Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gemring
10.26.2018 , 06:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by shayvaan View Post
One small problem.
With a new build character you cannot get to Ossus, as you have no ship (unless you do the story through the capital planet)
You can simply start Chapter one of the Kotfe or Kotet Story.
Than you will get your ship.
Samaran
Tanson T3-M4
Impesa

shayvaan
10.26.2018 , 08:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Gemring View Post
You can simply start Chapter one of the Kotfe or Kotet Story.
Than you will get your ship.
Ummm… Galactic command does not show Kotfe of Kotet until they are started, and the only terminal I know of is on the ship. Is here another one I am not aware of?

Sarova
10.26.2018 , 08:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
hey folks,

Please us this thread for any and all feedback regarding the Ossus Daily and Weekly Missions. Reminder that crit pat/story Missions will not be accessible on PTS. Also, use this thread only for feedback, please post any bugs on the PTS Bug Report Forum. Be as specific as possible on your feedback including Mission names, locations, etc.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
I really fancy testing out the daily area as I think feedback will help it not be the toxic wasteland that is Iokath (I avoid those dailies like the plague as they are just not fun). I worried about the story being spoiled. Will any of the dailies reveal anything about the upcoming story?
Fix Vector's Eyes || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

BattleAxMaeve
10.26.2018 , 08:19 AM | #14
I am eager to test Ossus, but I cannot download the patch. I never deleted the PTS patch for the Rishi SH. Could that be interfering? It gets as far as Main assets 286, 66%, then everything freezes. No other programs on my computer work properly at that time--terrible lag (we're talking minutes between clicking on a program and it opening if it doesn't time out altogether).

Any suggestions? If I need to delete the old PTS files, where can I find them or what are their names. I don't want to delete the entire game by accident!

shayvaan
10.26.2018 , 08:23 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
I really fancy testing out the daily area as I think feedback will help it not be the toxic wasteland that is Iokath (I avoid those dailies like the plague as they are just not fun). I worried about the story being spoiled. Will any of the dailies reveal anything about the upcoming story?
[Heroic] Information Appropriation has a cutscene that is highly spoilerific, so I would suggest avoiding that mission if you are worried about such things.

PetersCD
10.26.2018 , 08:29 AM | #16
I've managed to clear most ot the heroics solo (pub and imp). Hold the Line (pub) has been the one that has felt most overtuned to me. I've managed it by killing the silvers and golds that don't respawn one by one, running away constantly and when normals are thats left grinding it out. Whether this is considered a problem or not depends on if these are intended to be done solo or as a group. I'm in min-maxed 248/240aug gear as a scoundrel/operative healer with a level 50 ranged companion.
I can't get a response for this in general on the PTS, so maybe someone here will answer: the heroics used to be on the daily board. for my chars on the PTS they aren't. i've found start points for 3 of 4 missions at various speeder landing zones, haven't been able to find that last one. where are other people getting the heroics?

Ld-Siris
10.26.2018 , 08:32 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BattleAxMaeve View Post
I am eager to test Ossus, but I cannot download the patch. I never deleted the PTS patch for the Rishi SH. Could that be interfering? It gets as far as Main assets 286, 66%, then everything freezes. No other programs on my computer work properly at that time--terrible lag (we're talking minutes between clicking on a program and it opening if it doesn't time out altogether).

Any suggestions? If I need to delete the old PTS files, where can I find them or what are their names. I don't want to delete the entire game by accident!
Yes I had to delete the old pts before I could download the new pts. It would just be stuck “downloading.

EricMusco
10.26.2018 , 10:15 AM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBatemanJ View Post
Query: Are the reputation items for Ossus meant to have Drastically (less than half) values compared to EVERY other reputation?
This is an intended change, yes. There are other changes surrounding it though you may not have yet experienced. Basically rep for Osuss looks like this:
  • Individual tokens reward less than before.
  • You can more consistently get rep tokens from content, ex: the world bosses regularly drop tokens.
  • The weekly cap for Ossus reputation is higher than other reps.
This re-balance of rep is meant to allow players who play a lot to earn more rep than they could before while also removing the situation where a player ends up with tokens in their inventory they can't even use. Definitely let us know your thoughts on this change as you are playing.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
10.26.2018 , 10:15 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
None that I saw. Now I haven't done the heroics---my main is a smuggler healer and so she has a bit of a problem doing the heroics but the normal dailies don't or I wouldn't do them.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

casirabit
10.26.2018 , 10:18 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is an intended change, yes. There are other changes surrounding it though you may not have yet experienced. Basically rep for Osuss looks like this:
  • Individual tokens reward less than before.
  • You can more consistently get rep tokens from content, ex: the world bosses regularly drop tokens.
  • The weekly cap for Ossus reputation is higher than other reps.
This re-balance of rep is meant to allow players who play a lot to earn more rep than they could before while also removing the situation where a player ends up with tokens in their inventory they can't even use. Definitely let us know your thoughts on this change as you are playing.

-eric
Eric,

Is the heroics meant for a group or for solo/with companion. If solo then you may want to check the output of the bosses in them. I have a smuggler healer (she is 248 gear with 240 aguments) and a level 50 companion and not able to complete the heroic. I don't want it simple but I do want to be able to complete it.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj