Server Transfer are they coming next week the 25th?

Scriffle

Is this still the plan bioware , can you please confirm that they are coming?

I really want to transfer some toons for pvp. :)

Please don't tell there is again a delay on the transfers...

Edited by Scriffle

So far there's been no major announcement other than they were not coming with 2.2. (Maybe 2.2.1) So unless 2.3 is on it's way, and it is listed in the patch notes some where, I would not get my hopes up.

*Edit to show what was meant to be said. Had multiple convos happening at once. Yes, 2.2.1 oe 2.2.2 would b e nice, but I just have a gut feeling it will just get pushed to 2.3.

Edited by Superman_AZ

So far there's been no major announcement other than they are not coming with 2.2. So unless 2.3 is on it's way, and it is listed in the patch notes some where, I would not get my hopes up.

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you an update on Paid Character Transfers since I know you have been curious about it with the delay of 2.2. Unfortunately, we have come across some bugs that are present with Character Transfers, specifically around Achievements. We definitely want to insure that we are providing the best service possible when you pay to transfer your character.

Know that unlike Game Update 2.2, fixing this is a bit more involved and so Paid Character Transfers will no longer be launching with 2.2. This is entirely subject to change as we work through it, but the next likely launch target is 2.2.1. I apologize for the delay on this, I know many of you were looking forward to transferring your characters this week. We will get it out as soon as we can!

-eric

Not holding them to 2.2.1, but hopefully we can get a response one way or the other...

:rak_03:

Edited by Pistols

I have almost no reason to play this game, my only hope now is on these transfers (2.4 is too far away), so I really hope they won't delay it again. I don't give a sh11t about achievements (except my buffs, I want my buffs), I just want to transfer as soon as possible. Edited by JeffSantos

I have almost no reason to play this game, my only hope now is on these transfers (2.4 is too far away), so I really hope they won't delay it again. I don't give a sh11t about achievements (except my buffs, I want my buffs), I just want to transfer as soon as possible.

I would guess...and mind you this is just a guess...that your buffs would be based on the classes you have on a particular server. So if you had all 4 class types on Harbringer, for example, and transferred a smuggler to Shadowlands, I would think that you would just have your smuggler buff on your new server. That would be my guess, but we'll have to wait and see how they do this.

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you an update on Paid Character Transfers since I know you have been curious about it with the delay of 2.2. Unfortunately, we have come across some bugs that are present with Character Transfers, specifically around Achievements. We definitely want to insure that we are providing the best service possible when you pay to transfer your character.

Know that unlike Game Update 2.2, fixing this is a bit more involved and so Paid Character Transfers will no longer be launching with 2.2. This is entirely subject to change as we work through it, but the next likely launch target is 2.2.1. I apologize for the delay on this, I know many of you were looking forward to transferring your characters this week. We will get it out as soon as we can!

-eric

Not holding them to 2.2.1, but hopefully we can get a response one way or the other...

Im betting either revans set or transfers will be delayed.

I would guess...and mind you this is just a guess...that your buffs would be based on the classes you have on a particular server. So if you had all 4 class types on Harbringer, for example, and transferred a smuggler to Shadowlands, I would think that you would just have your smuggler buff on your new server. That would be my guess, but we'll have to wait and see how they do this.

No, its not like that. If you have all 4 buffs (which is my case), any toon that you transfer will carry these 4 buffs. Developers already confirmed that.

If it comes..

it comes.. they won't promise anything beyond that..

I'd rather have them delay and get it right then release it and have too many problems ..be a far bigger issue if server transfers screwed up someones hundreds of hours put into developing a toon. There is going to be people ************ about the way its implemented anyways so they might as well get things as correct as they can 1st.

Not holding them to 2.2.1, but hopefully we can get a response one way or the other... :rak_03:

True. An update would certainly be appreciated. I have no dog in this fight, but I know people who do and I am sure any kind of update would be welcomed.

