Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.7 Hybrid 30/16 rotation help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
2.7 Hybrid 30/16 rotation help

revcrisis
04.14.2014 , 11:22 AM | #1
With the changes in 2.7, is it worth focusing on Crushing Darkness in the rotation? Currently, my rotation is something like this:

1) Affliction -> to proc my lightning barrage
2) Force Lightning -> 3 stacks of wrath
3) Instant Lightning Strike -> procs my instant chain lightning
4) Instant Chain lightning
5) 1.5s Force Lightning from my barrage
6) Death field

Now by this time, usually chain lightning is ALMOST off the 10 second CD. I could do another LS->FL->CL OR I could do a CD->FL->LS->CL. Which is the better way? I'm thinking that CD is more of a full madness thing and I should be revolving my DPS around CL, and only using CD when i need to dot up a healer.

Thanks in advance.

TACeMossie
04.14.2014 , 10:45 PM | #2
I believe that the use of CD should be saved for the 3/16/27 hybrid (Grabs uncleansable dots) when it comes to PvP as it has deathmarks and uncleansable dots that heal on crits. And PvE as well. But its lack of burst and the ability to cleanse it make it not so good in PvP

thatPERSON
04.20.2014 , 12:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
I believe that the use of CD should be saved for the 3/16/27 hybrid (Grabs uncleansable dots) when it comes to PvP as it has deathmarks and uncleansable dots that heal on crits. And PvE as well. But its lack of burst and the ability to cleanse it make it not so good in PvP
gotta remember, not everyone you attack can cleanse/purge. ive attacked sages/sorcs that dont even cleanse themselves. ive even had premade healers only cleanse their guildies leaving the other 4-5 people to fend for themselves.

Now i dont main a sorc/sage but honestly id use CD once in awhile to add a little more pressure to the target.

also depends on the type of pvp (ranked/regs). if you are a regstar id use CD. if you do ranked i'd only use it on classes that arent a sorc or have a purge (sins with shroud and agents with their green bubble).