Just starting out with crew skills, any recommendations on which to choose?

Arilyn

I have mostly healing class characters. Is it worth the time, etc, to even partake in crew skills? Just the little I have read seems very split on the subject. Thanks.

Crafting does what it does. You just have to spend a little time figuring out if you want to make what the skill allows (and this includes schematics that might be available elsewhere, not just what the trainers have).

If you want to craft for credits then you will be looking at things through a different lens than if you just want to craft for yourself, but there are points on the scale in-between those two extremes. It isn't strictly one or the other.

And if you do choose to craft, then I would also take the associated gathering and mission skills. It's just easier that way.

If you do not want to bother with crafting, then I suggest slicing first and foremost. Not only is it just money sitting around waiting to be collected, but it can run missions for sliced tech parts which crafting skills use for different things.

After that I would take two gathering skills. Simple "collect as you go" stuff that you can sell to crafters on the GTN for more money.

Two of archaeology (used by artificers and synthweavers), bioanalysis (used by biochemists), and scavenging (used by armormechs, armstechs, and cybertechs).

You should absolutely take something. There is no point in letting the crew skill slots sit empty.

Whether you want to craft or not, though, is entirely up to you.

Me? My main is a trooper armormech.

I craft an occasional bit for the market but mostly I just like being able to wear armor that I made myself. I like being able to craft gear for my BH (my Imperial main). If I decide to remake my smuggler then they will almost certainly be wearing gear made by my trooper.

That's what I like.

I do not need to justify that to anyone. No one else has to think that it's okay. :t_cool: