Speed hacks and lag hacks galor

SithScorp

Love that you took disciplinary action against people that got some extra credits from YOUR error with the temple chairs....BUT...

We are STILL getting people CHEATING in the warzones by using speed hacks and causing lag.

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THIS!!!!

Because people getting some extra credits is SO MUCH WORSE THAN CHEATING IN WARZONES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Reassess your priorities and get this under control please.

WARZONE CHEATERS ruin the gaming experience more than people getting money.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not always your end. Those select people might have terrible connection and aren't able to send their positions for sometime. They could also be lag-switchers

Both cases, it's out of Bioware's hands. Unless they implement some sort of latency consistency check.

Not always your end. Those select people might have terrible connection and aren't able to send their positions for sometime. They could also be lag-switchers

Both cases, it's out of Bioware's hands. Unless they implement some sort of latency consistency check.

EXACTLY my point...

You can tell who's using the hack and who isn't.

If you have lag, everyone is running fast or frozen in place. including yourself.

You can spot the ones using the hack by their character constantly doing this weird vibrating jerking motion. On top of them running way to fast. Also, healers that use it seem to never go down in health. You hit them over and over and over and it seems like your barely making a dent. No, it has nothing to do with tanks guarding them. I play a healer so I know how fast you can cast heals. These guys heals are just zip, zip, zip over and over. Even if you hit them with whatever spell it is you have that says they can't use the same utility for 4 seconds, bam, their using it instantly. I've even seen them in the hutball pit run up the wall to the end zone. No, no one was there for them to jump to nor was there anyone there to pull them up. There's a few video's out there on Youtube that shows this exploit.

It's because this speed hack application speed up their computer, which in turn, speeds up their game speed. No modifications are even done to the SWTOR app. They can turn it on and off in an instant. Which makes it almost impossible to catch them.

It is a shame these people are using it cause it really is an unfair advantage and totally ruins the game. Only way to report them is to record your session and submit it to Bioware.

EXACTLY my point...

Adding a consistency check could very well beef the netcode, though. Causing more overall lag. Online games, specifically mmo's are designed to send as little information as possible client-server-client wise, so the important stuff isn't lost with errything else.

Unfortunately 'latency checkers' are classed as errything else.

HAH.

Edited by Cedaie

It's because this speed hack application speed up their computer, which in turn, speeds up their game speed. No modifications are even done to the SWTOR app. They can turn it on and off in an instant. Which makes it almost impossible to catch them.

That's not how a speed hack works, the speed of your computer or how fast it executes instructions doesn't affect your client's communication with the server at all.

Yes they can turn the hack on or off, or even vary the speed boost they get, but it does this by injecting into the client-server communication even if it doesn't modify the client in any way.

Anyways, after all the videos of a certain person whose name begins with J have showed up, I don't think there's anyone that can deny that speed hacks exist. That combined with the fact that said person still plays the game and hasn't been banned...

Edited by Draqsko

Lag Switcher?!?!?!?

Oh great. I knew nothing about that destructive little monster. Wonderful. just wonderful.

The lengths people go to ruin it for others.

This is nothing new it has been around since gears of war 1 and before, the fact that BW did not do their homework on the subject is just pitiful tbh.

Is there anyone out there who still thinking that there aren't speed hackers or lag switchers?

Really many ppl think that because this is a server based game there are no hacks at all?

Ok we can understand that high pingers are ruin the game connection causing servers to start hitching but from the other hand many ppl saw them in action.

I personally stop playing when we had one in my team that took all 3 turrets in alderaan before we even get our asses down there. And youbknow something. He s stilkl playing.

As op said i think is better to start banning those instead of the chair exploiters.....come on.....

Edited by Sotmax

I have had it happen before. I am in TS a lot when Im in warzones and every once in a while against certain people everyone will lag and they magically cap a pylon or score with the huttball. And everyones ************ about lag in real time so I know its not just me.

I just hope you talk about real speedhacks, not Berserking Carnage Mara with Predation :p

Believe me i can see when maras or sents open trancendence or predation. I already do that too with my sent but is not that.

