*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand fixing bugs, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I was looking forward to playing something new and shiny. *sigh*

Oh, well. Better now than while actually playing. If y'all fix it early, please release as normal, so we're not waiting for nothing at least.

the problem with your logic is that you think this is acceptable when bugs like this should have been ironed out well before release and should never had made it into the final build.

:D_evil:Retort: The problem with that logic is that the meatbag thinks there should never be bugs ever because *every* possible cause can be accounted for at all times always.

:D_evil:Revelation: This is the real world. Things don't work that way. That's the way it is. Deal with it. :d_cool:

:D_evil:Retort: The problem with that logic is that the meatbag thinks there should never be bugs ever because *every* possible cause can be accounted for at all times always.

:D_evil:Revelation: This is the real world. Things don't work that way. That's the way it is. Deal with it. :d_cool:

this is not a normal bug this is a game breaking bug those are two different things so sorry droid but you should get your logic circuits checked.

this is not a normal bug this is a game breaking bug those are two different things so sorry droid but you should get your logic circuits checked.

Response: It doesn't matter what kind it is. The logic of "it should have been ironed out long before and not made it to the final build" still does not stand.

Query: Know why?

Answer: Because they don't always show themselves early on.

Statement: That is why testing is done the whole time, not just before release. If testing was not done the entire time, major bugs would not all be caught.

Cautionary: Don't think for a second that major bugs never show up at the last round of testing for anything ever.

Response: It doesn't matter what kind it is. The logic of "it should have been ironed out long before and not made it to the final build" still does not stand.

Query: Know why?

Answer: Because they don't always show themselves early on.

Statement: That is why testing is done the whole time, not just before release. If testing was not done the entire time, major bugs would not all be caught.

Cautionary: Don't think for a second that major bugs never show up at the last round of testing for anything ever.

This type of bug would have shown itself before the final build and due to the fact that testers I have talked to told me they had reported it during testing so there is no excuse when such a bug was reported months ago.

This type of bug would have shown itself before the final build and due to the fact that testers I have talked to told me they had reported it during testing so there is no excuse when such a bug was reported months ago.

Disagreement: I'm sorry. But that's not reality.

Scenario: But lets say it did show itself earlier. They have to recreate it. There's also a long list of bugs to go through. If they managed to only be able to recreate it today, or have only been able to get to that bug in the list of bugs, it still wouldn't have been ironed out in an early build. Especially if there were far more important things to get taken care of.

Conjecture: This bug most likely is a simple fix, but the result of the bug is huge. Without being there, it's hard to say for sure.

Addendum: Your claim to inside information is nothing but hear-say. I could make the same claim, but it would hold no weight. Real or not, what has been stated above still stands, as well as my previous replies.

Scenario: But lets say it did show itself earlier. They have to recreate it. There's also a long list of bugs to go through. If they managed to only be able to recreate it today, or have only been able to get to that bug in the list of bugs, it still wouldn't have been ironed out in an early build. Especially if there were far more important things to get taken care of.

Conjecture: This bug most likely is a simple fix, but the result of the bug is huge. Without being there, it's hard to say for sure.

Addendum: Your claim to inside information is nothing but hear-say. I could make the same claim, but it would hold no weight. Real or not, what has been stated above still stands, as well as my previous replies.

You do realize that once a bug is made public the knowledge of said bug is no longer covered by NDA so those who have tested it can talk about it and it is not hard to find people who have access to testing which is every iinfluencer as the last few content patches they released operations boss fights before the patch release and those influencer have to publicly state they are to cover themselves so as you can see it isn't that hard.

Also game breaking bugs are given top priority in most game companies except it seems Bioware.doesn't.

You do realize that once a bug is made public the knowledge of said bug is no longer covered by NDA so those who have tested it can talk about it and it is not hard to find people who have access to testing which is every iinfluencer as the last few content patches they released operations boss fights before the patch release and those influencer have to publicly state they are to cover themselves so as you can see it isn't that hard.

really, according to another influencer kidlee cannot talk about anything that was in the PTS, and I could get proof of him saying that,

but If not then it would be fine and easy to show proof then, or this info has the same value as your other claims on reddit

Reminder: I never said anything about an NDA or it not to be discussed. You just said that yourself.

Recitation: I said that your claim to inside information, meaning you have talked with someone that has tested it and experienced said bug, is nothing more than hear-say.

Recitation: And again, if the bug wasn't fixed yet, it was either difficult to recreate, or low on a long list of bugs, or even one that has been difficult to deal with.

Cautionary: And don't think for a second that they weren't working on the bug. Just because it wasn't fixed yet, doesn't mean they haven't been working on it. It could very well be that it's been plaguing them this whole time. Jumping to negative conclusions about things, especially when there is even one legitimate reason for it, is not a healthy habit.

