Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

LordExozone

Powertechs should get rifles. The whole concept of Bounty Hunters being pistols only is absolutely absurd. Please Bioware give Powertechs blaster carbines or rifles...2 handed...re use some Trooper Vanguard animations if you must.
If Kaliyo Djannis can use a Blaster Rifle (which she TOTALLY CAN, as I'm constantly reminding almost every Imperial Agent I see in-game), then we should be able to learn to do the same.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kaliyo Djannis can use a Blaster Rifle (which she TOTALLY CAN, as I'm constantly reminding almost every Imperial Agent I see in-game), then we should be able to learn to do the same.

no you shouldn't, because she's not a powertech or a merc. That is like saying "just because an npc assassin can have a channel ability where he swings his saber staff around, then I, as an assassin must and should have a bloody right to have the same".

it's just wrong! don't compare companions/npc for PC please!

edit: Oh and the whole rifles are iconic for BH" is getting old. You all know why the weapon restrictions are in place, why can't you accept it? I have a hard time all your whiners RP.

Edited by Fallerup

I really wished BHs used rifles and IAs used pistols. BHs usually go in guns ablazing, so a rifle would fit perfectly and IAs are more about stealth, espionage, assassination, that kind of stuff, so wouldn't it make sense for them to use discrete weapons like a pistol (Unless of course you go Sniper, but it would make sense for Operatives)?

This!

• 3 weeks later...

As someone who really wants to play a tank type character in this game, and doesn't particularly like force users, this is the one thing that keeps me from rolling a PT.

I just can't bring myself to run around as a tank with a pea-shooter in my hand.

I already have a Vanguard, but I really wanted a BH also.

As someone who really wants to play a tank type character in this game, and doesn't particularly like force users, this is the one thing that keeps me from rolling a PT.

I just can't bring myself to run around as a tank with a pea-shooter in my hand.

I already have a Vanguard, but I really wanted a BH also.

As BH PowerTech you are all about "gadgets". You're mostly firing stuff from your offhand (missiles, flameburst, railshot) and uppercutting enemies. You only use your pistol to make fun of/annoy your enemies (ok... you also use it dissipate heat and maybe proc Ion Gas Cylinder :)).

Give it a try... and if you like it, you like it... if you don't, you don't... I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Blaster Rifles to be usable by BH PowerTechs considering the way they work (being all about "gadgets")...

I think at a lore standpoint, the idea of the powertech is a lot of armor and weapons focusing on that armor, such as the flame abilities and rail shot. I can see why some people want us to have Blaster Rifles, I don't care either way in fact I would like if you could use either, based on preference, and some abilities required different types of weapons. But the thing about the Powertech is with all that armor we need mobility, think about it at a sort of close quarters kinda thing, we gotta be able to whip our gun out fast, get shots in, and use our wrist augments. I do agree though that each wrist power generator/shield generator should have it's own cosmetic model, and each would look different. I wouldnt care either way though just throwing out some evidence for what Powertechs really are

Agreed, we dont really need rifles coz PTs are focused more on its wrist augments. On the other hand, i do agree that offhands need some love and have its own respective cosmetic model for each non-dual-weilding class.

Trees should be able to use rifles.

Tree's can't use rifles. Silly person.

But then neither can Bounty Hunters. For good valid gameplay reasons! This thread annoys me, the threads identical in beta annoyed me and the idiot who bumped this 3 months after it finally died annoys me too.

Tree's can't use rifles. Silly person.

But then neither can Bounty Hunters. For good valid gameplay reasons! This thread annoys me, the threads identical in beta annoyed me and the idiot who bumped this 3 months after it finally died annoys me too.

You must get annoyed easily.

Also, - Bump- :)

As mentioned earlier some merc. skills require dual wielding specifically. Same goes for commandos with A.cannons.

But Vanguards and Powertechs should be allowed to use both blasters and carbines freely. There's no logical reason not too.

Actually, the logic points in the other direction.

The reasons why people want blaster rifles are purely emotional.

H.

Actually, the logic points in the other direction.

The reasons why people want blaster rifles are purely emotional.

H.

Not exactly. There are plenty of examples in the lore where BHs use rifles. Best i can think of right now is Canderous Ordo from KotOR. Sure, he's a Mandalorian. But look how similar BHs and Mandalorians are. If i remember correctly, Canderous uses a heavy repeater. It just fits.

But this isn't the reason why they should give free reign for blasters and rifles to everyone. The reason is that from a balancing standpoint, IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU WIELD. I have an Operative and i'd love to use a blaster pistol. Heck, he uses one in most of the cut-scenes in the game. A James Bond-like Operative shouldn't wield a heavy rifle, but a pistol. I think we're beyond the point where orange loot is a problem. We can get just about any item we want. They don't even need to add new stuff. If you want a rifle, pull off the barrel and the mods from your pistol and stick them into a rifle. There. You just made a lot of BHs and IAs happy. A Merc and Gunslinger would still have to dual wield. Also a Sniper and Commando would have to stick to their signature weapon. But for PTs, OPs, Vanguards and Scoundrels there's no logical reason to restrict them to a single type of weapon only.

