EC Nightmare 8-Man & 16-Man Pot5 Progress Charts

OriginalTomoka

To all Pot5 progressive AND casual PVE guilds,

Reniu here from <Severity Gaming> on the Republic side of our server. This will mark my very post on the official SWTOR forums, so don't bash me too much. :D The reason I started to lurk into our actual server forum is in regards to the new content in PVE coming with the 1.5 update this Thursday (11/15). EC Nightmare will be of much interest to many of the progressive guilds on our server, and as such I was hoping that we could interest ourselves in a little bit of "friendly" and non-competitive progression among each other within our own server forums.

As with the TFB progression from the 1.4 update, Derkae has decided to once again post a progressive point system on downing the new content in EC NiM. While I love the idea of this sort of competition among guilds, the problem that I find with his progression is that it encourages to pit guilds against each other for downing the content above anyone else. I would much rather see a whole plethora of guilds participating in the new content and am interested to see all of our server's players represented on a progressive list, even if they are not as elite as some of the other guilds out there. As such, I would like to propose a different approach in marking EC NiM progression for our server!

Instead of marking a point system based on the time of kills, I would encourage guilds on both 8-man and 16-man from our Pot5 server to post proof of each kill they down as with Derkae's post, but instead of making a huge deal about the time of death and getting points based on the actual time it is downed, make it more on showcasing which guilds on our server have downed the actual content itself. In this way, the ranking system has no relevance in how our guilds showcase their progression, but instead encourages everyone from across our server to participate in this manner in hopes we can all be successful in downing new content.

The reason I also like this idea is that the type of progression I am promoting would encourage everyone on our server to try new content. With the new FtP option, this would open the realm for new subscribers and in all make people notice our server the most when it comes to showcasing players from a wide spectrum of playing styles, all the way from the elitist hardcore players to the casual players. In all, I want everyone to participate in this new content, but don't want to pressure the more casual guilds in not participating because you feel you need to be pitted against other more established guilds. Please don't get me wrong though, I encourage everyone to continue to use Darkae's posting system if you like that competition.

For now, I am just pitching this idea, and if any major guilds or others seem interested, I will be more than happy in making an actual spreadsheet with a list of guilds that have downed the content which again focuses less on the time of kill, but rather the actual kill itself. Because time is not an issue, simply providing this thread with any of the following items would count toward marking a kill:

1. A screenshot of the boss downed. Include a Codex entry in the picture as well as all members of your raid in an Ops frame. Health bars on each boss when it is killed also help in this matter.

2. A video showcasing your guild downing the boss on Nightmare. I am more than happy watching a video of your guild working to down a boss! :D

I really hope people are interested in this style of server only guild progression, as EC NiM is a simple rehash of an older instance many players are familiar with and while there are many mechanic changes in each fight, the overall fight itself does not change too much. I hope this paves the way for further Pot5 content progression as well!

Anyways, even if this does not catch on, I wish all guilds on our server the best of luck! See you server side!

Edited by OriginalTomoka

There is absolutely no sense including 8-man raid groups in these progression charts. 8-man TFB and EC Nightmare are a joke to any serious progression based guild.

If the 8-man raid groups want to gloat about their progression let them do it in the RP forums...

There is absolutely no sense including 8-man raid groups in these progression charts. 8-man TFB and EC Nightmare are a joke to any serious progression based guild.

If the 8-man raid groups want to gloat about their progression let them do it in the RP forums...

As the GM of a 16 man progression guild I would like to say that this is exactly the type of ELITIST **** we do not need. Please refrain from this attitude. Treat 8 man and 16 man as two different brackets please, and do not compare the two.

P.S. Please do not respond to this troll.

As the GM of a 16 man progression guild I would like to say that this is exactly the type of ELITIST **** we do not need. Please refrain from this attitude. Treat 8 man and 16 man as two different brackets please, and do not compare the two.

P.S. Please do not respond to this troll.

