Operative, medicine tree needs buff for pve

Shroudveil

to be exact i think sorc bubble is around 3.4k with decent gear and probe ~1.8-2k.

aslo bubble has 0 cd to be put to someone else and 17sec cd to reapplied to same person while we have 1min to reapply only to ourselves.

they are not even close to what each other does.

Point being for a 1min cd that only effects ourself it should probably be a little more deffensive then a shield that can barely stand up to a single hit.

Even % shields end up providing more def then our shield probe and probably prevent more dmg over a long term then our shields *cough merc *cough* and those fkrs get to wear heavy armor so there already taking less dmg then us.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point being for a 1min cd that only effects ourself it should probably be a little more deffensive then a shield that can barely stand up to a single hit.

Even % shields end up providing more def then our shield probe and probably prevent more dmg over a long term then our shields *cough merc *cough* and those fkrs get to wear heavy armor so there already taking less dmg then us.

i proposed someplace that the talent that gives +healing received to be changed to +healing done.

this would make it a useful healing CD for heal specs at least.

lethality speced operatives have much lower cd on theirs so they are fine imo

concealment.. i don't know, i would believe giving them a talent that made them immune to movement imparing effects (kb, pull, slow, root) while it is up would be really sweet.

i proposed someplace that the talent that gives +healing received to be changed to +healing done.

this would make it a useful healing CD for heal specs at least.

lethality speced operatives have much lower cd on theirs so they are fine imo

concealment.. i don't know, i would believe giving them a talent that made them immune to movement imparing effects (kb, pull, slow, root) while it is up would be really sweet.

Our whole healing tree needs work imo compared to sorcs and mercs just feels like theres synergizes better. I just looked over the merc but I have a 50 sorc to and that just feels like the synergy is loads better then ours.

They did a good job with conceal tree not posotive on leathality never played it other then hybrid with mainly healer focused for the extra energy regen.

It also feels like they forget that for us to add to a fight other then heals were limited to 10m including our interupt and cc sure we got a dot and pew pew we can do from 30m like the other healers but they can also help with cc and interupts from 30m out which imo should be looked into.

/signed

Hopefully we get some visablity with the devs and hopefully at a bare minimum some acknowledgement that they realize there are in fact serious problems with broken abilities and a sub-par healing tree (comparatively speaking).

• 4 years later...

I concur.

Since 4.0 the BIG problem for me is is that operative (I don't play pub side but I assume its the same scenario) is horribly under-performing. I don't mean to boast but I consider myself a very experienced and an amazing operative healer. But since 4.0 it is much harder to heal. My parse numbers are consistently 2-4k lower than my peers (usually merc or sorc). Simply b/c I can play an op healer so well can I manage to support the team. Barely.

I'm not a number cruncher or a statistical analysis, but I wanted to throw in my two cents on this matter. I'd love to hear feedback from devs regarding this.

Edited by Funky_Munky

Operatives in 4.3 are by far the best AoE healing class in PvE. They out heal Mercs and Sorcs seen here: https://torcommunity.com/guides/miscellaneous/class-rankings#hps-rankings

When it comes healing a full raid, Mercs/Sorcs don't even come CLOSE to the HPS capability of Operatives. Just because you can't solo heal a whole raid doesn't mean they need a buff. According to these numbers they need a nerf. Take Merc/Sorc to mitigate single target burst damage along side an Operative to handle all the cleave damage.

Profit.

Operatives in 4.3 are by far the best AoE healing class in PvE. They out heal Mercs and Sorcs seen here: https://torcommunity.com/guides/miscellaneous/class-rankings#hps-rankings

When it comes healing a full raid, Mercs/Sorcs don't even come CLOSE to the HPS capability of Operatives. Just because you can't solo heal a whole raid doesn't mean they need a buff. According to these numbers they need a nerf. Take Merc/Sorc to mitigate single target burst damage along side an Operative to handle all the cleave damage.

