Rapter's Guide to Fighting Dirty Like a Boss

Ardim

I don't play PVE but I think there shouldnt be much of a difference.

Vital Shot - Hemo Blast - Shrap Bomb - Sab Charge - Flourish Shot - Wounding Shots - Speed Shot ...

This is the way to get the highest burst DF is capable of.

If you need to maintain your energy like in boss fights I'd suggest to go like this:

Vital Shot - Flurry of Bolts (FoB) - Shrap Bomb - FoB - Flourish Shot - Hemo Blast - FoB - Wounding Shots - Sab Charge - FoB .....

I can only theorycrafting here 'cause like I said before, I'm not a PVE player.

You don't need to use Speed Shot at all. You have enough time and energy to use Wounding Shots and Hemo Blast as soon as they get off cool down.

Make sure to reapply your DOTs only when they are almost out so you don't waste energy.

TL : DR

DOTs when they run out - Hemo, Wounding Shots, Sab Charge whenever they are ready and fill in FoB to keep your energy high.

Best regards

Fore pve: you don't need all that fob, and speed shot is a good chunk of your damage (highest after your bleeds and wounding shots), stupid not to use use since you've already specced it to have more dmg.

As I just said in another topic:

Basic outline is shrap bomb + vital shot + hemo + wounding shots, then you have some fillers (speed shot, sab charge, aimed shot, flurry of bolts and of course quickdraw) until wounding shots is back up. After 2nd wounding shots you basically start over again. But you shouldn't be mechanically pressing 1234. Since our energy regen is dependant partly on dot crits, its not always consistent, so you have to actively pay attention and sometimes delay skills if it puts you under 60% or sometimes you can squeeze in some extra stuff if you regen more. Also the pve bonus (+10 energy from illegal mods) actually is very good for the purpose of putting you above 60% threshold. Note that your wounding shots will still do full dmg even if your dots have worn off and replaced with weaker versions. Oh, and you should also keep flourish shot up, although its not needed any more if there are other armor debuffs, its still a good practice.
Edited by Kiisu

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just re-specced to DF. I have been reading the variosu posts, and got a bit confised in terms of the timing of Hem and WS.

What is the best rotation for a DF full spec....PvE????

Your main rotation should be Shrap Bomb, Vital Shot, Hemorrhaging blast and then Wounding Shots.

You can also start the rotation with a Sabotage Charge (Personally I have Cover and Sabotage Charge bound to the same key, so I can quickly double tap the key to enter Cover and throw the Charge, then get up and start kiting again - although if you're only looking at PvE then you won't be kiting quite as much)

You're free to add Speed-Shot and Flourish Shot when you can, although as has been previously mentioned, your Energy Regen depends heavily on your DOTS Critting, so some times you'll find that you have to play it by ear.

(Personally I have Cover and Sabotage Charge bound to the same key, so I can quickly double tap the key to enter Cover and throw the Charge, then get up and start kiting again - although if you're only looking at PvE then you won't be kiting quite as much)

How do you do this? I tried assigning F to sabotage and it eliminated the key binding for cover.

How do you do this? I tried assigning F to sabotage and it eliminated the key binding for cover.

You use the Take Cover ability from your Abilities list.

So for example, put the Take Cover ability on your Standard Toolbar in ToolSlot 2, then place the Sabotage Charge (Or Charge Burst for SS Spec for those instant Charged Bursts, it works along the same principle) into ToolSlot 2 on your Cover Toolbar.

The Standard Toolbar and the Cover Toolbar work as the same bar when it comes to Keybinds, so a double tap of the '2' Key (or whatever you have bound) will drop you into Cover and then throw a Sabotage Charge out instantly.

Edited by Dracokyaku

Maybe there is a problem with wounding shots in that hemorrhaging blast charges are consumed without the damage boost?

Wounding shots internal damage component is granted the damage boost from Hemorrhaging blast, again, it's something you can check yourself in a few minutes with a Targeting Dummy. :)

my rotation is slightly different... but it all does the same. the heal debuff is long enough to do what you want whether you put it at the beginning middle or end of your rotation. I use it at the beginning and have no problems taking people down.

some suggestions were to take streetwise... i would definitely take that...

as for independant anarchy... i see it as worthless when you are talking about dot damage.. it increases it only by 8 damage per tick...and for sab charge... that is not where the bulk of my damage comes from.. i usually use it to finish somebody off. and it does plenty of damage without that skill.

so swap out bravado for streetwise and your good...

