How is the PvP?

Rhyn

Many people who went over to a PvP server when transfers first opened up eventually came back. I'm one of them (but my heart was never really into it). Basically I found that individual play was pretty good, the variety of players was excellent (you really didn't see the same people constantly), but objective play was horrendous. The guy above me talking about how it took ten minutes before anyone touched the ball? Pretty much par for the course. I saw a Civil War where both teams went to mid and just duked it out. I even saw a guy get yelled at for grabbing an objective.

I came back to TEH because I liked the environment better. There's enough top level players here to make life interesting, and I'd put them up against the best that any PvP server had to offer any day of the week. My only real complaint is that there's not people willing to lend a helping hand to those who might not know better, or those who actually do need the help aren't willing to accept advice.

Wow, thanks for sharing. I never made the jump so never quite sure what life is like on one of the 'big PVP' servers.

For the most part TEH has a solid set of people in the main PVP guilds. There are a few personality conflicts but those are by far the exception, and most folks have actually been in a guild together or someone they know on both factions. That subset of players competing with or against one another since launch on Ebon Hawk is why I have been able to continue playing well past when I lost all interest in PVE.

Is pot5 really lightly populated? By just numbers yes! However you failed to look at the bigger picture. It is often stated TEH has the highest overall population, and it seem it's either 1 or 2, but at least 1/3 of the people here really just rp. That's all they do, they don't queue for stuff, they just rp. That takes a huge slice out of your pie, from that think of the people who casually queue and rp, Those who run ops and rp but never pvp, those who just pve...and on and on. That makes your effective PVP population lower than PVP servers.

Also as I mentioned before if you want to be competitive and do ranked etc, a pvp server would be much better, as if you just want to PVP you should not try to just farm rp'ers but go and try to be good in the best place. Read PVP posts They like to farm noobs and baddies.

You never met Dash'to. Heavy RPer but also one of the best Merc Healers, hell one of the best PvP players to run on Ebon Hawk. He won the Battle Royale that was held at one point, I think it was last year.

Participating in one activity doesn't preclude participation in others.

Is pot5 really lightly populated? By just numbers yes! However you failed to look at the bigger picture. It is often stated TEH has the highest overall population, and it seem it's either 1 or 2, but at least 1/3 of the people here really just rp. That's all they do, they don't queue for stuff, they just rp. That takes a huge slice out of your pie, from that think of the people who casually queue and rp, Those who run ops and rp but never pvp, those who just pve...and on and on. That makes your effective PVP population lower than PVP servers.

Also as I mentioned before if you want to be competitive and do ranked etc, a pvp server would be much better, as if you just want to PVP you should not try to just farm rp'ers but go and try to be good in the best place. Read PVP posts They like to farm noobs and baddies.

Pot5 has a lot of PVEers, way more than what would be expected for a PVP server. Pot5 is about half PVPers, half PVEers.

You never met Dash'to. Heavy RPer but also one of the best Merc Healers, hell one of the best PvP players to run on Ebon Hawk. He won the Battle Royale that was held at one point, I think it was last year.

Participating in one activity doesn't preclude participation in others.

And yes I have met Dashto, I was in a guild with him for a year and even PVE'd with him and had our guild first clear of S and V, and in my opinion he was an rp'er who pvp'd at a high level which is why he was here. Had he not rp'd and wanted to just pvp all day at a high level and did not want to just farm ppl all day he would have probably went to a pvp server for better competition and faster queue times.

• 2 weeks later...
If you're looking for a server where PvP isn't so heavily favored in the Imps direction, I'd suggest The Harbinger.

It's where I've transferred, and the W/L ratio is around 60/40 Pub/Imp and Solo Q pops every night from around 7-10 EST.

EH is painful if you're a die hard republic player; don't do it to yourself.

Lol...yeah because transferring out will help the situation. :)