If there was a third faction.. what would you want it to be?

Anysao

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think an 'underworld faction' might be interesting...It would give smugglers and bounty hunters the choice of which main side to join...I've always liked the idea of an imperial smuggler...I play one, but being force to be a rep, isn't as much fun for me. I'm pretty sure I've heard some BH's with a similar lament, they want to be Rep, or work for both.

Having an underworld faction that includes different classes of shady sorts, could also give BH's something to do, as maybe putting up 'bounties' on other players might be interesting, for example on pvp server's they can fight each other...if the prey wins, their bounty is wiped and if the BH wins, he gets a token or something for an item...could work on pve servers too.

The Witches would more likely be an add on to the empire because they are darkside force users.

The third faction could be mandalorians like Xboxlax said because there is a flashpoint about how they break away from the empire.

that isnt an issue....u can be either faction and be light OR darkside

my vote is on Black Sun aswell, since its present in atleast the novel Fatal Alliance.

maybe instead of dark/light alliance you have empire -/ republic as +

that depending on alliance rating will decide what version of flashpoints/missions you get to play.

that some of the specialized classes we have get mixed.

perhaps instead of lightsabers have abilities for the blades/staffs.

A 3rd faction is not hard in fact Bounty hunters and smuggles should have been there to begin with. Face it a smuggle would never work exclusively for the Republic and a bounty hunter would not work just for Sith either.

Current

Jedi Knight - Consular - Trooper -Smuggler

Sith Warrior - Inquisitor - Bounty - Agent

Should be

Jedi Knight - Consular - Agent (SIS)

Warrior - Inquisitor - Agent (Imp)

Smuggler - Bounty - Trooper

Or

Jedi Knight - Consular - Agent (SIS) - Trooper

Sith Warrior - Inquisitor - Agent (Imp) - Trooper

Fallen - Smuggler - Bounty - Merc

(Fallen Are simply those that ran away from the Temple or Academy.)

Simple don't know why everyone is making this so hard.

• 1 year later...

The Underworld definitely would be it. If you think about story wise it makes sense since the Makeb expansion the Hutts showed they can make a power play in the war. Honestly for Bounty Hunter players they're about 50/50 fitting in with the Empire and the same for Smugglers in the Republic.

The Bounty Hunter's story already would be fine for the Underworld as it has very little major Imperial/Sith influence. The Smuggler's would need to be tweeked, but still could work. By doing this Bioware could have a new Force user story line where you have a Force user Privateer that was either expelled from the Jedi Order or dropped out of the Academy on Korriban that uses Force techniques with "unorthodox" methods of fighting from the Underworld factions. For a fourth class I really don't know of any definite ones other than something along the lines of a hired assassin or goon (could be a Force user or could be a none that uses close range combat/weapons and a lot of tech abilities).

This way it opens spots on the Republic and Empire for a Imperial Trooper and Republic SIS agent.

It's a far shot, but would be really interesting story and play wise like when Empire at War made the Zann Consortium

Necro.......

Oh well, i'll play along. The Trade Federation. It would be a neutral faction working inside both the empire and the republic and on neutral worlds making money on the war. Behind the lines they will try to keep the war balanced to make it go on forever so they can keep profitering on the war.

4 new classes - 4 new class stories ? i just dont see it coming. Maybe some way of defecting from empire and republic to this new faction. Maybe just a npc facttion with a nice faction related story and a planet or two and a tradestation.

Ha, talk about a double-necro.

I was browsing the Community forums when I saw this thread. Out of curiosity I clicked it...

Only to discover it was my thread from last year!

Ha ha, whoever necro'd this, thanks!

And oh dear Force how bad my grammarisms were back then...