Wounding shots internal damage component is granted the damage boost from Hemorrhaging blast, again, it's something you can check yourself in a few minutes with a Targeting Dummy. :)

if wounding shots is taking up some of the 10 ticks of Hemorhaging blast then its a bug....

it should not be taking up any.... however... a good test would be to just apply hemorrhaging blast and no dots and shott of wounding shots... see if it takes up the ticks.... if it does then its a bug... it shouldnt be doing that..

hemorrahging blast doesnt give a bleed... so it should not be affected either way for wounding shots or wounding shots affecting HB

if wounding shots is taking up some of the 10 ticks of Hemorhaging blast then its a bug....

it should not be taking up any.... however... a good test would be to just apply hemorrhaging blast and no dots and shott of wounding shots... see if it takes up the ticks.... if it does then its a bug... it shouldnt be doing that..

Actually no, its not a good test, since wounding shots without dots present won't have internal dmg component. Hemo blast charges will go off on wounding shots internal dmg components which i think is working as intended.

Edited by Kiisu

a good test would be to just apply hemorrhaging blast and no dots and shott of wounding shots... see if it takes up the ticks.... if it does then its a bug... it shouldnt be doing that..

Wounding shots supplies no internal damage component unless you already have bleeds on the Target, as such no ticks of Hemorrhaging blast would be used up in that scenario.

If you do have Bleeds on the target prior to applying HB and WS then your HB tick will be used up when the Internal damage component of WS is triggered, it's designed this way so as to give us burst capability when needed.

Wounding shots supplies no internal damage component unless you already have bleeds on the Target, as such no ticks of Hemorrhaging blast would be used up in that scenario.

If you do have Bleeds on the target prior to applying HB and WS then your HB tick will be used up when the Internal damage component of WS is triggered, it's designed this way so as to give us burst capability when needed.

exactly... so its vital shot and shrap bomb that are ticking down hemorrhaging blast NOT wounding shots

exactly... so its vital shot and shrap bomb that are ticking down hemorrhaging blast NOT wounding shots

Not at all. The ticks are used by the INTERNAL component of Wounding shots, which only comes into play if you have Bleeds already present on the Target.

Wounding shots doesn't speed up the Ticks provided by Vital Shot and Shrap Bomb, the bonus Internal damage which uses up said HB ticks is provided by Wounding Shots, Vital Shot and Shrap bomb will continue to tick away in the background.

If a Vital shot/Shrap bomb tick takes place during the use of Wounding Shots then that too will benefit from Hemorrhaging blast.

I can't believe your are arguing about that regarding everything that has already been said here..

WS DOES CONSUME HEMO CHARGES! (like intended and receaives dmg buff from it)

see previous poster

Edited by Riiquiem

I can't believe your are arguing about that regarding everything that has already been said here..

WS DOES CONSUME HEMO CHARGES! (like intended and receaives dmg buff from it)

see previous poster

as intended? are you a developer?

last i checked in the description it says that the next 10 BLEEDS... not next 10 internal damage....

wounding blast doesnt give a bleed it gives a bonus internal damage on the number of bleeds on your target...

so like i said previously... .then it is a BUG

as intended? are you a developer?

last i checked in the description it says that the next 10 BLEEDS... not next 10 internal

According to Georg Zoeller it's intended, that's good enough for me.

Bleeds = Internal by the way, mouse over Shrap bomb and read the discription, specifically..

Causing up to 3 targets within 5 meters to bleed for xxxx internal damage over 21 seconds.
Edited by Dracokyaku

According to Georg Zoeller it's intended, that's good enough for me.

Bleeds = Internal by the way, mouse over Shrap bomb and read the discription.

yes on shrap it says it specifically says it BLEEDS for a specific amount of damage... on wounding shot it does not mention any bleed... and yes bleed is a internal damage but an internal damage shot doesnt necessarily mean its a bleed.

P.S. link to where george zoeller said it is intended please.... if they are willing to accept the bug as intended then i guess oh well... but then they need to reword their wounding shot

Edited by Safgril

yes on shrap it says it specifically says it BLEEDS for a specific amount of damage... on wounding shot it does not mention any bleed... and yes bleed is a internal damage but an internal damage shot doesnt necessarily mean its a bleed.

