Is it worth taking Artiface for a Light saber with an augment slot?

Foofer

I'm sitting at 200 Artiface now, but with everything I've read the crafting skills other than Biochem are completely useless, as you can get better mods through daily quests at level 50. That has me seriously considering the switch to biochem, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it to stick out Artiface until I can build a Lightsaber with an augment slot.

The whole "crafted gear being useless" has me a little depressed to be honest. I just need a little direction to make sure I'm not wasting a ton of time and money on a useless exercise.

I don't think you can crit on oranges to open up the 4th slot though.

It would be 5th slot and no, you can't craft it. Torhead include augment slot on everything even though it's usually not possible to get such item in game. Orange crafts don't crit.

It would be 5th slot and no, you can't craft it. Torhead include augment slot on everything even though it's usually not possible to get such item in game. Orange crafts don't crit.

wow that sucks. so we won't be able to make lightsabers with augment slots then? because I'm fairly sure (not ingame atm) that all the craftable lightsabers are orange quality.

It's extremely viable if you're DPS since you can't buy purple mods from vendors, especially for Sentinels and Marauders. But as far as the augment stuff goes, that's why I decided not to go with Armor/Synthweaving. I'd rather just find an armor set I like than hope to get one that I like the looks of that's orange since I don't like a lot of the crafted normal armor. Plus I wasn't sure if you could crit oranges or not.

I think the jury's still out on this, but I admit I haven't seen any proof yet.

• 4 months later...
I use artifice and have crafted a double-bladed lightsaber augmented it has five slots what upset me is I can't use a double-bladed lightsaber cause of my class sith marauder so now I get the long process of trying to craft a custom built lightsaber with an augment slot