Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Zerileth
05.25.2019 , 01:12 PM | #9631
This is sad, and funny.

Red Reaper master mode: I'm on my op healer. The tank is taking forever to load in. Another op DPS stealths through that first group and gets immediately pulled by the group that spawns down the hall. I start running toward her but she quickly melts. I try to rez, and I melt. Then the other DPS gets there and melts. So... we're all in combat, 3 of us dead on the floor. We can't rez because tank is still loading in. Tank then comes up to where we are and is in combat stance, but apparently doesn't understand she needs to engage the red npcs behind her or /stuck it. She D/Cs.

So there we are, 3 of us dead on the ground. Can't rez, can't kick tank. We discuss this for about 2 minutes waiting to see if tank is actually coming back or rage quit.

Finally, I "quit group" and say sorry and goodbye. Just as my counter is down to 2 seconds, the tank reconnects.
. <--------just this little red dot

TheRandomno
05.26.2019 , 07:42 PM | #9632
Directive 7 MM on Sorc healer. Group is level 70 tank and DPS, and level 50 operative DPS.

Starts off alright, no one dies on first pull for a change. When we reach the section of jumping on the huts, 3 of us do it but it's fine because the one who doesn't is the op who can just run past in stealth... except they go straight past a stealth detection droid and pull a ton of stuff, so we wipe.

When we get to the assassin droids, the kill order is not followed so we get "bugged". One of the DPS leaves the group and we get a replacement and try again. I try to make it clear which to attack in chat this time, but Theta still dies early and we have to reset it again. On the third try, it works.

Interrogator kill is a bit slow but otherwise fine. At Bulwark, I notice the operative DPS. They seem to be standing a bit far from the boss. I quickly realise their rotation. Rifle Shot, Rifle Shot, Rifle Shot, Rifle Shot, Fragmentation Grenade, Rifle Shot... I mention the issue in chat but they don't move any closer. I even pull them in melee range of the boss and they run straight back out. But despite taking longer than necessary the boss goes down.

At Mentor I decide not to bother trying to convince the op to use a few more abilities. After a couple of cores, they're out of range at the other big turret and I figure keeping them alive is not worth the effort. I res them a bit later after the last core and we finish the FP.

A pretty slow run, but at least it wasn't boring...
Unobtainable achievements list over 1000 points players can't get
Overall Achievements Leaderboard
Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I. (learn more)

woganator
05.30.2019 , 01:08 AM | #9633
Just had an sm ops run tonight. We beat the boss, I didn't notice in time, but there were a couple people down, and I accidentally clicked to get treasure. The people in the ops lead guild started whining saying whoever looted ruined loot for them. I was like, uh... sorry?!? I didn't get anything. I leave the group... a few minutes later the ops lead claims I'm banned from running ops with him again, I'll never run ops again, blah blah, he was whining that he had the lockout and didn't get any loot. Nothing was mentioned about loot being promised to anyone when the group was formed. Also, I thought they fixed that bug like 5 years ago where you couldn't get loot if you were dead. I'm fairly certain I've been dead and looted and still got stuff. I got the impression the kid was going to swap it to master looter so they could get all the stuff, but because I clicked early, they couldn't.

ZouYan
05.30.2019 , 09:51 AM | #9634
Lol, im dying here. Honestly the loot in sm ops outside of some of the decos and the gear boxes in queen sm dont matter. 236 gear from most of the regular ops and 242 from gods became pointless after the release of 5.10 as there is no way to upgrafe upgrade those pieces to 258. And yes u r also correct if u r in the same room even if u r dead u can still roll.
Co-GM <Lightning Masters> <Pull Burn Profit>
Mortema | Tsouyen
26/26 NiM post 5.0 | 5/5 Timed Runs
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/

Equeliber
06.01.2019 , 07:27 AM | #9635
Quote: Originally Posted by woganator View Post
Just had an sm ops run tonight. We beat the boss, I didn't notice in time, but there were a couple people down, and I accidentally clicked to get treasure. The people in the ops lead guild started whining saying whoever looted ruined loot for them. I was like, uh... sorry?!? I didn't get anything. I leave the group... a few minutes later the ops lead claims I'm banned from running ops with him again, I'll never run ops again, blah blah, he was whining that he had the lockout and didn't get any loot. Nothing was mentioned about loot being promised to anyone when the group was formed. Also, I thought they fixed that bug like 5 years ago where you couldn't get loot if you were dead. I'm fairly certain I've been dead and looted and still got stuff. I got the impression the kid was going to swap it to master looter so they could get all the stuff, but because I clicked early, they couldn't.
The only way to miss the loot after death is if you are stupid and respawn at medcenter/outside of ops right after ehe boss is dead but before loot was picked up. First of all, there is no point going to medcenter as those who are alive can and should just res everyone. Secondly, even if you do go to medcenter, just wait for the loot to be picked up and then respawn. Totally their fault.

And yeah, could be that they just wanted to master loot it.

