Keep 30m on Rail shot and Explosive dart.

GhOsTPrOz

4.5 Patch is making them 10 meters. I believe this will severely hurt PT DPS and enjoyableness of the class. Having abilities able to be used from 30 meters is nothing new for melee classes, Marauders and jugs have saber throw, Shadows have a dot and death field. What is the point in taking away the range of these PT abilities? having these is what makes PT so versatile and fun and it is going to kill the fun for me in my opinion. Not only from a DPS stand point but now it will also affect vanguard tanks agro on long range targets that they maybe can't get to due to mechanics. With vanguards and powertechs struggling to be accepted as a Melee class we are often called "mid range" DPS, however now we are more of a 10m melee class. Personally I find this change unneeded uncalled for and impractical. It will make PT feel clunky and it will take some of the fun out of playing the class in my opinion.

/sign and maybe we can get them to do something about it.

4.5 Patch is making them 10 meters. I believe this will severely hurt PT DPS and enjoyableness of the class. Having abilities able to be used from 30 meters is nothing new for melee classes, Marauders and jugs have saber throw, Shadows have a dot and death field. What is the point in taking away the range of these PT abilities? having these is what makes PT so versatile and fun and it is going to kill the fun for me in my opinion. Not only from a DPS stand point but now it will also affect vanguard tanks agro on long range targets that they maybe can't get to due to mechanics. With vanguards and powertechs struggling to be accepted as a Melee class we are often called "mid range" DPS, however now we are more of a 10m melee class. Personally I find this change unneeded uncalled for and impractical. It will make PT feel clunky and it will take some of the fun out of playing the class in my opinion.

10m RailShot in 8x8 will be more balancing. But in 4x4 AP PT will be focused still since the source of the burst is Energy Burst.

No. Saber throw does no damage. FiB is 10M. Sticky Grenade and basic attack is enough, and you even still have thermal det. You still have a 100% mobile rotation usable at 10M, which is better than any other class. Your single target damage could be 300 lower and still be competitive because PT still has insane burst and better uptime than any melee. Calm your shoulder boulders and ride the balance train.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

No. Saber throw does no damage. FiB is 10M. Sticky Grenade and basic attack is enough, and you even still have thermal det. You still have a 100% mobile rotation usable at 10M, which is better than any other class. Your single target damage could be 300 lower and still be competitive because PT still has insane burst and better uptime than any melee. Calm your shoulder boulders and ride the balance train.

I could say the same about Immortal Jugg damage. No tank spec should be able to crit in the 20k range.

SC talent is meh haven't used it since the first nerf. The problem with the rail shot nerf is that it fundamentally changes the type of class PT is. there was a full +10m rotation that made PT a medium range class. No one wants to play a close range class that cant beat a Jugg. It just makes PT not fun.

SC talent is meh haven't used it since the first nerf. The problem with the rail shot nerf is that it fundamentally changes the type of class PT is. there was a full +10m rotation that made PT a medium range class. No one wants to play a close range class that cant beat a Jugg. It just makes PT not fun.

Agree!

It was always 10m rotation until 3.0 experimentation. Both in old Pyro and AP.

3.0 new specs was a bad idea if you ask me.

Edited by Aetideus

With vanguards and powertechs struggling to be accepted as a Melee class we are often called "mid range" DPS, however now we are more of a 10m melee class.

It's a moot point, since you still need to be in 10m and even go in melee range for PPA(assuming AP). I honestly can't think of a reason to stay at 30m when playing AP. For trash pulls between Grapple, JC,HO, FS, both taunts ST has enough tools to control the pull and the only boss fight i can think of where 30m railshot would be useful is M&B.

It's a moot point, since you still need to be in 10m and even go in melee range for PPA(assuming AP). I honestly can't think of a reason to stay at 30m when playing AP. For trash pulls between Grapple, JC,HO, FS, both taunts ST has enough tools to control the pull and the only boss fight i can think of where 30m railshot would be useful is M&B.

in pvp staying at 30m is the only way you can beat a melee class. period, put a decent jugg against a decent pt, 9/10 the jugg will win unless the pt kites.

You obviously don't sit there at 30m all day, but if you have to move around you had a mini rotation you could do, here's what I would do, say I have to run and do the yellow beam thing on revan HM, I would throw assault plastique hammer shot and then sticky grenade. Sticky grenade is one of four other moves that will proc high impact bolt, which could then be used so that's 4 gcds or 6 seconds of being able to do a maximum DPS rotation, which is now being taken out, sure other classes maybe dont have that, but other classes have plenty of other advantages, actually having more than 1 useful cd, raid buffs, lolroll point is the change is kinda unneeded and stupid and like someone said it fundamentally changes PT

Look at it from a RP/Logic stand point. Your telling me that a fully trained soilder of the republic/ deadly bounty hunter can't shoot more than 10 meters? Do you know how fast a bullet or laser travels? About 1 mile in 6 seconds. Do you know how many meters are in a mile? A lot. And again your telling me that that same soilder or bounty hunter can't throw a grenage more than 10 meters? Again that's a pathetically short distance if you think about it...don't believe me? Grenade weighs about what a baseball does. Go throw a baseball, I promise you that you can throw it more than 10 meters.

Look at it from a RP/Logic stand point. Your telling me that a fully trained soilder of the republic/ deadly bounty hunter can't shoot more than 10 meters? Do you know how fast a bullet or laser travels? About 1 mile in 6 seconds. Do you know how many meters are in a mile? A lot. And again your telling me that that same soilder or bounty hunter can't throw a grenage more than 10 meters? Again that's a pathetically short distance if you think about it...don't believe me? Grenade weighs about what a baseball does. Go throw a baseball, I promise you that you can throw it more than 10 meters.

Star Wars

Logic

Pick one.

The class overperforms as a melee because of extended range and this will be the second time that range has been reduced for the class to reduce its flexibility.

So to go along with the gapcloser leap that the "community" demanded for years it will become more like the other melee.