Gormak Crystal Alpha Wave Inhibitor schematics gone

phalczen

1) Consumables (the artifice and the armstech versions) are still present if you made them before 4.0, however,

2) The schematics are gone from my crafting UI (not even in Archive section), and,

3) The Rakata version of the consumable that could be purchased outright with basic comms (or common data crystals) is also gone from the Ilum vendor, so ...

4) Is it still needed for the nightmare pilgrim or should i just count this as yet another bug with 4.0?

*Sigh* I finally got around to buying those schematics the other day. It would have been nice of them to mention they were being removed in the Crafting Blog where they discussed other things they were removing. I'm starting to think it would have been easier for the devs to make a blog saying what they *weren't* deleting.

• 3 weeks later...
I've heard a 50/50 split on this. Some people saying it's needed and those saying it isn't are trolling. I attempted it with 16 man last weekend and I don't think we were dying to raid-wide damage. I think people were getting one shot by mechanics (attacking the dog with blood mark, etc.) But if this is still needed, I would like to know before we attempt it again.

He still does Mental Assault, it just doesn't one-shot you anymore. The reason people keep dying is because they've gotten so used to face-rolling this fight, they don't bring the right comp. You need a 16-person Ops group with 3 tanks (and preferably an off-tank for worst-case scenario of both dog tanks getting marked) and 4 heals, and you have to bring your A game. The enrage timer is really tight, and if you don't know(and follow) the mechanics, you're just going to keep dying. This is a Nightmare-level encounter, not just a regular tank-and-spank world boss.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
They were good in PVP

:mad:

Are you sure we're talking about the same thing?

He must be talking about the secret power up in Novare Coast which turns you into The Thing From The Stars. You can one-shot the enemy team unless they're wearing the Alpha Wave inhibitor.

:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

He must be talking about the secret power up in Novare Coast which turns you into The Thing From The Stars. You can one-shot the enemy team unless they're wearing the Alpha Wave inhibitor.

:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

Can you PM me the secret?

Me wantz to own0r noobz at da Pee Vee Pee too!

• 4 weeks later...
He still does Mental Assault, it just doesn't one-shot you anymore. The reason people keep dying is because they've gotten so used to face-rolling this fight, they don't bring the right comp. You need a 16-person Ops group with 3 tanks (and preferably an off-tank for worst-case scenario of both dog tanks getting marked) and 4 heals, and you have to bring your A game. The enrage timer is really tight, and if you don't know(and follow) the mechanics, you're just going to keep dying. This is a Nightmare-level encounter, not just a regular tank-and-spank world boss.

So, they once again killed lower-level content to get out a challenge for end-game players ?

I'm not surprised. Not at all, considering how much they had deleted already which had been a challenge for low-level characters to make it rather a challenge for end-game characters.

They are destroying more and more lower-level content. :mad:

So, they once again killed lower-level content to get out a challenge for end-game players ?

You are confused. Nightmare Pilgrim was never "lower-level content". It was designed as a challenge for end-game players from the start. Compared to any other world boss, is has more complex mechanics and requires more skill.

The only reason it ever seemed "easy" was due to a max-level group being 10 levels higher than the boss, and having an extraordinary amount of damage resistance and ability to ignore mechanics. Level sync merely changed that encounter to be like it was originally.

You're an odd fellow, Alrik.

Sometimes you could have had a valid point (e.g. lower-level content challenge has been killed), but then you mix it up with your rabid, ravenous and extreme hatred of anything that you perceive as "elitism" -- then your argument goes out the window.

/le sigh

Edited by Khevar