how terrible this class really is. Sure it can pull great DPS numbers and good heals, but both of which only come from being left alone, in which any class can do that. Sorcerers have light armour (yes, the lowest) and only 2 defensive ability which blocks a mere 2-3k damage and a lame self heal which both are close to useless (not to mention bubble is halved in 2.0), alongside this, they have like the lowest burst of any class. People throw around the term 'glass-cannon' way too often, because right now we are just glass.

Defensive abilities; (excluding talents)

Sniper = 5 + Medium armour

Marauder = 4 + Medium armour

Juggernaut = 4 + Heavy armour

Assassin = 3 + Light armour

Operative = 3 + Medium armour

Powertech = 2 + Heavy armour

Mercenary = 2 + Heavy armour

Sorcerer = 2 + Light armour

Each of the 3 healing specs in this game are intended to be outweighed by melee to stop people being invincible.

Lightning tree can be easily shut down by interupts and keeps Sorc rooted to one spot.

Madness tree can also easily be shut down as the whole build revolves around Force Lightning.

Oh, and I have every one of those at level 50 except Merc, so the above is in no way bias.

See what I'm getting at?

what is a operatives 3rd defensive ability....

SHield(which is a bubble that be only cast on ourselves)

Dodge 3 Seconds(4 if ya got the set bonus) of WHite damage invulnerability and a cleanse wrapped into one.

what is a operatives 3rd defensive ability....

SHield(which is a bubble that be only cast on ourselves)

Dodge 3 Seconds(4 if ya got the set bonus) of WHite damage invulnerability and a cleanse wrapped into one.

I think I was referring to the fact they can vanish in combat.

And the point is?

1. You can easily top dmg meters in pugs as dps (you just said as much).

2. Other sorcs have admitted in this thread that the class is so good and easy at pve dps that "if you fail on one you should quit".

3. You are one of the REQUIRED heal classes in ranked. The other being OP/scoundrel

4. You are getting burst with lightning in 2.0 (yes I know this won't be your best spec in ranked, but it should be great for pug stomping).

Can any other healer/hybrid say the same thing? Scoundrel? Merc? Scoundrel isn't viable as pve dps, and they have burst, but overall dmg in a WZ is a joke. Merc isn't viable as ranked dps OR heals.

Add to this? A op/merc can't offheal at all in a WZ or they screw themselves over. The merc will lose LOS of his kill target. The op will self kite himself from the target, AND keep him/her self from restealthing.

So what is it that you want? Do you want to be better then a lethality sniper as dot spec? Fine. Lose all utility and make a shadow form. While in shadow form you can't heal or bubble anyone else. Since this class is just a carbon copy of a WoW shadow priest, you might as well add that caveat. I would say add offensive dispels on the bubbles (give them to offensive mercs so they have something they can do lol), but I know that would just cause the forums to explode from QQ.

This is what you people fail to undestand. If you want to play a burst mage? Play a MM sniper. If you want to play a burstier dot spec, play a lethality sniper. THAT is the mage class in this game. The sorc/sage is a priest class. It has the BEST dps spec for pugs of the healer hybrids.

You have nothing to complain about. If you want a "mage". Roll one. Double weekend xp rocks. I leveled my shadow in just BG's and he is like 40 with like 1500 ranked coms now. At 50 he will have a 5 pc legacy set from gree dailies that is already min maxed just from doing pvp dailes on other chars.

The sorc is a HEALER hybrid. Say it over and over again to yourself until you understand. It will always be balanced around ranked as a HEALER first. Viable as pug dps? That is just a bonus. You have it the best of the healer hybrids in pvp, and the best of all classes as far as raiding and pvp (with maybe the exception of jug tank/vengeance). Is it silly and unfair that jug's are the best pvp tank to guard healers, AND have a great pvp spec (a smash jug is very ranked viable, a smash marauder is not). Sure. I am not going to lose sleep over it though. It is one class in the game. I also know that MMO's need tanks and you have to keep pve players happy as well.

Calm down. Roll another class to 50 that you perceive is overpowered (never been a better time). See how it is. If you come back to the sorc/sage class? Come back to the forums and say you were wrong.

So many things that I see wrong with this.

1. I don't want to roll classes, I would like to play as the force master class that it is and be able to pew pew with lightning, not a blaster. Will you look at that with disdain? Most likely, since you only care about stats and results, not about any means.

2. Why offer DPS specializations if there is no intention of them ever being viable? They are not viable as a DPS specialization for sorcs. That is the main complaint that sorcs have with their class.

3. Because I am a Sorc, I am automatically a healer? So Jugs should only be tank spec since that is in their specialty and they can throw taunts? Same for assassins? PT's? Again, they offer trees so that you can play how you want, that's the point of a game right?

4. Even if I am a WoW clone of SP, I am still a useless slot filler. My DOT's tickle at best. I played a game (no video as I am too lazy to download the software, and don't care enough to record game by game cases to spout idiosyncratic **** on the internet, there is plenty of that to go around) in which a shadow repeatedly murdered me, we were playing on novare coast and wait for me to kite and support my team. All he would have to do is stun, and lay on the dps, and it was rinse and repeat. After the third time I started hunting for him by casting force storm with myself at the center, I would catch him, attempt to kite him, throw DOTs and use my usual rotation. His very words were "Your DOTs tickle", verifying that sorcs are not the only ones that recognize that we have a reason to throw our pity parties. Also a side note, I do wish we could go back to pre 1.2, in no sense of the word were we overpowered, we were just the most balanced at the time. As a matter of fact I posted this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3391825#post3391825

because I feared that we would be nerfed severely.

