Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

How far have you completed of the Light vs. Dark Event

josephxp

I didn't switch off my chat and was verbally abused for trying my best. There was no healer on my teams, so I thought to guard the person with the lowest hp, as I was a tank. I tried my best, and came up around the middle point of the standings at the end. I was not the best, nor was I the worst, but there was a couple of different people who thought they should take it upon themselves to be complete and utter *ssh*les to me. In fact before I went into it, I took a moment to read some advice on the pvp forum. In the forum everyone seems lovely and helpful all of them Dr. Jekylls. You get into the WZ and you meet up with a pack of Mr. Hydes.

I will give you this, put the nasty jerks on IGNORE. That *is* good advice. I endured the abuse and it upset me enough that I forgot that an ignore function existed until I was done. That's why I also said to turn off the chat, because people aren't nice. I tried to be nice to people and explained that I would do my best and they took that as their personal invitation to reem me into next week for existing, to the point of even insulting what I do and am like in real life, just because I don't mash keys to their satisfaction. PVP here is full of psychopaths. Not all, but enough that there is no way in god's green earth that I will EVER do it again here.

I had thought after 3 and 1 /2 years that things might have changed. EEEE! Wrong answer, thanks for playing. Nothing has changed.

Yeah, I play as Tank too and I know how that feels. I haven't done the PvPs for DvL but I'm gonna turn off the chat as well, especially in that 4v4. :mad:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm... what? I mean yeah, there is no romance for player, but the story doesn't suck >_> I've been personally enjoying both the personal story and the world arcs (though to be fair, I have only gotten far into Altmer dominion story, only did a bit of starting areas for Ebonheart and Daggerfall, but they seemed pretty interesting as well.

and I thought a lot of the side quest arcs are what SWTOR originally started out as, maybe even a bit more epic in some ways.

Anyways, all I'm saying is ESO actualy has better story than people give it credit for and damn nice voice acting.

The game with the best story and dialogue imo is TSW.

Yes, I mean even compared against single player games. I'd give Witcher 3 9.9/10 and TSW the only 10/10 I've ever given a game for story.

Edited by AshlaBoga
typo

Yes, I mean even compared against single player games. I'd give Witcher 3 9.9/10 and TSW the only 10/10 I've ever given a game for story.

If only the character wasn't mute, yeah I agree with you. I liked that game, but eventually everything looked bleak and ended up depressing me. :(

I didn't switch off my chat and was verbally abused for trying my best. There was no healer on my teams, so I thought to guard the person with the lowest hp, as I was a tank. I tried my best, and came up around the middle point of the standings at the end. I was not the best, nor was I the worst, but there was a couple of different people who thought they should take it upon themselves to be complete and utter *ssh*les to me. In fact before I went into it, I took a moment to read some advice on the pvp forum. In the forum everyone seems lovely and helpful all of them Dr. Jekylls. You get into the WZ and you meet up with a pack of Mr. Hydes.

I will give you this, put the nasty jerks on IGNORE. That *is* good advice. I endured the abuse and it upset me enough that I forgot that an ignore function existed until I was done. That's why I also said to turn off the chat, because people aren't nice. I tried to be nice to people and explained that I would do my best and they took that as their personal invitation to reem me into next week for existing, to the point of even insulting what I do and am like in real life, just because I don't mash keys to their satisfaction. PVP here is full of psychopaths. Not all, but enough that there is no way in god's green earth that I will EVER do it again here.

I had thought after 3 and 1 /2 years that things might have changed. EEEE! Wrong answer, thanks for playing. Nothing has changed.

Resized to recude the great wall of text.

Luna, I'm really sorry that toxicity was your experience.

In my experience on Shadowlands, (I PvP in lowbie and midbie level ranges instead of going up into the 65 on my LvD characters,) while some people might post in chat about how the team is sucking in about every tenth match (and usually at about my three o'clock hour which is the server's six o'clock hour), and people usually just call out "East/Right" "West/Left" "North" "South" "mid" and maybe a few other calls.

Valor 5 might take the introductory quest, the daily, and maybe part way into the weekly if you pick the weekly up with the daily.

GSF, on another hand is also a bunch of friendly people for the most part as well, or at least on Impside of Shadowlands I've seen a really friendly GSF crowd with a chat channel people can post questions into and get answers or even just check in on the queue.

Resized to recude the great wall of text.

Luna, I'm really sorry that toxicity was your experience.

In my experience on Shadowlands, (I PvP in lowbie and midbie level ranges instead of going up into the 65 on my LvD characters,) while some people might post in chat about how the team is sucking in about every tenth match (and usually at about my three o'clock hour which is the server's six o'clock hour), and people usually just call out "East/Right" "West/Left" "North" "South" "mid" and maybe a few other calls.

Valor 5 might take the introductory quest, the daily, and maybe part way into the weekly if you pick the weekly up with the daily.

GSF, on another hand is also a bunch of friendly people for the most part as well, or at least on Impside of Shadowlands I've seen a really friendly GSF crowd with a chat channel people can post questions into and get answers or even just check in on the queue.

