Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Like everything in 2.7 but TK's AoE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Like everything in 2.7 but TK's AoE

Macetheace
04.14.2014 , 11:11 AM | #1
And i mean it, good job for single target, but AoE, I think was the wrong move to alter like that. yes, I'm referring to how Tidal Force (TF) no longer uses a separate rate limit with forcequake (FQ). I really feel they should revert the forcequake bit to 2.6 i.e. 20% chance for FQ to proc TF on a separate rate limit, OR alternatively, Forcequake should also reduce the activation time of Telekinetic Wave by something like 0.5 secs every time it does damage.

As it is now, it's not good news, I feel:
  • It has made TK more bland, less interesting, and more 1-dimensional
  • Reduced the main fun of the spec. The multi-procs was fun and unique (and i play ALL classes)
  • The TK aoe feels a lot more like balance aoe than before, also not good
  • The multi-capacity spec of the sage hass its skill set reduced even further, quite limiting
  • Like it has lost a component of it's aoe even though it hasn't really.
  • Un-necessary - i saw no changes to Merc/Commando, Smuggler/Agent AoEs - which remain something like 5-6 per spec with only GS/Sniper aoe getting a slight nerf in 2.6 which was not a functionality nerf, but a damage nerf, but neither BH/Trooper specs got any change there.
You see this changed has not only nerfed the damage, but more importantly the functionality of the AoE, and that's what has made it just less intersting, I really hope this gets reverted and rather we see a more intersesting improvement to AoE on that spec
If it feels wrong, it usually is.

Businesses must act with integrity in all things.

Macetheace
04.14.2014 , 11:23 AM | #2
BW did a good job for the single target dps for both specs, esp Telekinetics, really like it, good move, less RnG is good for the bread and butter aspect of combat i.e. single target but with 0 it loses fun and spontaenuity. AoE rotation is the perfect place for that because it's not as crucial and as often used as single target and it has always been one of the fun areas of dpsing.
If it feels wrong, it usually is.

Businesses must act with integrity in all things.

Ycoga
04.15.2014 , 03:20 AM | #3
I absolutely disagree. TK now is more like Combat Sentinel that revolves around use of Precision Slash windows. Now, the rotation revolves around TKWave windows. It's easy to get one off every 10 seconds.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Brittaany_Banks
04.17.2014 , 06:34 PM | #4
How many times are you going to repost this?
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

MusicRider
04.17.2014 , 06:42 PM | #5
I think BW has been reducing aoe damage overall. But nevertheless, if fight is gonna be aoe heavy why not respec to a tk/balance hybrid which has excellent aoe damage and still decent single target damage?