Post your reaction to the just posted Nerfing of Operatives and Scoundrel classes.

SHAVEDKILLER

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help me understand this because from a Scrapper point of view it seems that I'm losing more than I gaining.

1. Upper Hand provides no Dmg. & Healing bonuses (that Sucks)

2. Were losing shoot 1st (that just blows)

3. Shank-shot : that's just tendon shot (am I wrong???)

4. Blugeon: uhhhhh, scatter guns don't have butt's so, were basicly hitting people with thin air?????

5. Blood Boiler: just let us use thermal detonator out of cover. (please)

6. New Passive abilities that grants extra dmg. when using Blaster volley (I can't even remeber the last time i was in cover as a scrapper).

7. losing World Medicine ( I need this to back up the healer if he needs me or if he dies)

somebody help me understand how this helps us.

Help me understand this because from a Scrapper point of view it seems that I'm losing more than I gaining.

1. Upper Hand provides no Dmg. & Healing bonuses (that Sucks)

2. Were losing shoot 1st (that just blows)

3. Shank-shot : that's just tendon shot (am I wrong???)

4. Blugeon: uhhhhh, scatter guns don't have butt's so, were basicly hitting people with thin air?????

5. Blood Boiler: just let us use thermal detonator out of cover. (please)

6. New Passive abilities that grants extra dmg. when using Blaster volley (I can't even remeber the last time i was in cover as a scrapper).

7. losing World Medicine ( I need this to back up the healer if he needs me or if he dies)

somebody help me understand how this helps us.

You are not being helped. You are being nerfed.

im excited for the changes, my op healer will be shelved as i've leaned towards the pt lately and am sick of healing.

this will make warzones bearable again given the fact that one good op healer on the other team meant you automatically lose. 2 op healers mean you don't kill anyone. with the increase to the cd on interrupts this was absolutely required.

if people cant be objective and admit that op healing was absolutely broken in pvp and pve, then im not sure what can be said to them to comfort them.

Your kidding, my OP is already the most button crowded class I have.

Currently Carnage/Combat beats Concealment/Scrapper in number of abilities. Concealment/Scrapper currently, doesn't have that many abilities to use. Flechette Round/Acid Blade is why the spec is currently the hardest spec to master. At least they are getting rid of Shoot First/Hidden Strike.

Currently Carnage/Combat beats Concealment/Scrapper in number of abilities. Concealment/Scrapper currently, doesn't have that many abilities to use. Flechette Round/Acid Blade is why the spec is currently the hardest spec to master. At least they are getting rid of Shoot First/Hidden Strike.

I'd say engineering sniper has the most abilities to keep track of. But I don't have that much experience with the spec, and have been using carnage since launch so its abilities don't seem like that many.

Seems like more 'because pvp', like pretty much all of the announced changes, and am pretty tired of it. Nerfing is one thing, sure, go ahead, but turning scoundrel/operative healer from a mobile class with several useful dps options into a heal turret just because they're supposedly overpowered in pve (pretty sure they made this up because too many people were catching onto 'because pvp') is just ridiculous.

Nerf already, fine, but don't take away abilities that make the game fun to play.

Nerf already, fine, but don't take away abilities that make the game fun to play.

I agree.

Having a Scoundrel healer myself, I have to say they were they easiest of all healing classes. The reason that they "trivialize" PvE is a bit contradicting to what BW has done to that content lately though.

- NiM nerfs

- new Tactical FP nerfs

- making 180 gear easily to access for and through SM operations/HM flashpoints that are tuned for 156 gear

- GSI support on Makeb

I don't think it's a particular class that trivializes PvE content, and if so, BW obviously shouldn't really mind, because they seem to like trivializing content.

Also, with several changes upcoming, taking away old abilities and replacing them with new ones, might be a bit too much for some people. We will only know when the changes hit live, but there is a good chance that you change the playstyle of a class too much and people don't enjoy it anymore. For PvP I guess rebalancing Scoundrel/Operatives was necessary. But there should have been a way to rebalance the existing abilities.

EDIT: In the change notes, I don't see anything about Kolto Cloud. WIll this new ability Kolto Waves replace KC or will scoundrel healers have 2 AoE heals now?

Edited by Rithoma