Break Plays 15 Games to Complete Weekly- WZ Recaps, Screenshots and Depression Inside

andbreak

I can easily admit I'm not the best Sentinel player around (*shakes fist at Char*), but I like to think I can press keys on my keyboard with the best of them, and (for what's it's worth to my e-peen), I've made a lot of people's top 3 Sent list. I bring this up to offer a little background before I give a breakdown, so that I don't come off as completely clueless.

And so in lieu of the recent PvP threads concerning the Republic, I give you a Sent's Eye's view:

GAME 1 - Arena

Less than 28k HP - 2

Less than 1018 EXP/PvE Geared- 0

Okay, so only 50% of my team is under geared. That's not too bad, all things considered. We still have a chance. lol nevermind the gunslinger pulls 127.1 DPS in two rounds. I get tunneled to hell and back again and decide it's time to change my name to something unfamiliar to Empire players.

LOSS - 1

WIN-0

GAME 2 - Ancient Hypergate

Less than 28k HP - 4

Less than 1018 EXP/PvE Geared - 0

Again, half the team is PvE geared, but high end PvE isn't easy-mouse-click skills, so I still hold onto hope. My mistake, because we take one Pylon the entire match and lose something like 90 to 900: http://i.imgur.com/vsF7HVt.png

The worst part about this is not only was I #1 damage on the team, but was #1 in objective points as well. It should not work like this.

LOSS - 2

WIN - 0

GAME 3 - Arena

Less than 28K HP - 0

Less than 1018 EXP/PvE Geared - 1

That '1' next to the PvE geared? Yeah, that's our SAGE HEALER WITH 218 EXP (PvP relics) AND 30K LIFE. Suffice to say, we got rolled.

Quote of the Match - Bast'rus (Powertech) : Dat PvE gear. Hope you're ready for a looooooong and painful grind. Gonna earn those relics.

LOSS - 3

WIN - 0

GAME 4 - Arena

Less than 28K HP - 1

We're not going to talk about this one.

LOSS - 4

WIN - 0

Game 5 - Huttball

Less than 28K HP - 1

Less than 1018 EXP/PvE Geared - 0

Look at that! Some geared people. Well, this only goes to prove that SWTOR PvP exists to slowly kill all of my hopes. Some Shadow from Aisthesis was playing, though. Hyperbeam or Hyper or something all epicy. He's pretty good.

LOSS - 5

WIN - 0

GAME 6 - Novarre Coast

Less than 28K HP - 3

Again, half the team at a disadvantage because of gear. And at this point, I'm not close to being remotely *********** surprised. This one, like the others, was a complete charlie foxtrot. In fact, it was so ridiculously bad that Leah, an Empire Powertech, pointed out to one of our players that uses a class form/stance ... that he wasn't in a form/stance. She literally stopped in the middle of PvP (I noticed immediately because she peels me off her healers) and typed out some white text that was surprisingly polite and cordial. This is for you, Leah: https://i.imgur.com/pvmIdl3.gif

Anyways, here's the damage chart: http://i.imgur.com/tLviX7a.png Take a comparison of healing done from both sides. I've found a lack of healing/tanks pretty prevalent in Pub side WZs.

LOSS - 6

WIN - 0

GAME 7 - Arena

Less than 28K HP - 2

Despite being undergeared / not geared for PvP, we win this one! hahahahahahah just kidding, we lose horribly and I rage quit for the night.

Fun Fact of the Match: In two rounds, I was 65,000 damage above the next Republic character. SIXTY FIVE THOUSAND. There is literally nothing else to do in Arena but do damage. Seriously. That's all you have to do. You *********** click on something with a red circle around it and mash keys. The third and last place damage dealers on the team amassed an amazing and unheard of 163 and 167 DPS, respectively.

To put it in perspective, if you added up my team's total damage over two rounds, it was five thousand less damage than I did in the first round alone.

LOSS - 7

WIN - 0

Edited by andbreak

I found a big problem.

Same paragraph:

The third and last place damage dealers on the team amassed an amazing and unheard of 163 and 167 DPS, respectively.

Clarification: Gunslinger and Veng Guardian who wasn't taunting.

That's besides the point. This is mostly for comedic effect so I can laugh and not /wrists and reroll Empire.

Edited by andbreak

I was queuing for an SM FP when group leader CAPS'ed at me and kicked me because I was a "*********** noob doing PVE in PVP gearz." It was a *********** SM FP and I was in war heroes with 2 pieces of elite war heroes. We PVP'ers should have the same authority to "persuade" relic farmers to farm when I am not fighting with him.

Imps are bad too sometimes. I got rolled hard in midbie last night. There was a legendary node guard who was making a sammich when they nuked him. But it's imps, so I feel tiniest of hopes in the worst of situations, unlike pubs.

When you look at an imp noob, you can see it is trying hard to kill enemies, but their rotation can be improved. When you look at a pub noob, you can feel it clicking double strike very hard. It's like you can see all the way through the internet, your vision penetrating its screen, giving witness to the intense, heart-stopping and throat-cutting moment when it clicks so hard that it messed up his bars, which makes it's clicking even harder. As soon as you jump in on a pub noob, you can feel it is standing there looking for that ability in its bar:" ****, where did I put blade storm???????" And after you killed it, you can hear it, all across the nodes and doors, that it is shuffling its quick bars in respawn zones.

