Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

When skipping straight to Ossus what gear rating would the character start with?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
When skipping straight to Ossus what gear rating would the character start with?

Hlinn's Avatar


Hlinn
10.30.2018 , 12:36 AM | #1
It's been mentioned that there will supposedly be a feature (a la Outlander Token) to skip straight to Ossus -- what gear rating should we be testing for that? Do you get any sort of companion bonus?

I mean, powering through the story, I have characters that ended up at gear rating 229 simply due to bad crate luck -- and you can pretty easily make it through KOTET, and fractured alliances, and still be in the 220s. Pef/F2P players especially are gonna be showing up in 220 blues. Is there interest in feedback for lower gear ratings? Or is the fact that trash mobs drops 228 greens (and 242 oranges with blue mods) trying to set the floor for expected gear rating moving forward?

Or is the PTS forum mostly for reporting bugs over giving general feedback on play-ability?

I wasn't around for any of the older PTS runs so I'm not entirely sure what type of feedback will be most useful.

TSCYoda's Avatar


TSCYoda
10.30.2018 , 09:15 AM | #2
If you make a new char, you get after a few steps a terminal which ports you direct to Odessen.
There you push your char to lvl 70 and can refit your char with gear from 230 up to 248 (augments 228 up to 240).
The terminal to get lvl 70 also gives 500000 credits every time you click onto it.
the gear is here - due to testing reasons - very cheap.

Please notice: as the dailies on ossu are quite a lot more competiting you should gear up to 248/240



Greetings
Markus
I'm the signature, i'm just cleaning up here

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
10.30.2018 , 09:56 AM | #3
You can also get 252 gear as well.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.30.2018 , 02:15 PM | #4
I think the larger question that still has not been answered: what gear rating is this content intended for? It's a valid point that if it's going to be tuned to 242+ it's going to be a problem for more casual/story-oriented players who have been able to get through everything in 230s.

Darevsool's Avatar


Darevsool
10.30.2018 , 02:23 PM | #5
I ran through most of the imp side dailies, including the heroic, in 248 augmented gear with a level 50 companion with no problems at all.

From what I've read, performance depends greatly on which class you're playing and (obviously) how well you know your class.

Also, the pub side heroic, at least one of them, is over-tuned at the moment from everything I've read.

Since the STORY itself isn't going to be put on PTS...the dailies are all we really have to go by.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

LD_Little_Dragon's Avatar


LD_Little_Dragon
10.31.2018 , 05:28 PM | #6
It seems to be tuned fine for the casual story-only players. (Except for things like Hold the Line that have been already noted to be impossible even for full 248 geared players).

Casuals should be in at least 230 gear by Ossus, so I geared a deceception sin and scoundrel healer in basic 230, unaugmented gear.

I ran through the dailies and heroics on both with a level 15 companion, and using only their basic class buff.

Some of the silver mobs on pubside were a little challenging, but overall I had no problems.

With 248 fully augmented gear and a level 50 companion everything was much easier, but all the dailies are still easy enough to do even with low-gear, poor stats, and low-influence companions.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

MandFlurry's Avatar


MandFlurry
11.01.2018 , 04:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I think the larger question that still has not been answered: what gear rating is this content intended for? It's a valid point that if it's going to be tuned to 242+ it's going to be a problem for more casual/story-oriented players who have been able to get through everything in 230s.
I played with my Lightning Sorc in 230 gear, and had it too easy, or just barely made it in 2 areas of the Dailies with my Companion Lana at only level 10. So, ill have to test my other toons, but i hope Ossus isn't too easy. I know some people are complaining about the gear stats, but my Sorc was fine, and usually too easy.

I did record this to to video.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
11.02.2018 , 04:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
It seems to be tuned fine for the casual story-only players. (Except for things like Hold the Line that have been already noted to be impossible even for full 248 geared players).

Casuals should be in at least 230 gear by Ossus, so I geared a deceception sin and scoundrel healer in basic 230, unaugmented gear.

I ran through the dailies and heroics on both with a level 15 companion, and using only their basic class buff.

Some of the silver mobs on pubside were a little challenging, but overall I had no problems.

With 248 fully augmented gear and a level 50 companion everything was much easier, but all the dailies are still easy enough to do even with low-gear, poor stats, and low-influence companions.
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
I played with my Lightning Sorc in 230 gear, and had it too easy, or just barely made it in 2 areas of the Dailies with my Companion Lana at only level 10. So, ill have to test my other toons, but i hope Ossus isn't too easy. I know some people are complaining about the gear stats, but my Sorc was fine, and usually too easy.

I did record this to to video.
That's really good to know - thank you. Given what people were saying about Hold the Line I was envisioning the whole area set to 248+.