/Facepalm

I give up, you obviously know far more about Gunslinger and Dirty Fighting than the rest of us, please award yourself +1 internets. :)

I don't even get why you are so upset about this. Since most of you are pvpers here I would think you would relish the fact that wounding shots does more burst because of that simple fact.

Not at all. The ticks are used by the INTERNAL component of Wounding shots, which only comes into play if you have Bleeds already present on the Target.

Wounding shots doesn't speed up the Ticks provided by Vital Shot and Shrap Bomb, the bonus Internal damage which uses up said HB ticks is provided by Wounding Shots, Vital Shot and Shrap bomb will continue to tick away in the background.

If a Vital shot/Shrap bomb tick takes place during the use of Wounding Shots then that too will benefit from Hemorrhaging blast.

This is all correct. To clarify, Hemorrhaging Blast's 10 charges increase the damage dealt from all your bleed effects (which includes Shrap Bomb, Headshot, and the internal damage dealt by Wounding Shots as well). This is not a bug.

Wounding Shot's damage is likewise increased by Cold Blooded when the target is at low life. Hope this helps!

I contacted GZ last night and asked him if he could confirm again (in this thread) if it is or isn't intended that WS uses up charges of HB, hopefully he or someone else at Austin will have a few spare moments to help clarify and we can move on.

This is all correct. To clarify, Hemorrhaging Blast's 10 charges increase the damage dealt from all your bleed effects (which includes Shrap Bomb, Headshot, and the internal damage dealt by Wounding Shots as well). This is not a bug.

Wounding Shot's damage is likewise increased by Cold Blooded when the target is at low life. Hope this helps!

Thanks for confirming!

then you need to reword hemorraging blast instead of bleeds saying the next 10 internal damages. only reason is because wounding shot isnt a bleed

then you need to reword hemorraging blast instead of bleeds saying the next 10 internal damages. only reason is because wounding shot isnt a bleed

Ummm... why?

This is what the tooltip says for Wounding Shots: (I've highlighted the relevant part)

===================================================

Fires a wave of bolts at the target each second, dealing 492 - 545 weapon damage. For each of your bleed effects present on the target during each wave, the target hemorrhages for an additional 145 internal damage. Fires both blasters if dual wielding.

You are right and you are wrong. Right because Wounding Shots itself isn't a "bleed". *HOWEVER*, you are wrong, because for each of *your* bleed effects already on the target, it causes the target to hemorrhage (another word for "bleed") for additional damage.

This is the "internal" component people have been talking about and this internal component is a "bleed" effect. It is not a "bleed over time" effect, but it is a "bleed" effect (consider it an "instant" bleed). As such it will consume a stack of Hemorrhaging Blast.

Here for your refence is the tooltip of Hemorrhaging Blast: (highlighted again)

Deals 553 - 639 weapon damage and causes the target to take 30% additional damage from the Smuggler's next 10 bleed effects. Lasts 15 seconds. Fires both blasters if dual wielding.

There is no need to reword Hemorrhaging Blast.

I'm wondering where people are getting their burst from myself in DF. I've been using it on my new gunslinger and putting up gigantic numbers ins warzones - almost always top DPS or at least very near to it. That said, I feel like its DPS which is really spread out and not nearly as strong against single targets as SS. Now, obviously, this is largely the idea and simply a matter of the spec design, and I'm fine with that. Still only level 42, but I'm keeping my gear very up to date so it scales well with bolster and now having hit the 31 point talent, I feel reasonably confident in my ability to get some meaningful insight out of playing the spec.

The thing is, I see folks in videos - and more importantly, against me - using lethality or DF dropping some very effective single target burst. I recall a level 45 lethality sniper - someone who has just about the same skill points he was able to spend as I - drop me from full health to almost zero with a single cull. I'm sure there was a sab charge on me, a weakening blast , and so forth, but still - even using all of these I've never been able to get more than 1/4 - 1/3 out of a person's health in a single wounding shots.

I've used the standard

Vital Shot -> Hemorrhaging Blast -> Shrap Bomb - Sab Charge - > Flourhish - Wounding Shots

And also

Vital Shot -> Shrap Bomb - Sab Charge - > Flourhish -> Hemorrhaging Blast -> Wounding Shots

and a whole bunch of similar things to try to maximize the strength of the wounding shots. No success. Thoughts?