Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So how many are going to open an account on Aug 26th?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
So how many are going to open an account on Aug 26th?

DzastinBiberi
08.25.2019 , 10:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
WoW classic. Technically it’s the 27th.
I've never played WoW so I had no clue on what 26th meant.

Thanks!

Jdast
08.25.2019 , 11:22 PM | #12
Been there, done it. I started on Earthen Ring on November 29, 2004 because Argent Dawn (the original RP server) was full. Nostalgia for me would wear off real, real quick.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. I had a blast then because it was my first MMORPG. But there are some huge Quality of Life issues that the game rightly improved upon.

I hope y'all enjoy sitting to eat and drink after each trash pull. And if you're a mage, as I was, be ready for spam whisper requests for portals and food. Ahh, memories...

Best O' Luck,

Dasty

lightSaberAddiCt
08.25.2019 , 11:36 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
lol, you'll be back as soon as the nostalgia wears off.
Actually that was what kept me here. But it is wearing off quickly. I am sure I will be back in a year or so if the game is still going strong. Not that I wish any bad on the game, but the direction it is taking just hasn't held my interest, so I will keep an eye on it and see how it goes. Unlike others, I want challenge in a MMO, not easy street and dress up space barbi.

But good luck all, I hope you all keep enjoying the game.

**And no, I am not going to make one of those ridiculous why I quit threads lol, and no you can't have my stuff would rather keep it for later.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

Pirana
08.25.2019 , 11:50 PM | #14
I still find WoW boring other than all the content it offers. Most of the classes other than Monk were simply too boring to play. It could be that I'm just not a fan of that genre either, although I did play RIFT for a year or so and found it much more engaging.

When SWG closed down in December of 2011 I missed that game like no other, then along came SWG Legends a few years later. I played that and after the nostalgia wore off, I quit. It was a matter of been there, done it.

Those of you going back to WoW, I wish you the best and hope you're able to rekindle some of that magic.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

serenitty
08.26.2019 , 01:49 AM | #15
I haven't played WoW in years and even if I did start now I wouldn't want to play a realm without all the expacs I paid for. Just seems pointless even for nostalgia.
My referral for some goodies

http://www.swtor.com/r/RnXgyS

Tashia
08.26.2019 , 03:29 AM | #16
Everquest does the old "let's go back to the way it was at the beginning" thing ..
it's ok I guess ... I am on a progression server in the original EQ -- it's kind of fun ...
the EQ2 ones ... meh -- awful, didn't like them .. and they eventually close down anyway --
I'll wait for Pantheon -- and THEN I might leave ( permanently) SWtOR -- but that game is a ways away;
so I'll hang in here for awhile yet

( I tried WoW -- thought it was boring)
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

DarthSpuds
08.26.2019 , 03:58 AM | #17
WoW Classic?

After so many years of QoL improvement coming to slow to WoW, would I go back to when they didn't exist at all?

No, I'd rather eat my own toenails.

Nice idea, but as the old saying goes "nostalgia isn't what it used to be".

Let me remind you, Wildstar launched with the express intent of appealing to players nostalgia for WoW Classic. Within 3 months they were having to make the game less grindy, and offer more QoL improvements, and Wildstar still closed for good earlier this year.

I'll give WoW Classic three months before they are consolidating.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Pirana
08.26.2019 , 05:40 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tashia View Post
I'll wait for Pantheon -- and THEN I might leave ( permanently) SWtOR -- but that game is a ways away;
so I'll hang in here
That's the one I'm waiting for, Pantheon. I was waiting for EQ Next until it folded. If Pantheon lives up to what's been advertised and shown, that's when I'll cancel my sub here and move on.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

casirabit
08.26.2019 , 08:46 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
lol, you'll be back as soon as the nostalgia wears off.
You can play both games, you know. I am playing wow (not classic nor will I-played it before didn't like that one) I also play here so people can do both.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

TrixxieTriss
08.26.2019 , 09:25 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
WoW Classic?

After so many years of QoL improvement coming to slow to WoW, would I go back to when they didn't exist at all?
There’s an addon for everything you could possibly want or need. Actually the addons will mostly give you better QOL experiences than here.

So I don’t think there will be any QOL degradation for myself, I can’t speak for others.

Also, there are already plans to consolidate. They’ve had to open up more than they expected because of the demand and all the servers being full before its even live.
They expected a lot less people wanting to play classic. But with so many, they’ve actually had to start adding more servers.