Edited by Superman_AZ

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Yes, Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1. The reason we didn't post anything about it is that simply put, nothing changed. I will typically only post about something changing from what I had already stated previously.

Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1 which is targeted for next Tuesday, June 25th. I will let you know if anything changes, the second it changes.

-eric

If it comes..

it comes.. they won't promise anything beyond that..

I'd rather have them delay and get it right then release it and have too many problems ..be a far bigger issue if server transfers screwed up someones hundreds of hours put into developing a toon. There is going to be people ************ about the way its implemented anyways so they might as well get things as correct as they can 1st.

Nobody is asking for a promise....just an update on whether or not it might be on track for 2.2.1.

Also, in regards to screwing up toons, most of the transfers are "copies" of characters, so even if something screwy were to happen in the process, the original copy on the origin server would ensure the original toon and the contents.

Edited by Pistols

Hey folks,

Yes, Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1. The reason we didn't post anything about it is that simply put, nothing changed. I will typically only post about something changing from what I had already stated previously.

Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1 which is targeted for next Tuesday, June 25th. I will let you know if anything changes, the second it changes.

-eric

Thanks Eric.

Hey folks,

-eric

we are all worried because you guys have had nearly 2 years to make this happen and not only do you drop the ball you kick it out into traffic.

I mean i was all set to transfer to a new guild to start Nightmare modes... and you guys screwed not only me but everyone in the guild i am joining.

The onyl reason i am not stopping my account is because you guys screwed the pooch on NiM TFB anyways so there is no real loss at this point.

Edited by Hizoka

No, its not like that. If you have all 4 buffs (which is my case), any toon that you transfer will carry these 4 buffs. Developers already confirmed that.

That would be great...do you happen to have a source for that? I haven't seen it (that I recall) and would like to see the details.

Thanks for the confirmation that the 25th is the planned date, Eric.

we are all worried because you guys have had nearly 2 years to make this happen and not only do you drop the ball you kick it out into traffic.

I mean i was all set to transfer to a new guild to start Nightmare modes... and you guys screwed not only me but everyone in the guild i am joining.

The onyl reason i am not stopping my account is because you guys screwed the pooch on NiM TFB anyways so there is no real loss at this point.

Really? We finally coax them out for an answer and you have to swoop in like a jerk? How about a more succinct and less snarky comment next time? Next time just type "It's about time" and walk away. We're in here sincerely looking for a response and you just want to throw a punch or two. It's no wonder we have issues getting Devs to answer in threads.

Really? We finally coax them out for an answer and you have to swoop in like a jerk? How about a more succinct and less snarky comment next time? Next time just type "It's about time" and walk away. We're in here sincerely looking for a response and you just want to throw a punch or two. It's no wonder we have issues getting Devs to answer in threads.

I usually disagree with Superman, because he wears tights, but I have to agree here.

I usually disagree with Superman, because he wears tights, but I have to agree here.

lol thanks. Fortunately, it is no longer blue spandex with the red underwear on the outside. The new flexible blue ringmail suit is pretty nice :) Already saw the new one in 3D... twice :)

On Topic: Thank you. Some of us are actually appreciative of a Dev or CM taking time out to respond to our questions. Other sites, like Battle Net, you get a Dev response in silly threads only. At least the BWEA Devs are kind enough to take a minute and give an honest answer to a sincere question. It's people like Hizoka that makes Devs leery to even respond at all. Some people's kids. No friggin' manners.

Edited by Superman_AZ

Hey folks,

-eric

any chance to get transfers from EU to US servers?

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you so much for this answer. Really hope that nothing changes, I'm dying to transfer my toons to a pvp server.

Hi!

Today must be your first day on the forum.

Welcome! :p

Yeah, well, the damage is already done, so some of us have nothing else but snarkiness up our sleeve. What, do you want me to be grateful for a triple A MMO to have char transfers in 2013?

P.S. - why are you writing in blue font, makes you look like a clown or one of those degenerate bronies.

Edited by Krewel