Thanks LyraineAlei :) I play on Shadowlands too, but I did go into it with my LvD 65. Afterwards, I heard people saying that lowbie pvp is more forgiving, but at that point I had my fulfilled my req for the event and yeah, I really don't want to go back looking for more. The very first pvp server I joined was Lord Calypho and that one actually wasn't too bad, as player attitudes...but after my hubby went to Krayt Dragon pve server, I decided to follow cause our friend lived across the world and we had a hard time sinking up times to play, because we're from Canada. I tried the wz's on Krayt Dragon, but it was pretty awful, so I quit pvp. I haven't looked back really, I prefer pve servers to the gankfests, and overall Shadowlands is a very nice server for most things, I just had very bad experiences with the pvp aspect.

You offer some nice advice there, which I'm sure will help many. :)

My advice to you is get a valor xp boost thing, apply it, queue up and keep your chat off. Nothing has changed in PVP here, it's still toxic and probably the most horrible experience in the game. With the boost, you should be able to clear this hurdle in 2-3 matches. Don't leave the match before it ends, or it won't count. Good luck to you.

May run into the occasional "this sucks" or w/e in chat but no irate behavior that our imaginations seem to conjure up when we see the acronym "pvp" . I mean it can happen obviously (seemed to happen to you so that sucks) but based off my personal experience its so rare in lowbie and midbies, (lvl 65 pvp and ranked is where most toxic players settle into)

Edited by DenariusJay

its definitely good. I don't know if I would call it best (I actualy didn't get caught up in it as much as I have in a LOT of other games), but its good. but ... I was talking about ESO story being better than people give it credit for and ESO actualy having a good story rather then a bad one, not whether its best or anything.

P.S. to take it back o topic. realizing that I'm really not a fan of male VO for Sith inquisitor. I might be spoiled by female version, but.. for all that inquisitor is one of my fave class stories, I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would :/

May run into the occasional "this sucks" or w/e in chat but no irate behavior that our imaginations seem to conjure up when we see the acronym "pvp" . I mean it can happen obviously (seemed to happen to you so that sucks) but based off my personal experience its so rare in lowbie and midbies, (lvl 65 pvp and ranked is where most toxic players settle into)

Well, if anything, hopefully, this will help others who still have to do this part to know that it's best done in the low-mid levels. I'm hoping they'll have a better experience doing it that way. :) Doing at 65 like I did...was awful, especially with the anxiety issues I have. I still question myself, what was I thinking. :(:confused:

Edited by Lunafox

Well, if anything, hopefully, this will help others who still have to do this part to know that it's best done in the low-mid levels. I'm hoping they'll have a better experience doing it that way. :) Doing at 65 like I did...was awful, especially with the anxiety issues I have. I still question myself, what was I thinking. :(:confused:

it can definitely get pretty bad at lvl 65, especially if you don't have pvp, or at least decent bolster set of gear.

in lowbies its usually assumed that you are learning so people are pretty chill. in my experience, its rare that you run into someone who gets toxic, and they more often then not - get shut down by everyone else. to the point where I actualy kinda enjoy leveling through pvp.

If only the character wasn't mute, yeah I agree with you. I liked that game, but eventually everything looked bleak and ended up depressing me. :(

Oh it has tons of non-bleak stuff. But yeah, it starts off with a terrorist attack that is essential 9/11 with black magic. Obviously it's hard to keep it cheery all the time.

Still, there's some fun stuff like a bunch of video game nerds who grab chainsaws and survive a monster attack, a posh 5000 year old mummy who adopts a British accent just because he can, Illuminati who drink martinis while ask if you could collect your dead coworkers because their GPS chip is still in their skull...

EDIT: I forgot, Dream World Dance off!

Edited by AshlaBoga

Done all currently achievable stuff bellow Legendary (missing the chapter, naturally), and some of the Legendary achievements. I doubt I'll fill them all however (crafting, I despise it. the most boring part of the entire game for me).

I think I'm at like 33%. I won't be doing legendary tier, no way. So by tomorrow I'll have finished everything other than Legendary.

I started a new character on a new server to see what the game is like when you start with no Legacy buffs, and because I'm hoping to get some account-wide unlocks. It is an interesting experience. My perspective on a lot of the game has changed as a result.

There is no Light vs Dark Event, it's Dark vs. Light, just look at in game achievements. Why does everyone reverse the title?

Completing chapter 16 will complete Champion and Eternal. I"m not going for Legendary.

Edited by RameiArashi

I'm at about 13% I think, so still have a ways to go. I'm only aiming for the Eternal tier though.

I got the rank 5 valor requirement out of the way early on, and I'm glad I did. I'm terrified of PvP and had no idea what I was doing, but I joined the lowest level bracket and as far as I could tell a lot of the players around me had no idea what they were doing either. Two matches (one win) and a valor boost was all it took me, and my first team even got a "well done guys" chat message at the end. My first match I was at the bottom of the leader board of course, and I must have died at least 16 times. The second I somehow managed to make it 4th place, which I was pretty excited about, but I'm going to assume that I got lucky, because there's no way I became a hutt ball champion overnight. :p In spite of my positive experience I doubt I will ever PvP again. It was hectic and kind of stressful.

Edited by CloudCastle