If you could have one super power, what would it be?

Tenacity

This is a fun little topic that comes up in some of the other forums I frequent. Just for sake of discussion and entertainment, what superpower would you choose for yourself? How would you put it to use?

Here's a reference site if you want some ideas for interesting or unorthodox powers:

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Supernatural_Powers_and_Abilities

My preferences have changed a lot over the years, but these days I'm fairly sure I'd go with Gravity Manipulation. For a single power set, it offers a huge amount of utility and potential: flight, strength, mobility, creating miniature black holes, or even distorting time.

Mind control without a doubt. Not the flaky kind.. The kind of mind control like Matt Parkman from "Heroes" had. I want to be able to push my thoughts deep into someones brain and pull out whatever I want from their brain.

I would be so evil with my power, "benefit to mankind" crap.

Why is the concept of controlling others so appealing?

I chose shapeshifting - I wish to have more control over myself.

I'd be able to explore the world, I'd be able to sneak around unnoticed, I'd be able to fly, I'd be able to live a simple life.

I've got no need for minions ;)

I chose shapeshifting - I wish to have more control over myself.

I'd be able to explore the world, I'd be able to sneak around unnoticed, I'd be able to fly, I'd be able to live a simple life.

I've got no need for minions ;)

Easily people try have others do what they want. Imagine how much easier life could would be with total control over people. No more asking just commanding and them doing whatever you want. You can't see the potential and appeal for this. I see it.

Simple answer, because most people are weak minded. Toss in the fact that a lot of people have some sort of inferiority complex, it would only make sense for people wanting to control others.

On topic: Flight.

I would want the ability to "borrow" the superpower of another at will.

So if I meet somone that can fly, I can "borrow" their flying, if it is fire breath or super strenght then I borrow it hehe:D

That sounds like X-Men's Rogue's power. Does yours also have the side effect that everyone ends up in a coma if they don't have a superpower? :D

That sounds like X-Men's Rogue's power. Does yours also have the side effect that everyone ends up in a coma if they don't have a superpower? :D

That does kinda sound like rogue. What happens if no one else in the world expect you has a superpower. Mine as I mentioned "Mind Control" Life would be so much more easier when I just tell people what I want..Ice cream..a million dollars..etc a close second would be to live forever. I'm actually debating on those two on which I want.