Adding more customization to characters should be encouraged. My Vanguard would keep his rifle, but my OP would switch to a blaster in seconds. Also my PT would probably switch to a rifle, but i'm not sure. Thing is, BW should think of it as "whatever floats your boat". There's no balancing issue, it's just cosmetic. It would be cheap and it would make a lot of people happy. Where's the harm in that ?

One thing I appreciate is that what weapon your enemy is wielding lets you know, immediately, what class they are. With adaptive armor, and more flexible weapon selection, if will become fairly easy to trick people. Just the stupid people, mind you, but that is probably the majority.

For instance, imagine operatives could use pistols. Then, they could pick up an adaptive set that looks like BH gear. When you survey the zerg, you might ignore them as they stand in the back healing.

One thing I appreciate is that what weapon your enemy is wielding lets you know, immediately, what class they are. With adaptive armor, and more flexible weapon selection, if will become fairly easy to trick people. Just the stupid people, mind you, but that is probably the majority.

For instance, imagine operatives could use pistols. Then, they could pick up an adaptive set that looks like BH gear. When you survey the zerg, you might ignore them as they stand in the back healing.

There is an option in the game that shows a big class symbol above everyone's head specifically for the issue that you are describing. It is already possible for sorcerers and juggernauts to look identical even weapon-wise, so while your argument has merit it is a station long since passed.

there's no logical reason to restrict them to a single type of weapon only.

They are already restricted, the designers must have felt there was a reason to do so, logical or otherwise. However, there is no 'logical' reason to remove the restriction.

It would be cheap and it would make a lot of people happy. Where's the harm in that ?

No harm at all. Thank you for reinforcing my point.

H.

They are already restricted, the designers must have felt there was a reason to do so, logical or otherwise. However, there is no 'logical' reason to remove the restriction.

No harm at all. Thank you for reinforcing my point.

H.

So.. making your subscribers happy (with minimal effort and while maintaining balance) isn't a logical course of action ? I beg to differ.

So.. making your subscribers happy (with minimal effort and while maintaining balance) isn't a logical course of action ? I beg to differ.

Somehow a little thing like more customizable weapon options for classes that would make you and me happy, will make some people unhappy for some obscure reason. The added weapon options must somehow greatly hamper their gameplay experience, to such an extend that they actually take the effort to post in this topic how we should never be allowed to use blaster rifles. Such is the way of forums, thankfully in everyday life people generally make more sense ;)

Oh I know, the very thing I keep an eye out for in a hectic warzone is not the big class symbol above them, or their placement since in no way is a powertech standing way back there with green drones flying around suspicious, or for that matter that big cast bar in the middle when I have that oddly placed powertech targeted, or even that even bigger flame symbol that someone attentive enough should've placed by now on this powertech with the operative symbol on their head, healing away...

...nope, all down to the weapon.

• 2 months later...

With 2.0, hopefully Bioware will consider giving classes more weapon options. :)

Oh I know, the very thing I keep an eye out for in a hectic warzone is not the big class symbol above them, or their placement since in no way is a powertech standing way back there with green drones flying around suspicious, or for that matter that big cast bar in the middle when I have that oddly placed powertech targeted, or even that even bigger flame symbol that someone attentive enough should've placed by now on this powertech with the operative symbol on their head, healing away...

...nope, all down to the weapon.

Hehe, this made me laugh :D

If you compare BH's to troopers, we are just LAME. Not underpowered, i dont care about the lore, but we look like scrubs when compared to troopers animations, styles etc.

I don't know. As a vanguard it gets kinda annoying when one of your biggest hitting attacks is hitting your enemy with the butt of your rifle (does more damage than shooting them with it...somehow...). :rolleyes:

I don't know. As a vanguard it gets kinda annoying when one of your biggest hitting attacks is hitting your enemy with the butt of your rifle (does more damage than shooting them with it...somehow...). :rolleyes:

^^

On the mando you can at least explain it by the size of the gun the enemy is hit by.

Blah! idiots, I don't like the way blasters look, and i have some weird viewpoint that makes me think if you hold a blaster you can't just stop aiming for a bit to use your flamethrower.

In all seriousness though, The bounty hunter class needs two things to achieve TRUE Badasary.

1: A rifle

2: A not useless jetpack.

Let's face it, back before expanded universe, we didn't give a crap about Boba's trials and tribulations and blah the F*cking blah. We liked him because he was basically the only guy that looked more cool than Vader.

Edited by Sideblaze