Conclusion: Now, this has gone on long enough. I shall not post anymore on the subject to you, seeing as we are the only two posting, and thereby cluttering the thread. You can respond if you like, but I'll never see it. You may have found the delay disappointing, but guess what? Plans are fragile things, and life often dashes expectations to the ground. This is reality. I cannot force you to see reason, only hope that you will see past the way things seem to be, and perceive the truth with fact. The truth that you cannot see how things operate there, and therefore have no idea that something "should have been taken care of long ago" and that "they don't care" is the reality. The truth, that the facts speak for themselves when presented. It is only a matter of you going against the crowd and being willing to look at them, think for yourself, and realize what is really going on.

Reminder: I never said anything about an NDA or it not to be discussed. You just said that yourself.

Recitation: I said that your claim to inside information, meaning you have talked with someone that has tested it and experienced said bug, is nothing more than hear-say.

Recitation: And again, if the bug wasn't fixed yet, it was either difficult to recreate, or low on a long list of bugs, or even one that has been difficult to deal with.

Cautionary: And don't think for a second that they weren't working on the bug. Just because it wasn't fixed yet, doesn't mean they haven't been working on it. It could very well be that it's been plaguing them this whole time. Jumping to negative conclusions about things, especially when there is even one legitimate reason for it, is not a healthy habit.

Conclusion: Now, this has gone on long enough. I shall not post anymore on the subject to you, seeing as we are the only two posting, and thereby cluttering the thread. You can respond if you like, but I'll never see it. You may have found the delay disappointing, but guess what? Plans are fragile things, and life often dashes expectations to the ground. This is reality. I cannot force you to see reason, only hope that you will see past the way things seem to be, and perceive the truth with fact. The truth that you cannot see how things operate there, and therefore have no idea that something "should have been taken care of long ago" and that "they don't care" is the reality. The truth, that the facts speak for themselves when presented. It is only a matter of you going against the crowd and being willing to look at them, think for yourself, and realize what is really going on.

it's not the delay that is the issue it is the timing and the apparent lack of quality testing.

really, according to another influencer kidlee cannot talk about anything that was in the PTS, and I could get proof of him saying that,

but If not then it would be fine and easy to show proof then, or this info has the same value as your other claims on reddit

If that was the truth then he would have never been able to release his 2 videos showing the 2 operations boss fights which are from the PTS which he was under NDA for but like I pointed out once something is made public it is no longer covered by the NDA because BW itself released that it existed and if you don't believe me ask him yourself.

They probably have other /bugs. If i were them, i might just wait til' next week. No big deal really, as long as the /bugs get outed.

They don't have the testing ability of an entire playerbase. I doubt they'll find every bug there is in their game in only one week with one or two guy. It's probably the same reason why the important part of class balance is so slow to happen. Probably because they only have one guy to do it.

the problem with your logic is that you think this is acceptable when bugs like this should have been ironed out well before release and should never had made it into the final build.

:rolleyes:

Here is the flaw in your logic here: You assume since they don't disclose major bugs to us during testing, and that would not affect a patch release date, that no such bugs exist, are found and fixed, etc... before release. Since they only disclose bugs that could in some way have a serious negative impact to players.... you assume these are the only bugs and are only found right before patch day.

And I would like to note that Eric pointed out that this particular bug was serious enough that they were not comfortable going live with it in the patch and chose to delay the patch. Which clearly demonstrates that they look at each bug in context and not all bugs require a delay in patch (no matter what some players insist). Clearly this one did warrant a delay on the patch... which makes complete sense since many many players will be hammering that new FP on minute one in the game after patch... because they will be chasing after the stronghold. ;)

Edited by Andryah

QFT

/5char

:rolleyes:

Here is the flaw in your logic here: You assume since they don't disclose major bugs to us during testing, and that would not affect a patch release date, that no such bugs exist, are found and fixed, etc... before release. Since they only disclose bugs that could in some way have a serious negative impact to players.... you assume these are the only bugs and are only found right before patch day.

And I would like to note that Eric pointed out that this particular bug was serious enough that they were not comfortable going live with it in the patch and chose to delay the patch. Which clearly demonstrates that they look at each bug in context and not all bugs require a delay in patch (no matter what some players insist). Clearly this one did warrant a delay on the patch... which makes complete sense since many many players will be hammering that new FP on minute one in the game after patch... because they will be chasing after the stronghold. ;)

No because such testing and announcement should be done the firday before the patch not the day before to allow for players to adjust the time they set aside and like I said in other post here I asked a few testers about this bug and it was reported awhile back during testing so it should have been fixed or announced the friday before not the day before.