Can I have my money back?

EvenHardNiner

I bought 8 hypercrates in the hopes I would get one of the items that I desire. That item is the slot machine. I was happy when I got one. I bought 8 hypercrates for the soul reason of getting a slot machine. But now you have changed the item, by altering the drop rates and increasing the cost of tokens. It is no longer the same item that I bought.

This is like advertising a Revans mask and selling it in cartel packs, only a week later for you to edit on mickey mouse ears.

The issue all boils down to this: I do not want you to put Mickey Mouse ears on my Revan mask.

I bought the cartel packs fair and square, and I won the slot machine fair and square. Why are you editing the item after I have given you money for a chance to get the item in the first place? It is no longer the same item that was advertised when I bought the same pack.

Remember the medical table regen thing?? When people bought packs in the hopes of getting it? It wasn't even in the pack, even though it was advertised to be in the pack. Bioware then put it on a vendor for 1 credit.

Bioware have learned a valuable lesson: Test things before you put them in cartel packs.

Why didn't you just add a new slot machine to the packs and remove the old one from the packs? So the older one is super rare instead of outright editing the item?

I want my money back.

Edited by EvenHardNiner

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious...other than folks talking about the slot machine (and even you complaining about it - something about wanting folks who used it banned as it was an exploit; much like the exploit you *admitted* you did on these forums, in your mind - if I recall correctly) and the talk here about the "need" to nerf said slot machine and why (what it costs to use vs drops and drop rates of it's rewards) *where* was it "advertised" ?

I get that the Pack descriptor may say "slot machine" but I don't recall seeing it advertised as " A Slot machine that offers the owner/user a chance to win "x", "y", and "z" ", much less that it would ALWAYS do so at a set cost/rate that would never ever change.

Things get changed (nerfed) in MMORPGs all the time - especially drop rates. And, as stated above I think even YOU called for a nerf to them.....

Edited by Vahronnica

Oh, ok thats clearly advertising

They advertised a product in a cartel pack. A week later after people have bought cartel packs for that item, Bioware are editing the item.

Doesn't matter if Bioware advertised the drop rates or not, the issue here is that they are changing an item.

Just curious...other than folks talking about the slot machine (and even you complaining about it - something about wanting folks who used it banned as it was an exploit; much like the exploit you *admitted* you did on these forums, in your mind - if I recall correctly) and the talk here about the "need" to nerf said slot machine and why (what it costs to use vs drops and drop rates of it's rewards) *where* was it "advertised" ?

I get that the Pack descriptor may say "slot machine" but I don't recall seeing it advertised as " A Slot machine that offers the owner/user a chance to win "x", "y", and "z" ", much less that it would ALWAYS do so at a set cost/rate that would never ever change.

Things get changed (nerfed) in MMORPGs all the time - especially drop rates. And, as stated above I think even YOU called for a nerf to them.....

Regarding your original point, there is no need for the odds to be advertized, anyone with enough time can extract the odds (which we did!).

I bought 8 hypercrates in the hopes I would get one of the items that I desire. That item is the slot machine. I was happy when I got one. I bought 8 hypercrates for the soul reason of getting a slot machine. But now you have changed the item, by altering the drop rates and increasing the cost of tokens. It is no longer the same item that I bought.

This is like advertising a Revans mask and selling it in cartel packs, only a week later for you to edit on mickey mouse ears.

The issue all boils down to this: I do not want you to put Mickey Mouse ears on my Revan mask.

I bought the cartel packs fair and square, and I won the slot machine fair and square. Why are you editing the item after I have given you money for a chance to get the item in the first place? It is no longer the same item that was advertised when I bought the same pack.

Remember the medical table regen thing?? When people bought packs in the hopes of getting it? It wasn't even in the pack, even though it was advertised to be in the pack. Bioware then put it on a vendor for 1 credit.

Bioware have learned a valuable lesson: Test things before you put them in cartel packs.

Why didn't you just add a new slot machine to the packs and remove the old one from the packs? So the older one is super rare instead of outright editing the item?

I want my money back.

I don't like the nerf to slot machine too but, let's face it, the slot machine was totally broken in drops rates for jawa junk, maybe with insane low drop rates change the cost of tokens wasn't necesary or BW should add items like companion gift or random ship parts (solo mini game).

I don't like the nerf to slot machine too but, let's face it, the slot machine was totally broken in drops rates for jawa junk, maybe with insane low drop rates change the cost of tokens wasn't necesary or BW should add items like companion gift or random ship parts (solo mini game).