Profit.

Yeah I agree should nerf ops:p

• 2 weeks later...

Profit.

eHPS > HPS.

Ops are notorious for overhealing. But to get high eHPS as a Op, you have to assume you won't get interrupted/tunneled and everyone in range for maximum effectiveness i.e. 4 people get RN, at least 4 people get Wave, etc.

The problem is not numbers, it's the mechanics around how Operative heal is what makes them so bad. The fact that roaming mend can travel 80m. That the only smart heal OPs have is only 10m while other classes are 30m. Smart healing is just too good for Merc and Sorcs. There's no changing values to make healers on par, especially in ranked. You'd have to redesign Op healing for it to work. Unlike Sorcs, Ops don't have a button to have Insta Crits. Our Injection + Surgical combo is not as good as Dark Infusion + Dark Heal combo. Our Insta cast abilities do less healing than a Sorcs Insta ability. We have no interrupt immunity, they do. We don't have 2 CC breaks, they do. Their utilities can actually apply to their healing spec while Op utilities blow.

List goes on and on. It's not the numbers, but the way or means to get numbers that make Ops at a disadvantage.

-Te'fia

eHPS > HPS.

Ops are notorious for overhealing. But to get high eHPS as a Op, you have to assume you won't get interrupted/tunneled and everyone in range for maximum effectiveness i.e. 4 people get RN, at least 4 people get Wave, etc.

The problem is not numbers, it's the mechanics around how Operative heal is what makes them so bad. The fact that roaming mend can travel 80m. That the only smart heal OPs have is only 10m while other classes are 30m. Smart healing is just too good for Merc and Sorcs. There's no changing values to make healers on par, especially in ranked. You'd have to redesign Op healing for it to work. Unlike Sorcs, Ops don't have a button to have Insta Crits. Our Injection + Surgical combo is not as good as Dark Infusion + Dark Heal combo. Our Insta cast abilities do less healing than a Sorcs Insta ability. We have no interrupt immunity, they do. We don't have 2 CC breaks, they do. Their utilities can actually apply to their healing spec while Op utilities blow.

List goes on and on. It's not the numbers, but the way or means to get numbers that make Ops at a disadvantage.

-Te'fia

Yup is this is why sorcs should never be the hardest hitting healer the way they heal is very very easy to apply in all situations. Hardly anyone ever takes that into consideration. While I really disliked the flavor of forever op healers from the past it was much easier to actually beat some on a sorc or merc simply due to how they healed it was mostly the higher end players that would crush ppl along with having a guard. On top of the fact that surgical probe was far to strong and had no set up requirement like it does now with next to no real energy management .

Operative heals needs a buff in pvp too not just pve. In both situations operatives lack in burst healing. During focus fire or in burn phases the only way we can keep a single target alive is to get all 3 hots rolling (nanotech, kolto infusion, two stacks of kolto probe) while spamming the crap out of kolto injection + surgical probe (immediately after injection finishes casting). Doing this of course, you'll quickly run out of energy.

To fix operative healing all that I think really needs to be done is make kolto injection, which is operatives only bursty heal, (if it crits) have it's cast time lowered to 1.5s (down from 2.0 s) and it's energy cost reduced to compensate, but keep the amount it heals for the same. Likewise if operatives spam kolto injection, (which is necessary since hots take a while to heal a target up,) operatives run out of energy too quickly. As the original poster suggested, the energy gained from diagnostic scan crits should be increased. 10 energy per crit might be too much to ask for, but at the very minimum the amount of energy gained from diagnostic scan crits should be at least 5 instead of 2. For pvp, Kolto Infusion should be able to be cast while running, since mercs and sorcs can cast their main heal while running and since diagnostic scan, surgical probe, recuperative nanotech, and probes alone aren't sufficient at keeping any target alive in burn or under focus fire if heavy movement is required.

Edited by Zero_Unlimited