Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Soooo, Post 2.7, what do people feel is the best hybrid spec for Sage dps?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Soooo, Post 2.7, what do people feel is the best hybrid spec for Sage dps?

Dyvim
04.18.2014 , 10:42 PM | #1
Title pretty much says it all....lol.
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...

ceazare
04.19.2014 , 03:35 PM | #2
For what purpose? pvp, pve? single target or aoe?
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse

Boomer-
04.20.2014 , 06:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ceazare View Post
For what purpose? pvp, pve? single target or aoe?
PVP. I keep hearing about this one amazing sage hybrid but I haven't been able to optimize my talent points to find it.

ceazare
04.20.2014 , 08:26 PM | #4
Torhead sage/sorc skill tree is a bit broken at the moment, so I can't link it, but it's the 0/30/16 spec. Important bits are Effusion, Telekinetic Collapse, Force Wake, Flowing Force and Reverberation in TK tree and Force in Balance and Presence of Mind in Balance.

It gives you good mobility, burst, aoe damage and crowd control. In comparison to full specs, TK gives better burst and better sustained damage, but usually worse uptime because of all the broken casts and being more prone to interrupts. Balance has superior mobility and noticeable selfheals, but lacks some control abilities and burst and can run out of force. Both full specs have access to Egress (hybrid doesn't) at the cost of some damage or management talents.

Hope that helps.
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse

Darth_Dreselus
04.20.2014 , 09:58 PM | #5
Torhead sage/sorc skill tree is a bit broken at the moment, so I can't link it, but it's the 0/30/16 spec. Important bits are Effusion, Telekinetic Collapse, Force Wake, Flowing Force and Reverberation in TK tree and Force in Balance and Presence of Mind in Balance.

It gives you good mobility, burst, aoe damage and crowd control. In comparison to full specs, TK gives better burst and better sustained damage, but usually worse uptime because of all the broken casts and being more prone to interrupts. Balance has superior mobility and noticeable selfheals, but lacks some control abilities and burst and can run out of force. Both full specs have access to Egress (hybrid doesn't) at the cost of some damage or management talents.

Hope that helps.
So taking those talents up in TK tree is better than Egress in 7/23/16. Basically I understand the higher Damage but what do you do when a Veng leaps and MS (without barrier)?

So far I have tested that, 23/0/23 and Balance with Egress and out of those I like the latter the most.

Also what gear do you suggest, namely crit and surge/ala amounts.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

ceazare
04.21.2014 , 05:05 AM | #6
I feel that 7/23/16 takes such a big hit in terms of damage that it's not worth it (I go full specs if I'm taking Egress). All the talents in 6th tier of TK are very good. The +50% surge to Disturbance and TK Wave talent is amazing for a number of reasons - in pvp more of your damage is aoe; it gives you the burst with Force Potency and your Disturbance hits for a lot because of Presence of Mind.

You can stun or knock back vengeance jug just before the last tick of Ravage, which hits for most of the 3 ticks, because their Unstoppable will be over by then. Takes some practice, but you get a feel for it. You can also start casting Force Lift as soon as they leap for the same effect, but you have to be prepared to do that.
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse

Ycoga
04.23.2014 , 04:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
So far I have tested that, 23/0/23 and Balance with Egress and out of those I like the latter the most.

Also what gear do you suggest, namely crit and surge/ala amounts.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...62&postcount=3

Crit: 0 rating
Alac: 7% base
Surge: 72% +
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

MisterBlackJack
04.24.2014 , 03:14 PM | #8

Hope that helps.
As a person who runs a hybrid Spec Sage DPS as my main. I run a 2/28/16 spec. Basically putting those extra 2 talent points in the crit boost from the healing tree allows me to focus more power into my gear. The DPS is straight stupid (in a good way lol).

I can have the big Burst hits that you would get from the full lightning tree but have everything instant cast. When you pop force potency at the right time when your relic procs, I have 3 abities (Disturbance, Telekentic Wave, and Force in Balance) all hitting anywhere between 8K and 11K damage a piece in a span of 3 seconds. Follow by a double speed tick of TKT and MC, makes me not the most favorite group member for tanks
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE