Its time to shelve the sorc for good =(

Drack

So your class is being adjusted, you call for nerfs in others? TK throw is too much? Well how about:

Sage/Sorc Hyrbid Spec.

AoE Knockback + Root

Force Stun Root.

Slow from TK Throw channel (spammable)

Protective Bubble

Bubble AoE Stun that can be triggered at will

Force Speed

Force Lift + 2 Second Stun

Ability to heal.

AoE Burst Damage.

Unlimited Force in this hybrid spec.

Freindly Pull

That's what the hybrid sage/sorc can do now. It needed adjusting, Shadows are not being adjusted because they don't need to be, if anything the Infiltration tree needs tweaking a bit to make it more viable.

Oh and the Shadow Harnessed TK throw CAN be interrupted, good players know how, bad players come to forums and call for nerfs.

What does any of that have to do with the healing nerfs though?

AoE Knockback + Root - we don't have that. knockback is shared with assassins.

Force Stun Root - not sure that you mean by that, but we don't have a root for healers

Slow from FL - ya, but it roots us to use it. shared with assassins

Protective bubble - we have that, but all the talents to improve it are outside our tree. That leaves us with a 3k bubble every 20 seconds.

Bubble AoE stun - we don't have that as healers.

Force Speed - also shared with assassin/shadows who have most the other abilities you've listed here and stealth and way better dmg.

Force lift + 2 second stun - we dont get the insta cast or the stun. Also shared with assassins.

Ability to heal - ya, that's what we do. We're healers.

AoE burst dmg - healers don't have that. Some of the healer hybrids get deathfield, so there's a 1500 dmg AE on a 15 second CD that hits 3 targets max. Course, assassins can also get deathfield.

Unlimited force - we're losing that for healers in 1.2, and we're the ones who actually need it.

Friendly pull - only good in huttball, and has the same range/targeting limitations as passing the ball. So really, its not that much better than passing. Its not like we can pull people IN to fires, acid, etc and kill them when they have the ball. Assassins can.

So while you say assassins don't need to be looked at, over half the abilities you complained about there are shared with assassins, who also have invulnerabilities, vanishes, etc. I'm not calling for nerfs on them though, I just find it strange you're saying sorcs need to be nerfed when nearly everything you complained about assassins have too.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I find funny is that you have no clue exactly but how this is going to affect the class as a whole or play out in the long run but immediately start assuming the worst...

They broke the assassin hybrid long before they have touched the sorc hybrid which frankly even if you don't think so needed some toning down and anyone looking from an objective standpoint would agree with that.

The assassin changes forced them to effectively have to pick one spec and live with it which was exactly the same moment most players went full tank spec for pvp as it's really the only viable option if you want to be competitive in pvp. It was a nerf but wasn't a class killer by any means.

I see the change as a move for the positive as it is going to make your AC finally choose what spec you want to be and what roll you want to fill instead of filling them all. I hate to be cliche but you can't have your cake and eat it to.

They BUFFED darkness to the point you can be a tank that does excellent dps. Sorcerers received no such buff. The healing tree went through a major overhaul, lightning stayed about the same except for where to put the extra 10 talent points due to what comes next which is madness also receiving a nerf. Overall lightning is still bottom of the barrel, 31 point talents still suck except corruption and madness actually has received a 1-2% dps nerf.

Assassin's on the otherhand were just waiting for the nerf to darkness dps, the nerf which didn't happen, because they know it is overpowered. If you are going to compare the two at least call it apples and oranges instead of apples and apples.

With the 1.2 changes rolling out, and the death of hybrid specs for sorc, Im afraid I cannot play a sorc anymore. The lies I have been feeding myself about how BW would make our class on par with the other classes has to stop.

Time to get a marauder up, because they were surely so underpowered that they needed a nudge up the hill. Not sure I will have the energy to level it up tho, knowing that all PvP persists of now will be spamming WZ all day. Because surely enough they have executed Ilum as well.

I had so much damn faith in you BW! I hate to admit it, but the haters on the boards that said BW should stick to single player games were right all along, joke is on me.

I laughed real hard spamming lightning was hard for you huh?

I doubt youll be able to handle a class that actually requires skill

Madness does between 1% and 2% less overall dps. It got a nerf not a buff.

20% more damage on CD, 6% more damage on Affliction and Shock. That's a buff.

I'd also like to take this time to point out to the people saying Sage/Sorc wont have any more 300k dam/150k healing games are wrong. The healing hybrid spec is just fine. The only hybrid to take a hit, was light/mad. And, tbqh, 300k/150k is super easy to do as 31 mad anyways.

I play a sorc. its the best damn class i can find next to sniper. (yeah whine about class imbalance if you want to)

if you cant kill a sorc a tank is just guarding him/her, if i enter a BG i get nuked instantly. i dont get time to heal off until second time around.

I have had enough of sorc whining. seriously. those effing marauders hit me for 5 k plus (yes i have 500 plus xpertise) and the just annihilate me 1 on 1.

if you still whine about sorcs. just effin quit the game or learn to outsmart them. no need to whine to make you better.

training makes perfect,

BTW, when is the Mara nerf hitting us ? they dont need a effin buff seriously. everyones a mara in pvp today !

I have a sorc same thing and it is easy mode compared to Marauder. Your full of it.

