Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lighting Effusion proc question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Lighting Effusion proc question

LtBombshell
04.29.2014 , 05:18 PM | #1
I am leveling a lightning sorcerer (currently level 24) and I have a question about the lightning effusion proc.

First of all, I want to make sure I'm understanding this game correctly: critical hits are in yellow text, right?

If that's the case, why do I feel like LE is not proccing every time I crit? Sometimes I find I cast 3 LS in a row, all crits, and not get an LE proc off any of them. Is there some sort of internal CD for LE that I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

cs_zoltan
04.29.2014 , 05:27 PM | #2
Yellow damage is force/tech, so every sorcerer attack you should use is yellow. There is no indicator for crit other than the higher number, there's nothing you can do about Lightning Effusion just let it flow.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kéja, Kejann, Aemis, Kyrí, Kyra'h, Késsa, Frängit, Lamîa, KalkïMaelin, Morwy

LtBombshell
04.29.2014 , 06:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
Yellow damage is force/tech, so every sorcerer attack you should use is yellow. There is no indicator for crit other than the higher number, there's nothing you can do about Lightning Effusion just let it flow.
Thank you! That clears up my problem.

MidichIorian
04.29.2014 , 07:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
There is no indicator for crit other than the higher number.
The pop-ups are bigger, font size'wise, arent they? Or maybe that's what you meant, I interpreted it as a higher "mathematical number".

Memo-
04.29.2014 , 07:12 PM | #5
Crits should show up as bigger numbers, but always don't. I've gotten 10k hits on Ambushes for example and the numbers were as small as regular hits. That would have been a 17k crit or something, not on my gear.
Maliris | Dela-jaakko | Sakkó | Sóppa | Farís | Hedelmâ | Sopraano | Hálal
Rai'chu | Eettinen Luomu | Välí | Véres | Bas'so | Seven of-Nine | Jauhé | Banthan
Haram | Weímar | Ethawn | Kuiva | Altto | Keíno | Delaráh | Luccía | Stilva | Tenorí | Baritoni
The Red EclipseThe Lihavuori Legacy

cs_zoltan
04.30.2014 , 08:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
The pop-ups are bigger, font size'wise, arent they? Or maybe that's what you meant, I interpreted it as a higher "mathematical number".
No, that's not how I meant. I don't think the crits have bigger font size, but I never actually payed attention for that so I don't know.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kéja, Kejann, Aemis, Kyrí, Kyra'h, Késsa, Frängit, Lamîa, KalkïMaelin, Morwy