Scum and Villainy and the Dreadful Orb <secret boss>

This is not a guide (unfortunately).

Last night me and my guild master were scouring through cleared Scum and Villainy looking for odd spots we could use the Dreadful Orb at, we combed the desert and even wasted the 24 hour cooldown on feeding the Sarlacc with myself while having the visual effect from the Orb.

Official dev response on the question of Dreadful Orb and Darvannis was: "You shouldn't play with strange objects you find in the caves. Bad things could happen."

It would mean that orb can be used practically anywhere, not necessarily Darvannis.

Did anyone discover any out of place locations at Darvannis? I encourage you to look around and tell us where it would be sound to try and use the Orb. While TFB had big, red letters on the screen saying that there is something up, there might not be such notice this time.

Come on, let's do some search!

Did you try the cave before the last boss?

Nope. Will get my GM to do so today. :)

The "official word" comes from Dulfy interview. http://dulfy.net/2013/03/25/swtor-rise-of-the-hutt-cartel-interview-with-bioware-developer-brian-audette/

We tried to see if something activates in the instance if one person will jump down the sarlacc pit with the animation from the orb. :)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

There's a cave before the thrasher boss I believe? It's where all the arms trader trash is. In the cave, there's only one skeleton...idk if that'll be it, but worth a shot. There's trash before the cave. It's a little path that leader to the left of the main underworld arms traders trash thing...looks like a market.

We used it on styrak and the kell dragon, after we defeated him, just to make sure it doesn't work and it didn't. we also used it on the laser focus (makeb boss: golden fury) but we did this when he was alive, because we didn't had enough ppl to do 16man this day.

it looked like the orb was made for the water fontain, it seems to fit perfectly in there and i will definately try it again after we defeated golden fury on 16man hm this week, last week i just forgot to try it out.

Edited by Messiaah

• 2 weeks later...
We used it on styrak and the kell dragon, after we defeated him, just to make sure it doesn't work and it didn't. we also used it on the laser focus (makeb boss: golden fury) but we did this when he was alive, because we didn't had enough ppl to do 16man this day.

it looked like the orb was made for the water fontain, it seems to fit perfectly in there and i will definately try it again after we defeated golden fury on 16man hm this week, last week i just forgot to try it out.

Did you try using it on the laser focus before Fury fires his lasers during the fight so that he shoots at the orb?

Edited by atschai