Hacks exists believe it or not....

You can tell who's using the hack and who isn't.

If you have lag, everyone is running fast or frozen in place. including yourself.

You can spot the ones using the hack by their character constantly doing this weird vibrating jerking motion. On top of them running way to fast. Also, healers that use it seem to never go down in health. You hit them over and over and over and it seems like your barely making a dent. No, it has nothing to do with tanks guarding them. I play a healer so I know how fast you can cast heals. These guys heals are just zip, zip, zip over and over. Even if you hit them with whatever spell it is you have that says they can't use the same utility for 4 seconds, bam, their using it instantly.

I've been seeing this lately on my server, The Shadowlands, and the first few times I thought I was just experiencing lag. Even though I rarely if ever have that. My server ping time is always a solid 38 ms, consistently, and my FPS runs 100 usually, and dips to around 40 in warzones or on fleet.

Twice now I've seen something weird in Voidstar. The door bomb alert going off before we leave spawn. Once the doors open and we get there, the other team has already extended the bridge and planted the next door!

I assume these are speed hacks. Nothing we can do about it I suppose?

Or they are in fact lagging themselves.

I've seen this a couple of times, too. Usually has been a jittery dance all around me but not fluid. They take no damage and keep hitting till I am dead. I've not reported it, because I've always thought it could be lag, you know?

I have had it happen before. I am in TS a lot when Im in warzones and every once in a while against certain people everyone will lag and they magically cap a pylon or score with the huttball. And everyones ************ about lag in real time so I know its not just me.

Hutt ball is when I see the most cheating... And it has really increased dramatically on Harbinger since PVP guilds are transferring from Pot5 and other PvP servers because their servers are dying... Obviously their servers died because of this behaviour... Now they are infecting other servers...

Its apparent who is doing it too... Certain guilds and players stand out after you have played numerous games with or against them... I've even had some of them admit it and they say "who cares, bio do nothing, I've been doing it since launch"... The other thing they use is Macros... Which are against the TOS...

Glitching can happen because of lag... But when it happens constantly against said players/guilds and always at the most convenient moments... It is more than coincidence

And it has really increased dramatically on Harbinger since PVP guilds are transferring from Pot5 and other PvP servers because their servers are dying... Obviously their servers died because of this behaviour... Now they are infecting other servers...

Yeah of course some people cheat. No, the extremely rare cheating on POT5 had zilch to do with the server taking a dive.

On Harb I have ridiculous issues vs. a lot of players that I know are APAC. It's usually not even like any issues I've experienced in this game since launch; with me being on US east coast and playing east coast servers. It's weird, sucky, why even bother playing on Harb type issues. I'm gonna say geography is a thing, not us all cheating.

If you post outrageous stuff like this anything legit you say is going to get lost in the noise.

Edited by Joesixxpack

On Tofn exist guy with nickname Twenty, who use speed hacks, all server know about him, this guy already received so many bans, and create a new accounts, name them a legion.

Also Lilililili (something like this), who use teleports out of map on ranked arenas/

On Tofn exist guy with nickname Twenty, who use speed hacks, all server know about him, this guy already received so many bans, and create a new accounts, name them a legion.

Also Lilililili (something like this), who use teleports out of map on ranked arenas/

So... here's what BioWare will do.

They will end up banning YOU for calling out players by 'name'. They will call this harassment.

Then, if they chose to take action or investigate the individuals that you have named... you will never know. Either they will magically just disappear some day or change their names or whatever.

BioWare will tell you 'open up tickets' and report them.

I know, I know... you and dozens of other people probably already have opened up tickets and reported them, yet nothing has apparently been done.

So... the forum MOD's/Admins (who aren't actually game admins) will end up getting your forum account banned for a bit. You won't have any kind of confirmation whatsoever if/when anything happens to the 'hackers/cheaters' though.

I wish, honestly, that these players would be made public examples and shamed. Why the heck not? Change 1 character in their name and let your community know that you are actually doing something!

- Joe Public/Paying Customer/Rank1 Nobody Pleb