Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Barrier Limitations

pyradius
04.16.2013 , 12:21 AM | #1
Still trying to figure this out completely as there have been a number of times that my Force Barrier was "greyed out" when I was under the effects of what looked like a stun, although it's possible I was also hit with the new Merc/Commando Net, which brings me to my question.

Should anything really be interrupting this ability? Currently it seems like the following will knock you out of it:

-Friendly pull
-Enemy pull (this is complete BS imo, pull is already the most retardedly OP ability in the game, far worse than Stun in my book
-Electro Net? (not sure on this one, but something was causing Force Barrier to grey out on me which kind of seems contrary to its description that you can use it even while controlled. I can respect the net affecting force speed, but it seems a bit unbalanced that their new ability simply trumps ours, especially with Pull also trumping it.
I r a k o

spectreclees
04.18.2013 , 12:25 PM | #2
I haven't noticed any issues with it except maybe one time where I saw someone start to channel it and then suddenly go flying across the room.

It might be lag with the game not registering you using until a second or so in.
Referral link for 7 days of free game time and a starter pack.

pyradius
04.18.2013 , 04:15 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
I haven't noticed any issues with it except maybe one time where I saw someone start to channel it and then suddenly go flying across the room.

It might be lag with the game not registering you using until a second or so in.
I haven't really noticed it since the patch to be honest, so perhaps that was an undocumented fix.
I r a k o

Gondolindhrim
04.18.2013 , 04:34 PM | #4
Haven't had the opportunity to test it with Electro Net, but I can confirm that friendly pull interrupts the channel (because it counts as movement). However, enemy pull does not interrupt it (it'll be resisted).
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | ydis | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda

Dharkrayn
04.18.2013 , 06:54 PM | #5
I was taken out of it within a second of casting it earlier today. I popped it and next thing I knew I was dead. Now like you might be assuming, maybe lag.. I was dead before I actually used it. Nope, it was on cooldown. It happened to quick I did not notice if anyone around me used a specific move or not, but I was being attacked by mercs, so perhaps they used Net as soon as I put up barrier.

MidichIorian
04.19.2013 , 03:18 AM | #6
I've also had the bug, if it indeed is a bug, where I havent been able to use it, despite it being off-CD. So I would also like to know if there are abilties out there that prevent us from using it. I think i was fighting an assassin on one of the occassins it has happened.

Gondolindhrim
04.19.2013 , 12:23 PM | #7
Okay, so I just tested Electro Net, and I can confirm that you cannot use Force Barrier while under the effect of Electro Net. It would be good to know if that's working as intended...

pyradius
04.23.2013 , 04:58 PM | #8
Yeah I had a case where actually Force of Will was available but Force Barrier was greyed out. This was definitely odd to me, but once I used Force of Will, my Force Barrier lit up. I had tried Force Barrier 1st as well to ensure it was not just a graphical issue.
I r a k o

Gondolindhrim
04.23.2013 , 11:11 PM | #9
Yeah you can CC break Electro Net, allowing you to use Force Barrier. I still don't think that's working as intended though; I don't see why an instant ability on a 90s cooldown should trump a 180s cooldown immunity channel that renders the caster useless.

skarlson
04.24.2013 , 07:30 AM | #10
There must be a good reason for it; I can't think of it but I'm gonna go with derp.