Enrage Crush tactical broken?

StrikePrice

If I read the description correctly, this tactical is supposed to create an AoE effect out of the Raging Burst skill when Force Crush DoT is on the target. I have yet to see it cause any AoE damage.

My understanding: Force Crush->Raging Burst->primary target get remaining damage from FC applied immediately *and* and AoE effect for surrounding targets

Is this not what is supposed to happen?

It should happen, but most of these aoe tacticals seem to be very tightly tuned on range, the "area" it talks about needs to be larger. Most mobs won't be affected by the aoe unless they're LOSed and stacked like crazy (how far away would you say the other enemies are from your target, roughly?). I noticed this using the tactical Tome of Unyielding Blades as well, most mobs need to be unreasonably close for the aoe to spread.

Flame Detonation on PTs/VGs seems to trigger better, but I somehow doubt it depends whether you're using a melee class, pseudo-ranged class, or a ranged class.

• 4 months later...

It works for me every single time. As others have noted, you do have to do raging burst (or smash) immediately after applying force crush. If there is delay - due to lower APM, to opponents slowing you down, or for whatever other reason - then you won't see the AoE triggering.

Be careful to understand what the tactical actually does: it doesn't make raging burst AoE, nor does it just apply a generic AoE. Rather, it applies force crush's remaining damage as an AoE. This is why you must burst immediately or else you won't notice any AoE, since the force crush dot will have run out.

• 2 years later...

:resurrects an old thread:

I was having this issue recently (new player) and after testing it out extensively (thank you Torvix gang members), it seems like the tactical only works if the target doesn't die from its activation.  When I target silver and gold mobs, no problem, get it every time, they still have a bit of health left after the tactical procs and the aoe goes off correctly.  Low level mobs that die from the crush don't cause it to aoe.  Jumping into groups I make sure to target the tankiest of them to get the effect.  BUT if you get stunned by a strong mob in between casting abilities you'll miss the crush window.

This may well have been figured out ages ago in some other thread.....

• 1 month later...