They are both easy mode. You are just terribad.

Yawn.

Bet you said you are gonna go to SWTOR when you were playing wow. There are no dedicated healers in GW2 by the way.

You see, i never played POS called WoW. And no dedicated healers is best thing that can happen to MMOs.

You do know that any "hardcore" player has many 50's right? There is very little to do in this game once you have ground out BM...

I'd imagine that most of us have a Sorc... I do, along with a BM BH and Mara - I know exactly how difficult they all are when it comes to being effective in PvP.

Sorc is a tad harder than Arsenal Merc, but just a tad. A Mara, although not what I'd ever call "hard" is infinitely more complex than a Sorc - especially the hyrid type.

I'm not saying they are OP at anything but Huttball - but don't carry on about how difficult they are to play and expect anybody to take you seriously. ;)

Theres no "hard" class in SWTOR. Period

People just thinking theres something, anything, hard about SWTOR speakes volumes.

no sir, you are "terribad"....lmao. u need to play the OP class or you suck. Have fun in GW2, ure imp friends wont miss you...and the republic will only miss the smear on the ground we'd leave of you

Good, when all good PvPers leave it will be you and rest of terribads. Some grea PvP! Rofl

Oh yah, if you want much better PvP GW2 will do that for you. Or you can stay in SWTOR and deal with BS like this.

Edited by GrandMike

I have no idea what the fuss is all about. Have you guys actually read the notes? There is no nerfing whatsoever, if anything just the cost of something but not the damage itself >.> sheesh chill out Sorcs. You guys will still be doing massive crit and getting a bunch loads of medals in PVP so please, spare the nonsense.

Sorcs never did massive crits, we did the smallest crits in the game. Way to actually know *** this game is about.

I'm fine with them making the hybrid spec not viable( Lightning/Madness one). I don't like hybrids anyway. But they should have improved Lightning and Madness. Madness, a DoT heavy spec, without talents that reduces the chance of DoT dispelling is idiotic. The 31 pointer could also provide a damage upon dispell to make removing it not trivial. All they had to do was take a look at the Warlock trees from WoW. I haven't kept up with the changes on them past BC, but back then the affliction tree was a very fun spec to play.

Lightning also needs some love.

Edited by McGringo

I laughed real hard spamming lightning was hard for you huh?

I doubt youll be able to handle a class that actually requires skill

For intelligent people, that comment makes YOU look stupid, not me. Way to pwn yourself.

20% more damage on CD, 6% more damage on Affliction and Shock. That's a buff.

I'd also like to take this time to point out to the people saying Sage/Sorc wont have any more 300k dam/150k healing games are wrong. The healing hybrid spec is just fine. The only hybrid to take a hit, was light/mad. And, tbqh, 300k/150k is super easy to do as 31 mad anyways.

Obviously you wanted to sound smart, and slung out a comment that is not true at all. Im sorry that you did not read the patch notes, but now is the time sir.

I will give you 1 of the changes that you claimed. 20% dmg more on CD is not correct, it is 20% more dmg on the DOT on CD IF it comsumes the wrath buff.

The healing you have to look for yourself. But its worse than the dps spec.

There is alot of people who likes the fact that they are gutting hybrid specs. Do you guys really want to only get 3 viable specs, with no hybrid specs working? You want to be forced into taking your 31 pt or your ****ed?

And obviously BW was never good at balancing the tree, so basically you only have 2 options. 2 trees to spec in. Sorc its healing and madnes. Jugg its tank or rage etc. You really want that? No diversity? All cookie cutter?

Its not 1 spec that is destroyed, its several. There were alot of specs centered around that particular feature. They are all dead now. Both PvE and PvP are ruined.

True. They really hurt full madness tree specs dps output. A full madness tree spec wasn't OP at all, yet we are getting nerfed pretty hard with the changes to calcify and disintigration. They chose a bad soution... I just hope I can still help the pugs I get into win PVE stuff. They usually rely on my dps for wins, with the nerf... I may not be able to get us there.

I play a sorc. its the best damn class i can find next to sniper. (yeah whine about class imbalance if you want to)

if you cant kill a sorc a tank is just guarding him/her, if i enter a BG i get nuked instantly. i dont get time to heal off until second time around.

I have had enough of sorc whining. seriously. those effing marauders hit me for 5 k plus (yes i have 500 plus xpertise) and the just annihilate me 1 on 1.

if you still whine about sorcs. just effin quit the game or learn to outsmart them. no need to whine to make you better.

training makes perfect,

BTW, when is the Mara nerf hitting us ? they dont need a effin buff seriously. everyones a mara in pvp today !

The two unplaced specs of mara got buffed, and the main spec got nerfed slightly.

Also, if a mara hit you for 5k, he was in full Rakata armor with a sprinkling of pvp gear, and you had neither.

There is alot of people who likes the fact that they are gutting hybrid specs. Do you guys really want to only get 3 viable specs, with no hybrid specs working? You want to be forced into taking your 31 pt or your ****ed?

And obviously BW was never good at balancing the tree, so basically you only have 2 options. 2 trees to spec in. Sorc its healing and madnes. Jugg its tank or rage etc. You really want that? No diversity? All cookie cutter?

It's not just hybrids. It's heals as well. Conveyance is being ripped to shreds.