I appreciate the compliment but I disagree with your sentiment,

I think elitism is completely waranted and should be welcomed and expected in competitive progression based raiding. 16 man raid groups SHOULD be held in the highest regard and all serious raiding guilds should aspire to meet this challenge instead of taking pride in accomplishments of mediocrity (8 man raid groups).

Of course if we feel the need to humor them I suppose a seperate bracket is fair. We do have a special olympics after all..

Somebody's mad that the bads his guild has to carry to fulfill the epeen requirement is holding back progression. Having said that, I agree that 16's are more fun and have always been my guild's goal. Are they harder beyond getting the right personnel...no. You could make the argument that 8-Man's are harder because one mistake usually ends in a wipe while the bads you are carrying around are face first on the ground but the scaling from 8 to 16 accommodates that.

Btw, what Serious Progression has your Serious Progression based guild accomplished? Got past the medpac phase on T&Z yet? I kno that mechanic is much harder on 16 man.

Edited by GreenLantern

Somebody's mad that the bads his guild has to carry to fulfill the epeen requirement is holding back progression. Having said that, I agree that 16's are more fun and have always been my guild's goal. Are they harder beyond getting the right personnel...no. You could make the argument that 8-Man's are harder because one mistake usually ends in a wipe while the bads you are carrying around are face first on the ground but the scaling from 8 to 16 accommodates that.

Btw, what Serious Progression has your Serious Progression based guild accomplished? Got past the medpac phase on T&Z yet? I kno that mechanic is much harder on 16 man.

Sure you can make the argument that 8-man's are more difficult. I can also make the arguement that Jacob is better than Edward Cullen and that my ancestors rode on raptors. Guild progression statistics may disagree with your assessment as no 16-man guild has been able to complete EC Nightmare. But who the hell cares about "facts", damage multipliers based on raid makeup or statistics. Those are just words meant to confuse how you feel in your gutt...

As for my guild I can only say that we have yet to beat 16 man EC nightmare. It's the most challenging and frustrating ops we have ever had the privelege of running. Mad props to the first 16 man that completes EC Nightmare. Cause you deserve it.

I appreciate the compliment but I disagree with your sentiment,

I think elitism is completely waranted and should be welcomed and expected in competitive progression based raiding. 16 man raid groups SHOULD be held in the highest regard and all serious raiding guilds should aspire to meet this challenge instead of taking pride in accomplishments of mediocrity (8 man raid groups).

Of course if we feel the need to humor them I suppose a seperate bracket is fair. We do have a special olympics after all..

First of all, this is my thread, and if you have an issue with how I want to post these charts, I apologize; don't post in something you don't care for if it isn't run the way you would like please.

Second, if you actually took the time to read my post you would have realized this is not an elitist progression chart but rather a chance for our server to showcase what they have done. In that respect every guild should feel good about their accomplishments. This is not Darkae's chart, nor am I Darkae, and therefore I will do it how I would like. If this is an issue to you, please do not follow this thread. :)

Hi there. Didn't see this thread until now. We've been reporting our kills in the worldwide thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=553172

We've downed 16m NiM ZnT, Tanks, and Vorgath. You can find the orginal posts, screen captures, and times here. We also defeated 4 stack Dreadtooth on the first day the servers came up from the patch.

Based on what we've seen between our 8m and 16m raiding teams, there is a definite jump in difficulty from 8m to 16m (which is also evidenced by the fact that nobody has actually reported a 16m kill on Kephess yet... worldwide). Good luck to all guilds working on new progression content!

Hi there. Didn't see this thread until now. We've been reporting our kills in the worldwide thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=553172

We've downed 16m NiM ZnT, Tanks, and Vorgath. You can find the orginal posts, screen captures, and times here. We also defeated 4 stack Dreadtooth on the first day the servers came up from the patch.

Based on what we've seen between our 8m and 16m raiding teams, there is a definite jump in difficulty from 8m to 16m (which is also evidenced by the fact that nobody has actually reported a 16m kill on Kephess yet... worldwide). Good luck to all guilds working on new progression content!

No worries about the kill proofs, I do still follow Darkae's post on the world kills. Good job you guys!