5. You complain that Sorcs are better at being hybrid? Why are we forced to play as heals? Because the community said so, because you said so? Hybrid DPS is our ONLY viability at playing in PvP. In PvE we still don't match other players, we can be content pew pewing over in the corner, but that is the extent of our DPS capability. When healing, yea, we can put some out, but to offset that, we are incredibly weak, a limp noodle can slap us and we have to back peddle in our healing cycles. That is what offsets our heals since you as a commando don't have to worry as much about a wet noodle, you are more capable to heal and take a hit.

6. Again, you are being a very good selective reader, while I did say that we can make the score board look pretty, we do not give our own team an advantage.

Allow me to put this in a real world analogy:

If you were trying to earn a lot of money, how would you go about it? Most likely you are going to work for wages, this is a fast and reliable way to earn money. This is how most classes in this game do DPS. You can get a stack of money and actually do something with it, ie. you can actually kill players in a reasonable amount of time. However, what if you can't work, but you have some money, you can buy bonds and earn interest in them. Slowly over time you will accumulate wealth, and in the end when you sell your bonds back you get your pretty stack of money. That is the way that sorcs work and how their DPS looks pretty. We don't get to play around any, we only get things in the end if we did good, our work does not offset the fate of that War-Zone.

Do commandos need some love? Yes, I do believe so, but to discredit other classes because of your overwhelming certainty that you are the only one with an incredible burden and posting in the forums QQing about other classes QQing is rather childish. Work to your own ends on your class and I will continue to try giving mine some love.

So many things that I see wrong with this.

1. I don't want to roll classes, I would like to play as the force master class that it is and be able to pew pew with lightning, not a blaster. Will you look at that with disdain? Most likely, since you only care about stats and results, not about any means.

2. Why offer DPS specializations if there is no intention of them ever being viable? They are not viable as a DPS specialization for sorcs. That is the main complaint that sorcs have with their class.

3. Because I am a Sorc, I am automatically a healer? So Jugs should only be tank spec since that is in their specialty and they can throw taunts? Same for assassins? PT's? Again, they offer trees so that you can play how you want, that's the point of a game right?

4. Even if I am a WoW clone of SP, I am still a useless slot filler. My DOT's tickle at best. I played a game (no video as I am too lazy to download the software, and don't care enough to record game by game cases to spout idiosyncratic **** on the internet, there is plenty of that to go around) in which a shadow repeatedly murdered me, we were playing on novare coast and wait for me to kite and support my team. All he would have to do is stun, and lay on the dps, and it was rinse and repeat. After the third time I started hunting for him by casting force storm with myself at the center, I would catch him, attempt to kite him, throw DOTs and use my usual rotation. His very words were "Your DOTs tickle", verifying that sorcs are not the only ones that recognize that we have a reason to throw our pity parties. Also a side note, I do wish we could go back to pre 1.2, in no sense of the word were we overpowered, we were just the most balanced at the time. As a matter of fact I posted this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3391825#post3391825

because I feared that we would be nerfed severely.

5. You complain that Sorcs are better at being hybrid? Why are we forced to play as heals? Because the community said so, because you said so? Hybrid DPS is our ONLY viability at playing in PvP. In PvE we still don't match other players, we can be content pew pewing over in the corner, but that is the extent of our DPS capability. When healing, yea, we can put some out, but to offset that, we are incredibly weak, a limp noodle can slap us and we have to back peddle in our healing cycles. That is what offsets our heals since you as a commando don't have to worry as much about a wet noodle, you are more capable to heal and take a hit.

6. Again, you are being a very good selective reader, while I did say that we can make the score board look pretty, we do not give our own team an advantage.

Allow me to put this in a real world analogy:

If you were trying to earn a lot of money, how would you go about it? Most likely you are going to work for wages, this is a fast and reliable way to earn money. This is how most classes in this game do DPS. You can get a stack of money and actually do something with it, ie. you can actually kill players in a reasonable amount of time. However, what if you can't work, but you have some money, you can buy bonds and earn interest in them. Slowly over time you will accumulate wealth, and in the end when you sell your bonds back you get your pretty stack of money. That is the way that sorcs work and how their DPS looks pretty. We don't get to play around any, we only get things in the end if we did good, our work does not offset the fate of that War-Zone.

Do commandos need some love? Yes, I do believe so, but to discredit other classes because of your overwhelming certainty that you are the only one with an incredible burden and posting in the forums QQing about other classes QQing is rather childish. Work to your own ends on your class and I will continue to try giving mine some love.

Jugs are the ONLY class that gets to choose between dps/tank in ranked. Funny that you should use that example!

Merc/commando? Not invited in any spec.

Scoundrel/op? Heal only, oh yeah and their dps spec sucks for raiding to, unlike a sorc/sage who is very viable in 3 freakin dps specs, madness, hybrid, lightning. YOU POOR SORCS!

Sin/shadow? Hybrid tank only, and they sit at a node defending it. WOO HOO FUN!

Marauder/sent? Carnage only and brought for group sprint. Yeah a dps class with one viable ranked pvp tree. Cool eh?

PT/Vanguard? Pyro PT or go home. Their tank tree is a joke in rateds and their other dps tree might be the worst in the game in pvp. Doesn't stop sorc's from crying about pyro pt though does it?

Sniper/gunslinger? Almost all play lethality atm. Again a dps only class pigeonholed into one spec. This may change in 2.0, with Marks/engineering looking much better.

If you want to cry about a class? Cry about Jug's/Guardians. Everyone else is in the same boat in RATED. Of course I could care less about Jug's and if they are only given one viable spec, I am just making a point.

Sorcs simply have it as good or better then all AC's in this game in all facets of the game, with the exception of one class and that is a tank. If you don't plan on tanking? Sorc is still the best choice for doing EVERYTHING well.