Upcoming Dev Livestream – June 3rd

EricMusco

Please reconsider the stronghold limit. Some of us already spent a lot on getting the original strongholds, but now we have to give up on the ones we already worked on so we can get the new one? How does that make sense?

I would pay for an additional stronghold slot. I understand that only four would count for conquest. But I want all the strongholds. I want to be able to jump to DK or Coruscant for quick PvP dailies. I want to be able to have shared strongholds like NS or Tattoine. I completely unlocked all my houses, so why won't you let me keep them?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please reconsider the stronghold limit. Some of us already spent a lot on getting the original strongholds, but now we have to give up on the ones we already worked on so we can get the new one? How does that make sense?

I would pay for an additional stronghold slot. I understand that only four would count for conquest. But I want all the strongholds. I want to be able to jump to DK or Coruscant for quick PvP dailies. I want to be able to have shared strongholds like NS or Tattoine. I completely unlocked all my houses, so why won't you let me keep them?

You're treating this incorrectly. They didn't decide players shouldn't have more than 4 active strongholds. The system can't handle more than 4 active strongholds, and I'd certainly prefer to have to deactivate one rather than suffering through a lag-ridden PvP and PvE experience.

Stream was good, really hoping you get Togruta into 3.3 (especially since you're planning on releasing 3.3 three weeks behind schedule, as the stated schedule was 9 weeks between patches, with two minor (#.#.1 and #.#.2) patches separating that period into 3 weeks). Stronghold looks awesome. I do hope we'll have a scheduled PvP PTS testing time so there will actually be enough players on to make a match.

really hoping you get Togruta into 3.3 (especially since you're planning on releasing 3.3 three weeks behind schedule, as the stated schedule was 9 weeks between patches, with two minor (#.#.1 and #.#.2) patches separating that period into 3 weeks).

That release cadence has obviously been abandoned: 2.10 to 3.0 was 12 weeks, 3.0 to 3.1 was just over 10 weeks, 3.1 to 3.2 was a bit under 11 weeks, and now 3.2 to 3.3 is a full 12 weeks - it is unfortunate they didn't announce this slower release rate in the 2015 Road Map, the way they established the old 9-week schedule in the 2014 Road Map.

Getting five or so updates a year is still fine as far as I'm concerned, (as long as not too many of them are as light on content as 2.8 or 3.1,) but I do wish they had been upfront about the change.

Edited by DarthDymond

So...

Can we get some details around this "Deactivate" one of your FOUR strongholds?

To be frank I'm certainly not going to purchase another SH when I've maxed out the four others. If I can jump activation around then that might work. Just need to know if I need to remove everything and put back every time.

Deactivation also takes out all decorations.

I was expecting the limit of 4 to stick. It's what they planned from the start.

Definltely am more disappointed with having to delete characters to create Togruta instead.

Also very concerned about the new 3.3 patch notes on the PTS for the 2nd attempt of overhauling all healing classes.

What can I say the Stronghold looks neat, but I am torn because I am still hoping for a Hoth one and then I'd have to deactivate yet another one.... Do I want to buy into this one knowing that...I definitely remember how much my strongholds have cost so far. I understand the engine limitations but damn it's making it difficult.

What can I say the Stronghold looks neat, but I am torn because I am still hoping for a Hoth one and then I'd have to deactivate yet another one.... Do I want to buy into this one knowing that...I definitely remember how much my strongholds have cost so far. I understand the engine limitations but damn it's making it difficult.

If this comes out on July 21st like they say it will, then it will have been over 11 months since the first slate of Strongholds came out. Just speaking for myself, but even if the time between Yavin and the next one is a few months shorter than that, I'd still see that as enough time to get plenty of enjoyment out of my current slate of Strongholds before switching things up.