I still have the weekly from last year on my scoundrel. SWTOR is the living proof that dark side is stronger.

Edited by Azurestone

PvE pub players at there Finest .

Quality of Pub players sure has dropped since the beginning of season 2, upsetting really :(.

This is literally every match I've solo queued into since I got here a week ago. "Dps" who barely or sometimes don't even, outdamage the tanks. Even when I was a clicker I wasn't that slow on dps or that low on damage... I don't understand it.

This is literally every match I've solo queued into since I got here a week ago. "Dps" who barely or sometimes don't even, outdamage the tanks. Even when I was a clicker I wasn't that slow on dps or that low on damage... I don't understand it.

As my good friend SpongeBob Squarepants says " the struggle is real"

Sting=Radzaa

ahhh this happens... I've met a shadow complaining in an arena after losing the first round: "I didn't kill even one, crap". I was like yeah even they stand still to let you hit, it takes more than 3 of you to kill b/c you didn't even break 10k damage! An infiltrate shadow who died last didn't break 10k damage you believe it? Even more unfortunate is, that round except I did like 60k damage and took out a madness sin, all other 3 dps had less than 10k... One even did 3k... Come on are you guys spies from imps side? Reroll a sorc/pt FTW!

In general Pub side pvp is poor, but it does seem that a more negative light is shown than a positive.

When I was GM of <Titans> even after the whole drama with Thaeus, 3 guild members were usually enough to be able to sneak out a win over the Imps. It was down to the wire in most cases, but teamwork overcomes the darkside any day.

To steer the thread back on topic, I thought this was a rather humorous look at the general folly and shenanigans one finds in Pub pvp.

Thanks Break.

I run guildless.

Not that it matters, much. I'll be taking a government sponsored vacation for quite a while at the end of this week, so you won't see me around.

Edited by andbreak

When you look at an imp noob, you can see it is trying hard to kill enemies, but their rotation can be improved. When you look at a pub noob, you can feel it clicking double strike very hard. It's like you can see all the way through the internet, your vision penetrating its screen, giving witness to the intense, heart-stopping and throat-cutting moment when it clicks so hard that it messed up his bars, which makes it's clicking even harder. As soon as you jump in on a pub noob, you can feel it is standing there looking for that ability in its bar:" ****, where did I put blade storm???????" And after you killed it, you can hear it, all across the nodes and doors, that it is shuffling its quick bars in respawn zones.

I enjoyed your literary piece of work with my cup of coffee. I was amused and kept nodding in agreement.

Were these ranked matches? Regular Warzones are advertised as entry level PvP. How are people expected to gear/learn in this game without taking their licks first? It's a catch-22 because If you want to restrict poorly geared players from entering regular warzones, you're only going to see the pool of players who PvP decline as people drop out of the queuing pool or fall behind the gear curve with new patches. Simply put, it's just how it's designed at the moment. It's why bolster exists at all in the first place.

Were these ranked matches? Regular Warzones are advertised as entry level PvP. How are people expected to gear/learn in this game without taking their licks first? It's a catch-22 because If you want to restrict poorly geared players from entering regular warzones, you're only going to see the pool of players who PvP decline as people drop out of the queuing pool or fall behind the gear curve with new patches. Simply put, it's just how it's designed at the moment. It's why bolster exists at all in the first place.

I think he's talking about the people who *never* get pvp gear. The only thing they want are the relics, and they don't care about the rest. Most have sub 40 valor, and have to either grind it, or wait until they do enough dailies/weeklies for the Brut ones.

I see tons of this on rep side.

First, see this.

Secondly, I am not sure what Break is considering PvE geared, but what I consider PvE geared is someone who runs 168 mods or higher. Those mods, even stated in the patch notes, are not bolsterized the same as low tier PvE gear. The people that run full 180 mods and expect to do something are hysterical. You are better off augmenting an empty set of gear, and leaving all armorings, mods, and enhancements out of it, seriously.

As far as I have seen, the Classic gear, which also has a set bonus, bolsters quite well for those who are interested in starting PvP coming from a PvE background. Ilum, Black Hole, and Section X dailies all grant Classic comms. Get on it.

Fundamentally, personal player ability matters a lot more than gear. A poorly geared player who understands things like objectives and target priority will always be better than a well geared player who's awful.

First, see this.

I wish someone would put time into finding out how everything bolsters and parsing the data to something like a spreadsheet for every patch that new gear comes out. I'd bookmark the hell outta that.

Edited by Halstadt

I wish someone would put time into finding out how everything bolsters and parsing the data to something like a spreadsheet for every patch that new gear comes out. I'd bookmark the hell outta that.

It doesn't have parses, but some people think its detailed enough. Its a tier off though, so it may be out of date.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707204

The TLDR version is basically that when Obroan was top tier PvP gear, you wanted to get that for everything but MH/OH and for that you'd run with whatever mod level kept you near max Expertise. It hasn't been updated for Brutalizer, but that post basically said the difference between Obroan MH/OH and non-Obroan MH/OH was pretty slim so my current assumption is that Brutalizer wins out since we're basically just now "catching up" with the item level breakpoint that Bolster hovers around anyway.