Yes, it was totally broken. Bioware should have been more careful with what they are selling in future. They have learned a lesson. And I have learned a lesson: Never buy any cartel packs again because i've lost trust in them. :rolleyes:

Yes, it was totally broken. Bioware should have been more careful with what they are selling in future. They have learned a lesson. And I have learned a lesson: Never buy any cartel packs again because i've lost trust in them. :rolleyes:

Or never buy cartel packs for an item which JUST seems to be good to be true (or at least wait till its absolutly safe to buy it)

Edited by Neglience

It's still the same item visually .. but based off your post - you spent real cash in hopes of capitalizing on virtual credits and or materials. Certainly not the Certificates and rep as they have INCREASED their drop rate and added a rare mount.

This is an MMO things are forever changing. You should have known that spending hundreds of dollars to acquire such an item was a gamble. It made such an impact & created such an uproar - It was certainly bound to be altered sooner or later - In this case sooner.

Wait, you bought 8 hypercrates? lol.. I sometimes buy 1 knowing I probably will not get that 1 item I really want (Rancor), but know that the odds of getting it are the same. I do honestly feel that if you buy 1 hypercrate you should get at least 1 of everything available in that pack, I mean for $40 come on, but still that's not how BW chooses to play the game. I guess I would be mad for buying 8, but more so at myself for being that stupid.

Or never buy cartel packs for an item which JUST seems to be good to be true (or at least wait till its absolutly safe to buy it)

^^^ This ^^^ I guildy has a few of them and gave me access to one. I played it and went from outsider rank to nearly a third into champion rank in 25 minutes. I received loads of jawa junk and materials just by clicking and in such a short time. It was just too good to last.

They advertised a product in a cartel pack. A week later after people have bought cartel packs for that item, Bioware are editing the item.

Doesn't matter if Bioware advertised the drop rates or not, the issue here is that they are changing an item.

I have to agree with this one.

If I go to my local favorite store and buy an Item and 7 days later they make a change to that item the store is obligated to allow me to return the item.

HOWEVER, they do not have to give me my money back. They can provide me with store credit, refund my money or any host of options which they feel fulfill the difference between the item purchased and the change to the item/new item. One of these options could simply be a 1 for 1 swap.

So although I agree with you, I also disagree. BW has already fulfilled their obligation. You still have your slot machine, yes it is different that what you purchased, but you still have one.

Edited by RiVaN_

Check the swtor subreddit to see how bad things are.

Check the ANYTHING subreddit to see how bad Everyrhing is.

There I fixed it for you anyone who uses reddit as their reference is automaticly found to be not credible.

anyone who uses reddit as their reference is automaticly found to be not credible.

Aside from the swtor official forums, the swtor subreddit is probably the 2nd most populated and frequented page for people who play swtor (probably between that and Dulfy), so why could it not be a source for swtor information??? I'm going to ignore your illogical and baseless conclusion on reddit as a whole, as I'm sure most people are, until you can answer the first question adequately...

Aside from the swtor official forums, the swtor subreddit is probably the 2nd most populated and frequented page for people who play swtor (probably between that and Dulfy), so why could it not be a source for swtor information??? I'm going to ignore your illogical and baseless conclusion on reddit as a whole, as I'm sure most people are, until you can answer the first question adequately...

He assumed I was saying: Check how people are reacting to the nerf, while I was trying to say something else...

Hint hint wink wink :rak_01:

I bought six of the packs, opened three and got the slot machine. Sold the remaining three which I was going to do no matter what. I even considered selling the slot machine. Probably the biggest impact the slot machine has had for me, is the displacement of useful threads and post by whines and rants and calls for nerfs and bannings. Thankfully, over the next couple days, this will be mostly forgotten and useful threads can start showing up on page one again.

I think the real problem here is you spent around £240 of REAL MONEY to win ONE ITEM IN A GAME.

This really.

You could have used one of those dodgy " we sell credits" sites and bought 5m credits for around 40€ (dollar rate seems to be around) and purchased one of the GTM!

Oh, and it does just go to show the RNG in action. OP bought $240 of hypercrates just to get a slot machine - I used my monthly CC from subscription, bought two packs and got one on my second.

However as pay-back I let everyone on the fleet know I had one and all they needed to do was visit my stronghold and they could use it for free.

It's still the same item visually .. but based off your post - you spent real cash in hopes of capitalizing on virtual credits and or materials. Certainly not the Certificates and rep as they have INCREASED their drop rate and added a rare mount.

Only the green and blue rep items went up. The Certificates and the purple went way down.

With the change in the cost of tokens as well as the substantial nerfs to the drop rates, the item is pretty much useless now. I'm not expressing any form of emotion over that, but it's just a fact. I wouldn't be surprised if the costs of the machines on the GTN go from 2-4 million last I checked to sub 100K.