Padabiene
06.03.2019 , 01:07 AM | #9636
Had a nice Lost Island HM run on my Scoundrel healer. Not smooth, because we had a lvl 60 tank and a lvl 68 dps who were both rather new to the FP or at least a bit rusty. The other dps dropped group immediately, but his replacement, while 'having a bad feeling about this', was as determined as me to at least give it a try or two. There was a fair bit of void camping and not interrupting and a few wipes, but we made it through.

On the topic of void camping, something I thought was kinda funny: Hammer Station HM, uneventful, just a bit slow. Last boss, one of the dps doesn't move out of the bomb. I do my best, but he's dropping fast nonetheless. The logical thing would be to step out of the puddle, but apparently he thinks 'this is fine' and starts healing himself. My jaw dropped a little. Void vanishes and he still doesn't connect the dots with the next one until I type in chat to please move.
What do we do, panic, freak? I usually panic but I'm happy to freak.

mothbanquet
06.03.2019 , 10:16 AM | #9637
So many years on and this thread still provides entertainment for me when it's quiet at work. Keep up the good work, people.

Euphrosyne
06.14.2019 , 09:03 AM | #9638
Rakata MM, Guardian tank and dps, GS dps, sage heals, all 70. Sage was...let's say "interesting".

Had a weird habit of KBing enemies out of AoEs. Also liked yanking people around during random fights with Pull, which was sometimes helpful but more often very much not helpful.

Told us to use stealth CC to get past a group, which, uh...lol.

Insisted that the group use the War Beast's KB to free people from Chief Rehkta's stun, which...often isn't done, because the timing rarely works out and because it requires the tank to keep track of an unusually large amount of stuff for an MM FP. Also refused to cleanse the debuff if a KB failed, so I (Guardian dps) had to use my specced-into self-cleanse twice, once after waiting thirty seconds for it to come off cd. I get that that has been the mechanic at points in the past, but if there is a more efficient way to do a fight, then do it.

Suggested that the group LoS the bonus boss's AoE outside of the room, which, fine, I guess I'm up for fighting the adds...but rarely if ever stacked on the boss to take the resulting adds in to be AoEd in turn. Then complained that the dps wasn't killing adds fast enough and that the tank wasn't keeping them away. Uh, okay, whatever, yeah. Make the fight longer and more painful by forcing the dps to run all over the place and kill their uptime instead of letting them dot-spread and orbital-strike the adds to death on top of the boss. We still one-shot it, even if we lost both the tank and the heals before the end.

Kept KBing the adds on the Commander Rand fight instead of letting us stack and blow them up. I know I kind of mentioned this before, but...yeesh.

And yet, after all that, the last fight was super smooth. The healer wasn't even remotely bad, just...weird.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

Syroe
06.18.2019 , 04:44 PM | #9639
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
Rakata MM, Guardian tank and dps, GS dps, sage heals, all 70. Sage was...let's say "interesting".

Had a weird habit of KBing enemies out of AoEs. Also liked yanking people around during random fights with Pull, which was sometimes helpful but more often very much not helpful.

Told us to use stealth CC to get past a group, which, uh...lol.

Insisted that the group use the War Beast's KB to free people from Chief Rehkta's stun, which...often isn't done, because the timing rarely works out and because it requires the tank to keep track of an unusually large amount of stuff for an MM FP. Also refused to cleanse the debuff if a KB failed, so I (Guardian dps) had to use my specced-into self-cleanse twice, once after waiting thirty seconds for it to come off cd. I get that that has been the mechanic at points in the past, but if there is a more efficient way to do a fight, then do it.

Suggested that the group LoS the bonus boss's AoE outside of the room, which, fine, I guess I'm up for fighting the adds...but rarely if ever stacked on the boss to take the resulting adds in to be AoEd in turn. Then complained that the dps wasn't killing adds fast enough and that the tank wasn't keeping them away. Uh, okay, whatever, yeah. Make the fight longer and more painful by forcing the dps to run all over the place and kill their uptime instead of letting them dot-spread and orbital-strike the adds to death on top of the boss. We still one-shot it, even if we lost both the tank and the heals before the end.

Kept KBing the adds on the Commander Rand fight instead of letting us stack and blow them up. I know I kind of mentioned this before, but...yeesh.

And yet, after all that, the last fight was super smooth. The healer wasn't even remotely bad, just...weird.
Is KB the mirror of Sorc's Overload? Because if it is...there's a special place in hell for sorcs/sins/sages/shadows that use that ability outside of throwing stuff of ledges and the occasional niche situation that actually requires it.

TheRandomno
06.18.2019 , 05:02 PM | #9640
Quote: Originally Posted by Syroe View Post
Is KB the mirror of Sorc's Overload? Because if it is...there's a special place in hell for sorcs/sins/sages/shadows that use that ability outside of throwing stuff of ledges and the occasional niche situation that actually requires it.
Overload's equivalent is Force Wave. KB just means knockback.
Unobtainable achievements list over 1000 points players can't get
Overall Achievements Leaderboard
Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I. (learn more)